Windows 10: Corrupted upgrade process?

Discus and support Corrupted upgrade process? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My desktop PC upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday morning--very smoothly, no problems. My laptop, though, has shown no sign of upgrading yet. What's more,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gogreen, Jul 30, 2015.

1. gogreen Win User

Corrupted upgrade process?

My desktop PC upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday morning--very smoothly, no problems. My laptop, though, has shown no sign of upgrading yet. What's more, when I click on "Learn More" in the upgrade window, nothing happens now. Before yesterday, it went through graphics of the upgrade process. Did my upgrade get corrupted somehow? How do I delete everything concerning upgrading and start the process again? Thanks.

:)

gogreen, Jul 30, 2015

2. upgrade corruption.

what is an ISO? I do not have a CD. I did the upgrde to my 8.1 from the free upgrade offered my Microsoft from the app store(which is now corrupted and cannot be found anymore).! so, what do us free upgrade folks do without a disc?? somehow , this upgrade
    did not go in cleanly and been having a pot pourri of problems, noe of which i have yet to fix!!

tcseacliff, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Arun B J Win User
    upgrade corruption.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

Booting to Recovery Environment with Windows 10 installation media.

This is an alternate way to boot the PC and run recovery tools when something goes wrong with the Operating system.

Please follow the steps given below. Insert the Windows 10 installation DVD in the DVD ROM and restart your computer.

a) After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

b)Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

c) Click Repair your computer
    in the lower left corner.

d) Select Troubleshoot
    from Choose an option screen.

e) Click advanced options
    in Troubleshoot screen.

f) Click Automatic Repair
    from Advanced Options screen.

g) Windows will then look for problems on hard drive(s) and verify that all required files are intact.

To download the windows 10 ISO refer the link below

Download Windows 10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Corrupted upgrade process?

alphanumeric, Jul 30, 2015
  5. gogreen Win User
    Thanks, alphanumeric. I'm upgrading the laptop right now. *Cool

gogreen, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Hopefully that works for you.

alphanumeric, Jul 30, 2015
  7. gogreen Win User
    Worked just fine--smooth with no hiccups. *Cool

gogreen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Corrupted upgrade process?

1. Corrupted upgrade process? - Similar Threads - Corrupted upgrade process

2. Cancel Windows 11 upgrade in process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cancel Windows 11 upgrade in process: Windows 11 upgrade was accidentally accepted during an aggressive urging. Now still in Windows 10, but at the "Accept License Terms for Windows 11" stage in Windows Update. There is not a "cancel upgrade" choice, but Windows 10 is desired. The choice is either to proceed with...
  3. Cancel Windows 11 upgrade in process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cancel Windows 11 upgrade in process: Windows 11 upgrade was accidentally accepted during an aggressive urging. Now still in Windows 10, but at the "Accept License Terms for Windows 11" stage in Windows Update. There is not a "cancel upgrade" choice, but Windows 10 is desired. The choice is either to proceed with...
  4. Cancel Windows 11 upgrade in process

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Critical process died - Desktop seems corrupted?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical process died - Desktop seems corrupted?: Hi. Six weeks ago I purchased a refurbished Windows 10 laptop. the warranty was only one month, sadly Today it suddenly has a problem. Sometimes when booting up, there is a black error screen that says No boot device found. And some other times, a blue error screen that...
  6. Windows 10 Update Process Corrupting Operating System

Windows 10 Update Process Corrupting Operating System: Two of my three computers: Dell XPS 8500 and my wife's ACR laptop have both had their Windows 10 operating system corrupted during the update process. The 8500 lost about 2000 dollars worth of software that was not recoverable. I am sure it must be something I am doing during...
  7. Upgrade to SSD Process

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade to SSD Process: New guy with 1st question, so hello all! I am considering upgrading my C: drive (500Gb HD) with a SanDisk Extreme Pro 240Gb SSD. I am fairly confident with the cloning process but just to make sure: 1. Will I have to reduce the partition size of the HD to 240 Gb - I'm...
  8. Upgrade process for a seldom used PC

Upgrade process for a seldom used PC: I want to try my first Win10 upgrade on a seldom used "backup" PC. This PC is usually turned off. I bring it up for a couple hours each week to update malware definitions, apply maint, etc. In the Win 7 Task Scheduler I currently have gwx disabled. (I have it disables on 2...
  9. SFC corruption detected after upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC corruption detected after upgrade: What gives? Windows 7 was clean before the update, 9715
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade process

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Upgrade process: I'm hoping someone can tell me how the Win10 upgrade works in terms of optimization. Does it tune-up or defragment my HDD in any way. Essentially what I'm saying is that, after upgrading to Win10 from Win7 Home premium, there was a significant performance upgrade. I'm both...