Windows 10: Corsair SSD trim failed to work after Win 10 installed

Discus and support Corsair SSD trim failed to work after Win 10 installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Since I installed Win 10, I can't use the trim function on my Corsair SSD drive. Is there a reason? Message say not supported??? Martin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by arjfca, Aug 10, 2015.

1. arjfca Win User

Corsair SSD trim failed to work after Win 10 installed

Hello

Since I installed Win 10, I can't use the trim function on my Corsair SSD drive. Is there a reason?
    Message say not supported???

Martin

:)

arjfca, Aug 10, 2015

2. Intel US15W chipset and SSDs will (still) stall the installation

If you have a netbook with an Intel US15W chipset in combination with a SATA SSD that features TRIM, then you will still have this problem: starting from Windows 7 every installation attempt will fail due to TRIM not working!

However, this workaround also worked
    for installing Windows 10.

My hardware is an ASUS EeePC 1101HA. I had it upgraded with a Crucial M500 SATA SSD, not knowing that the chipset actually uses a PATA-to-SATA bridge that doesn’t support the TRIM command. That wouldn’t be so bad, but installing Windows 7 and newer simply
    stalls when the Windows setup tries to format a partition.

The workaround: partition with a Windows Vista installation media, then start the Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 installation, after the first reboot boot from a Bart PE live media (which you would have to create on a working Windows installation first) and change
    the registry of the just installed Windows 7/8/8.1/10 installation to disable TRIM. Then it works.

BTW, I only had to change [Installation drive]:\Windows\system32\config\SYSTEM (hive imported in Bart PE regedit.exe) HKLM\ControlSet001\Control\Filesystem\DisableDeleteNotification from 0 to 1. After that, reboot again and Windows 10 will work.

Windows User 330250, Aug 10, 2015
  3. SDD compatibility - the real reason why some do work and some do not.....

Thank You Twain!

This was taken off the Intel Communities site:

"Issue:

The Windows 7 installer will fail on US15W based netbooks like the Dell Mini 10 if attempted installed on a trim-enabled SSD like the Intel x25-m with the newest firmware.

Cause:

The US15W chipset internally uses a PATA controller. To connect to SATA drives, a bridge chip is used. The drive annouces trim capability when queried by the Windows installer, but the bridge chip does not support passing trim commands to the SATA SSD drive,
    causing data transfers to the drive to fail.
    "

Now the question is, does the Booklet 3G support Intel's SSD Toolbox? Has anyone successfully installed SSD Toolbox? Thanks, John!

selleugraj, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Corsair SSD trim failed to work after Win 10 installed

fracking4oil, Aug 10, 2015
  5. arjfca Win User
    arjfca, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Corsair SSD trim failed to work after Win 10 installed

1. Corsair SSD trim failed to work after Win 10 installed - Similar Threads - Corsair SSD trim

2. SSD No trim Supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD No trim Supported: In above Image SSD drive Shows Trim Not supported. but my SSD drive supports Trim.can i perceive that My ssd Drive is not trimmed by Operating system or Storage controller....
  3. ssd trim problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd trim problem: Hello I have 2 ssd drives micron and lexar and after windows 10 1709 version to latest version of windows 10 and windows 11 I'm having trim not enabled issue, hdd sentinel software says that trim is supported but disabled and I have tried many ways and software's but I just...
  4. SSD Trim Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD Trim Windows 10: If TRIM is scheduled to run automatically weekly does your computer have to be TURNED ON for it to run? Thanks Bany.. 167625
  5. Corsair Utility Engine Fails to Install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corsair Utility Engine Fails to Install: Hi everyone! I've recently reinstalled windows and formatted both drives then moved back my important files from an external hard drive due to having my computer freezing quite frequently for no apparent reason. I thought this would completely solve the problem but now...
  6. Corsair Link doesnt work after installing windows 10 v2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corsair Link doesnt work after installing windows 10 v2004: Corsair LINK v4.9.9.3 doesnt work after installing windows 10 v2004. What we can do about that, re-installing software wont work. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corsair-link-doesnt-work-after-installing-windows/a52d3e65-4721-4349-ba2d-86c7b6aea9f1
  7. ssd trim

ssd trim: NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled) I have read articles and none show this so does this mean my trim is enabled or disabled? I think the 0 means it is enabled but it says disabled at the end. 134705
  8. corsair ssd drive partitions

corsair ssd drive partitions: hi looking for some advice im going to upgrade my SSD, ive attached a screen shot of the current drive partitions just wondering if there is a need to do anything before i clone to a new SSD drive. 125407
  9. corsair K70 Rgb fails to work, forcing constant repair of installation

corsair K70 Rgb fails to work, forcing constant repair of installation: I purchased a new Corsair K70 RGB keyboard to replace my old Model M IBM keyboard when it stopped working on my Ryzen 7/Crosshair VI Hero system. Since that time it remains stuck on red LED, unless each time I restart the computer I do a "repair" on the software. My system...
  10. SSD trim on an MBR install

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD trim on an MBR install: I currently see 3 drives in 'optimize drives' as follows: C: , System Reserved which I assume has the boot tables and stuff, and what appears to be a network drive displayed \\?Volume{8ebc5064-0000-0000- etc. In Disk Management I have the System Reserve partition and C:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. corsair toolbox trim wont work

2. windows 10 ssd trim will not work

3. corsair tool box not loading win10

4. corsair ssd toolbox drive not supported,
  5. corsair ssd trim,
  6. corsair trim m2,
  7. corsair trim failed not supported