Windows 10: Cortana can predict sporting events on PC too, not just mobile

Discus and support Cortana can predict sporting events on PC too, not just mobile in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The only difference is that you have to ask her when the team you're interested in plays their next game, as opposed to asking her directly for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BrownianMotion, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Cortana can predict sporting events on PC too, not just mobile

The only difference is that you have to ask her when the team you're interested in plays their next game, as opposed to asking her directly for a prediction as you would do on your phone. Here's an example of me asking her:

Cortana can predict sporting events on PC too, not just mobile [​IMG]

:)

BrownianMotion, Sep 8, 2015
  2. MDMcD Win User

Cortana will not do predictions

So I keep reading how Cortana can predict the outcome of sporting events like NFL games, soccer/football games, and has even predicted the outcome of the Scottish vote for independence.

But when ever I try to get Cortana to predict a game outcome on my Windows phone, she either just gives me web search results, or will say something useless like "I thought you'd never ask so I never thought about it."

What do I need to do to enable this feature? I don't see anything related to this under Settings>Cortana.

Running Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 (8.10.15148.160) on Nokia Lumia 830.

I have never tried to use this feature until recently, so I don't know if it worked before under earlier versions of Windows Phone 8.1.

Thanks!

MDMcD, Sep 8, 2015
  3. JG2yang1 Win User
    Cortana will not do predictions

Hi
    MDMcD,

Thank you for posting on the forum,

I understand that you're looking for a way to enable Cortana to predict the outcome of sporting events.

You may try checking the link below for you to have an idea what you can say to Cortana as of the moment.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/cortana/what-can-i-say-to-cortana

The more you use Cortana on your phone, the more it gets better.

Kind regards.

JG2yang1, Sep 8, 2015
Thema:

Cortana can predict sporting events on PC too, not just mobile

1. Cortana can predict sporting events on PC too, not just mobile - Similar Threads - Cortana predict sporting

2. Predicting the life left in my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Predicting the life left in my PC: Hi y'all! My PC is pretty old, and showing serious performance issues that I've come to recognize as some end-of-life symptoms, such as task manager showing 100% disk usage even when nothing is drawing any real resources. My main question is this: how much additional life...
  3. Predictive url is super slow on Edge beta (stable too!)

in Browsers and Email
    Predictive url is super slow on Edge beta (stable too!): Anyone else have this issue. Say i type an address in url box, well, Edge doesn't seem to acknowledge the site until i get to the last letter and sometimes even have to type .com to get there before it shows up in the predicted address. Kind of defeats the purpose of having...
  4. Cortana's respond on mobile application

in Cortana
    Cortana's respond on mobile application: I am using Huawei Mate 10 Lite.I have recently installed Microsoft Cortana app on that moblie but Cortana does not respond to "hey cortana"on mobile home screen.Please suggest me a way to enable Cortana to respond on "hey cortana" on mobile home screen. Please reply me...
  5. CORTANA STOPPED READING MY CALENDAR EVENTS. SPORTS EVENTS IN PARTICULAR.

in Cortana
    CORTANA STOPPED READING MY CALENDAR EVENTS. SPORTS EVENTS IN PARTICULAR.: CORTANA CAN NO LONGER READ CALENDAR EVENTS BROUGHT IN FROM "ADD CALENDARS". SUCH AS SPORTS AND TV EVENTS. IT CAN ONLY RECOGNIZE EVENTS THAT I MANUALLY TYPE INTO THE CALENDAR APP. I USE OUTLOOK (WEB). THIS FUNCTION ALWAYS WORKED WELL, NOW.... NOT AT ALL. ANY THOUGHTS?...
  6. On screen keyboard prediction fades away too quickly

in Windows 10 Support
    On screen keyboard prediction fades away too quickly: I have been using windows 10 on screen keyboard for a very long without any issues, recently I've noticed the prediction on, on screen keyboard fades away sometimes in a millisecond after you press a letter, which was never the case in past. Does anyone know what the issue is...
  7. Has anyone tried to get Cortana to predict the outcome of sporting eve

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone tried to get Cortana to predict the outcome of sporting eve: Cortana has predicted World Cup games with a good deal of accuracy:http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwin...hes-in-brazil/ And also NFL games: http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/03/c...cts-nfl-games/ She apparently predicted the Patriots would win the SB way back in...
  8. Cortana just disappeared!

Cortana just disappeared!: Had an Update around Midnight last night and this Morning, I found Cortana has disappeared together with my reminders and no Microphone Symbol showing. Did anyone else have this problem? 16429
  9. Cortana problem with Sports info

Cortana problem with Sports info: Sorry if this is the wrong forum but wasn't sure where to put a Cortana question. So I have Sports selected as a card/tile but they don't show up when I open Cortana. I get weather and breaking local news but that's it. I have several NFL and MLB Baseball teams selected, I...
  10. Bing adds flight status and entertainment & sports predictions

in Windows 10 News
    Bing adds flight status and entertainment & sports predictions: This month at Bing we shipped several new experiences that let you quickly find what you’re looking for. Flight status Checking flight status can be a hassle, whether you’re rushing to pick someone up from arrivals, or if you’re in a terminal and want to check that...