Windows 10: Cortana and Edge, not Explorer

Discus and support Cortana and Edge, not Explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want my Cortana to use Edge for web searches, not Explorer. I cannot finding anything in the settings.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SteveSwidler1, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Cortana and Edge, not Explorer

I want my Cortana to use Edge for web searches, not Explorer. I cannot finding anything in the settings.

:)

SteveSwidler1, Aug 2, 2018

2. Edge, Internet Explorer, and Cortana

Hi Sean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

What happens when you try to open those apps?

Try the below methods and check if that helps:

Method 1: For IE, refer the below link and check:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Click the Settings icon at the top right corner in internet explorer.

• Click the Tools
                button, and then click Internet Options.

• Click the
                Connections
                tab, and then click LAN settings.

• Uncheck the box next to “proxy server for your LAN”.

• Click on OK to save the setting and close window.
    Now check the issue by opening Edge, Internet explorer and Cortana.

Also check if the below settings are correct in your system related to Cortana:

Why is Cortana not available for me on Windows 10?

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Cortana

Hi,

It seems that Cortana is not configured to use Microsoft Edge. To ensure that Cortana will use Microsoft Edge, follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the More (. . .) icon, then click Settings.
    • Scroll down and click View advanced settings.
    • Under Privacy and services, toggle on Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge.

If Cortana still opens web pages using Internet Explorer, then we suggest that you restart your computer to apply the changes. Once your computer is up, try using Cortana again and let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Cortana and Edge, not Explorer

No Cortana Icon on Microsoft Edge

Hi Praveen,

It is possible that the Show search and site suggestions as I type option in Microsoft Edge isn't enabled which explains why the Cortana icon is not visible. To check, follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the Menu button (...).
    • Click Settings.
    • Scroll down and click View advanced settings.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge
      option.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Show search and site suggestions as I type option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Cortana and Edge, not Explorer

1. Cortana and Edge, not Explorer - Similar Threads - Cortana Edge Explorer

2. Cortana, edge, and the stupid news

in Cortana
    Cortana, edge, and the stupid news: How do I delete the stupid cortana, edge and microsoft news? I'm so sick and tired of having this worthless and DUMB apps pushed on me. how do i delete them FOREVER?...
  3. How to kill Cortana / Edge?

in Cortana
    How to kill Cortana / Edge?: This has been asked previously. However, no real answer has been provided - how do you stop Cortana eating ram and processing cycles? Failing that, how do I stonewall Cortana so she's not telling her creators everything about me? I realise I'm not the best at hiding my...
  4. Cortana integration with Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana integration with Chromium Edge: Is there any plans to ship this feature to the Chromium Edge?? submitted by /u/soufiane60 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/diric3/cortana_integration_with_chromium_edge/
  5. Internet is not working in Microsoft edge, internet explorer, Microsoft store and cortana....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet is not working in Microsoft edge, internet explorer, Microsoft store and cortana....: I tried reset internet properties and Inplace Microsoft upgrade but nothing helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-is-not-working-in-microsoft-edge-internet/0297ef94-a40f-4378-baf1-cba90c6c75f5
  6. Can't access start menu, tools, cortana, Microsoft edge, or "This PC" in explorer

in Cortana
    Can't access start menu, tools, cortana, Microsoft edge, or "This PC" in explorer: Hi, I just had this issue starting 11/21/18. I noticed that I couldn't type inside the search bar, or open Cortana. I restarted the computer using Alt F4 to restart. It got hung up on restart, and closed the Dell laptop and it restarted again. Fully rebooted, got to sign in...
  7. Microsoft Edge and Cortana

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge and Cortana: I also hate these two programs and it is unacceptable that Microsoft is trying to decide for us, what programs are beneficial. They need to write a patch to completely remove these two programs(they are not apps, apps are on an Android phone, by the way app is an acronym...
  8. Edge and Cortana

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and Cortana: I was under the impression that Cortana should be available in Edge by showing the Cortana "Circle" to the right of the address bar. I don't see it. I have Cortona enabled but no Cortona or Cortona suggestions. A bit more info I found. Can anyone confirm this with their...
  9. Bing not working in Edge or Cortana

in Browsers and Email
    Bing not working in Edge or Cortana: Hi, I recently bought a new laptop that came pre-installed with Windows 10 - everything is working fine apart from I can't do anything with Bing. Doing a search from Edge or Cortana just brings up the 'hmm can't access page' error. Trying to go to www.bing.com from Edge or...
  10. Show Cortana Web Search Results in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Cortana Web Search Results in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer: How to: Show Web Search Results in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer How to Show Web Search Results in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer [img] Warning This tutorial is no longer valid starting with Windows 10 version 1903. When searching the web from...