Windows 10: corrupted zip file

Discus and support corrupted zip file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was creating a zip archive with a password. Inside the archive there's a file, let's name it 123.exe. I zip it and add pass. Then I enter the archive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by winhelper, Apr 10, 2017.

1. winhelper Win User

corrupted zip file

I was creating a zip archive with a password. Inside the archive there's a file, let's name it 123.exe. I zip it and add pass. Then I enter the archive to rename the file, accidentally erase the .exe part. Now the file is corrupted and I tried to repair archive, but access was denied "Cannot open C:\........zip! Access is denied."I can't deleted the zip also, it said require admin permission again. I am admin of my computer and I am the only user of the computer, what to do?

:)

winhelper, Apr 10, 2017

2. Corrupt license .zip file

Just redownload the file. An error may have occurred during download.

chanchan05, Apr 10, 2017
  3. Spip72 Win User
    Corrupt license .zip file

Hi,

Nokia E75 - maps. 3.0

When I start up the Nokia Maps updater it searches a little while then displays the following error message: "Error - Cannot update licenses. The downloaded zip file was corrupted (11)".

Regards,

Spip

Spip72, Apr 10, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

corrupted zip file

Not a consolation but I've always found it best using Windows zip feature, WinZip or 7Zip to do the renaming on the uncompressed file/s then compress again. It really doesn't take long unless a large number of files are being compressed into one archive. Renaming or manipulating files inside a compressed archive can break the "indexing" or "cataloging" the compression program uses.

Berton, Apr 10, 2017
  5. winhelper Win User
    what do I do now? I can't delete the file either

winhelper, Apr 10, 2017
  6. vgchat Win User
    And what's stopping you from doing that? Any specific error message?

vgchat, Apr 10, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    Can't delete the .zip file or the file inside the archive?

Berton, Apr 10, 2017
  8. winhelper Win User

corrupted zip file

you require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this file

winhelper, Apr 10, 2017
  9. vgchat Win User
    From
    I am an Administrator, but I keep getting errors like,

vgchat, Apr 10, 2017
  10. winhelper Win User
    winhelper, Apr 10, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    You still haven't answered whether you are trying to delete the file inside the archive, or the .zip file itself. If it's the .zip file, where it says...
    Owner: unable to display current owner. Change
    ...click Change and make yourself the owner. Then add your account to Permissions with full control. Then you should be able to delete the .zip file.

If you're trying to delete the file inside the archive, you're probably stuck now it's corrupted. You could try taking ownership, it may work. Probably better to make a new archive. Can you extract all the other files it contains?

12. winhelper Win User
    @Bree I'm trying to delete the zip file itself, I tried changing permission but it was denied. Check the 2 screenshot I posted above your comment. I am the only user and the admin of the pc.

winhelper, Apr 10, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

corrupted zip file

I did. You need to take ownership first.

14. winhelper Win User
    It's denied me from taking ownership

winhelper, Apr 10, 2017
  15. Bree New Member
    Well in that case you need to boot from something else to delete the file. A Linux Live USB is the usual suggestion, but you could also boot from a recovery drive USB and use the Command Prompt.
    Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10
    (untick 'include system files', you won't need them)

Thema:

corrupted zip file

1. corrupted zip file - Similar Threads - corrupted zip file

2. .exe and .zip files corrupted. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .exe and .zip files corrupted. How do I fix it?: Just a question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-and-zip-files-corrupted-how-do-i-fix-it/96d1a290-403e-46b6-a475-458ef4c4bab2
  3. .exe and .zip files corrupted. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .exe and .zip files corrupted. How do I fix it?: Just a question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-and-zip-files-corrupted-how-do-i-fix-it/96d1a290-403e-46b6-a475-458ef4c4bab2
  4. zip files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    zip files: Can you delete zip files after installing fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f54ede80-32ec-4f5f-a071-bc15ef79fd15
  5. zip files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    zip files: Can you delete zip files after installing fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f54ede80-32ec-4f5f-a071-bc15ef79fd15
  6. zip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 10 - Creating Zip files always corrupted

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Creating Zip files always corrupted: Hi all, I have an odd error with my PC, all zip files, no matter which application I use always get corrupted when I create them. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, but still having issues, its a Windows 10 Pro machine. Does anyone have any guidance?...
  8. ZIP FILES

ZIP FILES: Pls i need help so i got a prited game and i deleted everything in the file but the file is still there what can i do to make it vanish to brazil this is a meme pls help me there isnt anything in it its also “a zip folder”...
  9. Zip files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Zip files: I downloaded zip files on PC Windows 10. When I extracted the files to install them. It completed but did not install the software or show any info. I do not find any icon showing that the software is installed what is wrong here and what can be done to correct the...
  10. Zipped Files

Zipped Files: I have been using an online map creation tool for my business using Microsoft Edge, when I save the file its saved as a Zipped file locally. If I share this file with someone else and they try to open to view it online via Internet explorer nothing happens why' s this...