Windows 10: Cortana cannot even "Search My Stuff" with no internet connection!

Discus and support Cortana cannot even "Search My Stuff" with no internet connection! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've noticed, if there is no internet connection on account login, Cortana cannot search for files and apps in my PC! When it's connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by werby, Aug 25, 2015.

1. werby Win User

Cortana cannot even "Search My Stuff" with no internet connection!

Hi,

I've noticed, if there is no internet connection on account login, Cortana cannot search for files and apps in my PC! When it's connected to internet (even for a few seconds), Cortana's (local) search works fine.

Is it only for me???*Huh

P S: If you want to test, please try this:
    1. Disconnect internet.
    2. Sign out.
    3. Sign in.
    4. Still disconnected, open "Start" menu or Cortana and type...anything. Does it work?

THNX!

:)

werby, Aug 25, 2015
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Aug 25, 2015
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Aug 25, 2015
  4. Cortana cannot even "Search My Stuff" with no internet connection!

Never had an issue like the one you describe since 10074. I disable web search in Cortana settings and it remain the best place to search Windows architecture. I rarely pass by File Explorer. Try to sign out (equivalent to lock screen) and sign in (Internet unplugged) and no effect on Cortana stability.

Posted under 10525

MikeMecanic, Aug 25, 2015
  5. werby Win User
    Hello MikeMecanic,

Stability is not my issue. It just doesn't show any results till is connected to internet.
    Anyway, perhaps something's going wrong here.

THANK YOU!!!

werby, Aug 25, 2015
  6. xinlifoss Win User
    CONFIRMED!

I also see that after enabling networking, and having web search disabled in search settings, if I attempt a local search, my machine makes a connection to Microsoft immediately! It is sending all local searches!

xinlifoss, Jan 27, 2016
  7. xinlifoss Win User
    SOLVED!

the setting inside "Internet Options" under tab "General" section "Browsing History"
    click button "Settings". in the dialog select tab "Caches and databases"

!!!! the "Allow website caches and databases" MUST BE ENABLED.

otherwise, local search when not connected to the internet will fail

srsly!

xinlifoss, Jan 28, 2016
  8. xinlifoss Win User

a little more information.

using the search will make six https connections to GXS/OpenText/GE Information Services in Rockville, MD at IPv4 address 207.79.197.200

xinlifoss, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana cannot even "Search My Stuff" with no internet connection! - Similar Threads - Cortana cannot Search

2. No Internet connection icon even though my internet is working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet connection icon even though my internet is working: I am able to surf the net but because the network icon shows "Not Connected - Connections are available", I cant use apps like Zoom or Outlook. I have tried the following solutions but to no avail:1 running the troubleshooter which prompts me to do networking reset. Run it...
  3. No internet access even if connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet access even if connected: I tried to fix that and it worked, but when I shutdown my pc, the problem occurs again. Apparently, the only method that worked is reseting the network and rebooting. Any fix for that? submitted by /u/_asch [link] [comments]...
  4. Cortana No Longer Searches Internet Web

in Cortana
    Cortana No Longer Searches Internet Web: I have good internet connection with all apps i.e. Edge, Firefox, Outlook 2016, ... except Cortana. Cortana only searches my PC, not the internet. I'm using Edge 84.0.522.40. Four days ago Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems was updated KB4560960 & KB4497165...
  5. Cannot connect to my internet.

Cannot connect to my internet.: My internet icon has turned into a globe and when I click on it Network & Internet settings and airplane mod pops up. I can no longer see the list of available networks. In the network settings it says I'm not connected, how do I fix this....
  6. cortana can't connect to the internet

in Cortana
    cortana can't connect to the internet: Hi, My Cortana can't connect to the internet, it says "I can't connect at the moment , try again in a little bit" My WiFi connection works just fine, my laptop is up to date, my search bar works too, and I tried using a local account, but still don't work. this is...
  7. Cortana searches internet, not my computer

in Cortana
    Cortana searches internet, not my computer: Since upgrading to Windows 10 1903 on a Windows 10 Home desktop, Cortana automatically searches the internet for entries I make in the Search window. HP tech support has spent two hours trying to fix this problem. Short of spending $120 CDN approx to upgrade to the Pro...
  8. Cortana can't connect to the internet

in Cortana
    Cortana can't connect to the internet: if i try to talk to Cortana, it says that it can't connect to the internet...I think the problem occurred because i tried to change Cortana's speech recognition language but now i don't know how to fix that...I've tried reinstalling the English(US) Speech Recognition pack...
  9. Cortana only wants to search bing and "my stuff"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana only wants to search bing and "my stuff": In windows 10 it says I can chat with Cortana and ask it questions and get a personalized response, but this isn't the case for me. It says I can speak aloud or type, but since I've no mic, I choose to type. When I ask it something like "How's the weather" or "How tall is...
  10. Cortana will not connect to the internet.

Cortana will not connect to the internet.: I use Cortana to go to places on the internet and It will not connect to it by voice commands. I can type in what I want and it goes to it. Can anyone tell me why Cortana will not connect to the internet. My default Browser is Google Chrome. Any help would be appreciated....