Windows 10: Cortana can help hackers to bypass password on locked device

Discus and support Cortana can help hackers to bypass password on locked device in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Two Israeli security researchers have come across a way to download malware onto a Windows PC, even when it’s locked. All because Cortana might have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AndreTen, Mar 6, 2018.

1. AndreTen Win User

Cortana can help hackers to bypass password on locked device

This is insane security risk!

Read more (via Wilderssecurity forums)
    Slashgear | cortana-bypassed-passwords-to-browses-sites-on-locked-pc

:)

AndreTen, Mar 6, 2018
  2. garym123 Win User

I locked my phone from https://account.microsoft.com/devices/find-my-device Why can't I unlock from here.

The phone lock screen password can not be bypassed. As
    Entegy
    said above, the ability to bypass the lock screen password would compromising the security of the device, and thus rendering the lock screen pointless.

garym123, Mar 6, 2018
  3. Unable to logon to system, asking for a password that was never created.

All current Windows versions require a logon password. You can bypass the logon when booting up, but it must be there when you set it up.

Automate login and bypass the lock screen in Windows 10

Automate login and bypass the lock screen in Windows 10

Bruce Hagen, Mar 6, 2018
Thema:

Cortana can help hackers to bypass password on locked device

1. Cortana can help hackers to bypass password on locked device - Similar Threads - Cortana help hackers

2. Password bypass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password bypass: My brother passed away 2/17/2024. His wife is trying to access his computer for historical and financial purposes; however, she does not have his password for the Windows 10 account. I think I already know the answer, but, is there a way for her to get into the computer to...
  3. Password bypass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password bypass: My brother passed away 2/17/2024. His wife is trying to access his computer for historical and financial purposes; however, she does not have his password for the Windows 10 account. I think I already know the answer, but, is there a way for her to get into the computer to...
  4. Password bypass

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. bypass password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bypass password: So I was reading all these different threads about how to bypass password, ok so if you are trying to bypass the password on the sign in screen, obviously that means you can't sign in so why would all these people give instructions that still requires one to sign in? Isn' t...
  6. bypass password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bypass password: So I was reading all these different threads about how to bypass password, ok so if you are trying to bypass the password on the sign in screen, obviously that means you can't sign in so why would all these people give instructions that still requires one to sign in? Isn' t...
  7. Is Cortana a hacker?

in Cortana
    Is Cortana a hacker?: Cortana always appears for no reason, and I know she is a hacker. Is she? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-cortana-a-hacker/ef57fe17-20b8-415b-8b97-ba5769f6ae64
  8. Bypassing Password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bypassing Password: My dad passed away late last week and I have been tasked with gathering his electronic information. His Windows 10 PC has a password lock on it, and unfortunately he didn't write down the password to get into his computer. How can I bypass or reset this computers password???...
  9. PC locked by hackers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC locked by hackers: Need help to get PC back on. PC won't start, monitor is black. Please walk me through this process. I appreciate!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-locked-by-hackers/bd533be5-a326-4dba-b91a-6b4bb3d20713
  10. Help bypassing region locks on microsoft store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help bypassing region locks on microsoft store: So discord decided to give all their nitro subscribers gamepasses which is really cool and to my dismay I found out that its not available in my region. So after few hours I managed to get it working, but then I found out that 1/3rd of the library is also region locked So...