Windows 10: corsair K70 Rgb fails to work, forcing constant repair of installation

Discus and support corsair K70 Rgb fails to work, forcing constant repair of installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I purchased a new Corsair K70 RGB keyboard to replace my old Model M IBM keyboard when it stopped working on my Ryzen 7/Crosshair VI Hero system. Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Murphcid, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Murphcid Win User

corsair K70 Rgb fails to work, forcing constant repair of installation

I purchased a new Corsair K70 RGB keyboard to replace my old Model M IBM keyboard when it stopped working on my Ryzen 7/Crosshair VI Hero system. Since that time it remains stuck on red LED, unless each time I restart the computer I do a "repair" on the software. My system specs:

Asus Crosshair VI Hero motherboard with latest bios
    Ryzen 7 1700 NOT overclocked
    G.Skill Flare X 2400 DDR 4 ram 32gb
    ASUS 1060 6 gb video card
    Western Digital 512gn NVME boot drive.
    Windows 10 latest build.

I have contacted Corsair tech support and they are worse than useless. After doing what they told me, nothing worked, so I took the following steps:

1) Removed the software, rebooted and reinstalled it. Worked till I shut down the computer
    2) Did the above and also removed everything from device manager. Same as above
    3) updated the bios on the keyboard, and did all of the above. Same as above
    4) resigned myself that I have to update the software each time I boot the computer.

I have been a Corsair Fan boy for the last decade, but now I am rethinking my loyalty. Their tech support just cannot/will not help.

:)

Murphcid, Dec 28, 2017

2. Keyboard win key not working, taskbar thumbnails / peek, alt tab etc issues

Hi I've been struggling with these issues bout 20 days and this is whats going on.

When I press the windows key on my keyboard (corsair k70 vengance rgb) nothing happens but I also notice that at the same time the thumbnails of the programs I have currently opened disappear quickly and
    by the time I can click them the program doesn't come up, also alt+tab isnt working either . I've done like 8 clean installations and nothing seems to improve, aditinally normal video files flickers when this comes, it tends to vanish and everything works
    normally till it happens again. Right now I don't have enything but drivers installed. I'm using: Intel i7 4790, 2 8gb Kingston hyperx fury, nvidia gtx970, segate n wdc hard drives, corsair k70 rgb vengance, corsair m65 rgb.

I've also tried installing the os in different HD but nothing, even went back to w7 and I get the exact same problem.

I'd be much appreciated if u need further info pls tell me.

GustavoNajera, Dec 28, 2017
  3. up to date drivers but "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

My drives are up to date but windows thinks they aren't, the volume and mute buttons on my keyboard work for some reason too. I just switched to a different keyboard yesterday.

Operating System: Windows 10 (up to date)

Keyboard: Corsair RGB K70

SchoolMail, Dec 28, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

I would uninstall the software with Revo Uninstaller, be sure to use the Advanced option and remove all of the Windows Registry entries as well. After restarting, do a search for the software, if there are no left over files, reinstall it. If this still fails, can you use the keyboard without all of the bells and whistles?

spunk, Dec 28, 2017
Thema:

1. corsair K70 Rgb fails to work, forcing constant repair of installation - Similar Threads - corsair K70 Rgb

2. CORSAIR iCUE 465X RGB Mid-Tower ATX Smart Case - CORSAIR iCUE v5.10.82 - ARGB Fan LEDs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CORSAIR iCUE 465X RGB Mid-Tower ATX Smart Case - CORSAIR iCUE v5.10.82 - ARGB Fan LEDs?: I built my PC in late 2020 & I only recently discovered the software CORSAIR iCUE v5.10.82, but I am having trouble activating the ARGB LEDs of the 3 front-facing fans in the computer's case. The fans are running, but I am concerned that the fans are not entirely hooked up,...
  3. CORSAIR iCUE 465X RGB Mid-Tower ATX Smart Case - CORSAIR iCUE v5.10.82 - ARGB Fan LEDs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CORSAIR iCUE 465X RGB Mid-Tower ATX Smart Case - CORSAIR iCUE v5.10.82 - ARGB Fan LEDs?: I built my PC in late 2020 & I only recently discovered the software CORSAIR iCUE v5.10.82, but I am having trouble activating the ARGB LEDs of the 3 front-facing fans in the computer's case. The fans are running, but I am concerned that the fans are not entirely hooked up,...
  4. Corsair keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corsair keyboard not working: Hi it's me Gifford. I just wanted to ask how to make my keyboard work again. I just updated my os to windows 11 and bought a new Corsair keyboard for gaming. I tried to use the kyebaord but it only lit up , it says installing drivers but keyboard won't work, I try inserting...
  5. Corsair keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corsair keyboard not working: Hi it's me Gifford. I just wanted to ask how to make my keyboard work again. I just updated my os to windows 11 and bought a new Corsair keyboard for gaming. I tried to use the kyebaord but it only lit up , it says installing drivers but keyboard won't work, I try inserting...
  6. How to setup Corsair Vengeanc RGB Pro Memory on AMD Ryzen Threadripper

in Windows 10 Support
    How to setup Corsair Vengeanc RGB Pro Memory on AMD Ryzen Threadripper: Hi all I am using Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 (see pic) I have installed 4 DIMM's each of (16 GB total ram is 64 GB) but my 3000MHz is limited to 2133 MHz [img] As you can see that they are capable of 3000 MHz but that is not the case and it is is well below that...
  7. Corsair Utility Engine Fails to Install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corsair Utility Engine Fails to Install: Hi everyone! I've recently reinstalled windows and formatted both drives then moved back my important files from an external hard drive due to having my computer freezing quite frequently for no apparent reason. I thought this would completely solve the problem but now...
  8. Corsair K70 LUX Gaming Keyboard Issues with Windows10 v1909

Corsair K70 LUX Gaming Keyboard Issues with Windows10 v1909: Greetings community members, I have just performed a clean install of W10 v1909 and now my keyboard numlock will not enable as before with W10 v1903. I made certain that my keyboard registry entry has the numlock enabled at boot-up, and I have the same keyboard driver...
  9. Corsair K70 Mechanical Keyboard strafe issue!

Corsair K70 Mechanical Keyboard strafe issue!: Hi guys, so I bought a K70 today after using a Logitech G13 for so long I felt a upgrade was needed, anyway the issue I'm facing is a weird one and please bare with me while I try and describe it lol. So I play FPS mainly and say for example I hold shift (run) W (Forward)...
  10. Corsair SSD trim failed to work after Win 10 installed

Corsair SSD trim failed to work after Win 10 installed: Hello Since I installed Win 10, I can't use the trim function on my Corsair SSD drive. Is there a reason? Message say not supported??? Martin 15300