Windows 10: Cortana activation without minimizing current window

Discus and support Cortana activation without minimizing current window in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, thanks to the forum help here, I have mapped the cortana activation to a button on an IR remote. I want to use Cortana with on my HTPC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LuigiEd, Aug 4, 2015.

1. LuigiEd Win User

Cortana activation without minimizing current window

Hi all,

thanks to the forum help here, I have mapped the cortana activation to a button on an IR remote.
    I want to use Cortana with on my HTPC. However, when I activate Cortana, the media center software (KODI) is minimized to the task bar.

Is is possible to set Cortana (or windows menus in general) so, that thex get to the foreground, but do not minimize the currently open window?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

:)

LuigiEd, Aug 4, 2015

2. Cortana doesn't respond to "Hey Cortana"

Nokia Lumia 635 currently on Windows 10 version 10.0.10536

Cortana doesn't activate on saying "Hey Cortana"

Cortana responds if I press the "mic" symbol and hears my request.

There's no "Allow Cortana to respond to Hey Cortana" anywhere in Cortana settings.

How do I get Cortana to respond to "Hey Cortana"?

Gordon B-P, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Windows Password

I am trying to log into Windows to activate Cortana.

My password was not accepted (or forgotten - depends on your point of view).

I went through the steps of resetting my password.

Once I had my new password, I resumed my efforts to activate Cortana.

It asks me to input my previous password.

There is no way I could get past this page because I did not know my previous password (had to reset my password).

If someone lets me know how I can activate Cortana without knowing my previous password, I'll activate and start using Cortana.

If not, I'll do things the way I have up to this date - without Cortana.

06SniperKing, Aug 4, 2015
  4. LuigiEd Win User

I have solved this myself. If possible, set video settings of the application to "windowed fullscreen" instead of true fullscreen.

This will make the application loose focus, when Cortana is activated, but it remains in the background.

LuigiEd, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

1. Cortana activation without minimizing current window - Similar Threads - Cortana activation without

2. Cortana activating without input.

in Cortana
    Cortana activating without input.: I see this has been an issue for others and that it seems to be the trackpad for them. only one problem, I don't have a trackpad or gestures to use it.No sound even remotely close to the key phrase either....
  3. Cortana activating without input.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana activating without input.: I see this has been an issue for others and that it seems to be the trackpad for them. only one problem, I don't have a trackpad or gestures to use it.No sound even remotely close to the key phrase either....
  4. Cortana activating without input.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana for current and all users

in Cortana
    Cortana for current and all users: Hi, I uninstalled cortana, but now i want to reinstall it, but i found that there are 2 version, 1 for current users and 1 for all users. What are the differences between them? Which version should I get, and which version go along with Win 10 through Media creation tool??...
  6. "Hey Cortana" Voice Activation is currently unavailable

in Cortana
    "Hey Cortana" Voice Activation is currently unavailable: Trying to set up "Hey Cortana" Unable to.. I see no options. When I click Windows+C it does pop up.. I have check setting over and over and no option to turn on "Hey Cortana" When I turn on Cortana and check setting from there I see " Wake word invocation is currently...
  7. Shortcut to directly minimize current window to Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut to directly minimize current window to Taskbar?: I am using Windows 10 and would like to find a keyboard shortcut that I can macro to my mouse to minimize the current window I am looking at. I have tried windows + down but if the window is already maximized, this does not seem to work (you have to press it twice). Also, if...
  8. cortana device setup is currently not available

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cortana device setup is currently not available: For some reason im unable download the Cortana device setup . Ive tried rebooting my system and my app store. Keeps giving me "device setup is currently not available" and i can't find a solution anywhere. Please help...
  9. Pressing w minimizes active window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pressing w minimizes active window: Has anyone seen an issue in Windows 10 Pro, where pressing w in a search bar in file explorer, Virtual DJ 8, or Serato DJ on a laptop, minimizes the active window and shows all windows and a vertical timeline? Pressing W (capital w) doesn't do this only lower-case w....
  10. Activating Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating Cortana: Ok..I originally signed into Cortana with a gmail account (not microsoft account). I need to sign in with my outlook account however, now I cannot change the email account in Cortana. How can I change the email I use to sign into Cortana? I cannot find any options that allow...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 minimizing cortana

2. how to use cortana without minimizing