Windows 10: cortana: can't accept privacy statement

Discus and support cortana: can't accept privacy statement in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello guys, i'm trying to set up cortana but every time i want to set it up it says this: [img] i saw on some video' s that there has to be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by superflixfelix, Jan 15, 2016.

1. cortana: can't accept privacy statement

hello guys,

i'm trying to set up cortana but every time i want to set it up it says this:
    cortana: can't accept privacy statement [​IMG]

i saw on some video' s that there has to be a button called: "i agree" but its not on my computer

plz help me!

:)

superflixfelix, Jan 15, 2016
  2. Cygan213 Win User

Cortana privacy statement

How can I accept Cortana's privacy statement when there's no "yes" or "accept" button?

SHUt your play!

Cygan213, Jan 15, 2016
  3. Cortana privacy statement

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you are using a Microsoft Account.

If you are using a Microsoft Account, suggest you to change it to a Local account and then again back to a Microsoft Account by following the steps below:

1. Navigate to Start>>Settings>>Accounts.

2. In the left pane, click on Your email and accounts.

3. In the right pane, click on Sign in with a Local account instead and follow the prompts.

4. Restart the system and login to the Local account.

5. Follow steps 1 and 2.

6. In the right pane, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead and follow the prompts.

Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 15, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

cortana: can't accept privacy statement

But you do have "No Thanks".

5. yes but if i click that it says: i need your permission before i can help

superflixfelix, Jan 15, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
  7. dalchina New Member
    Hi, see the scaling options in this post:
    Cortana stuck on before we get started, Ill need some info - Microsoft Community

Basically it seems you have to endeavour to shrink the display. What you need is off the available display area. (Not a problem I've had on a 15.6" laptop with no visual adjustments of that sort).

Note that uninstalling Cortana has consequences as per that article (above)
    Caution: Uninstalling Cortana breaks the Windows 10 Start Menu and probably Search so don't use this if you use the native menu. You will not be able to get it working back easily.

WHS is right in principle about Cortana- it's easily offended, broken, rather useless compared to other tools, just a good indicator if sthg isn't right if it's not working...*chuckle

dalchina, Jan 16, 2016
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Yes.. it's integrated into the OS so you really can't uninstall it.

BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. cortana: can't accept privacy statement - Similar Threads - cortana can't accept

2. Just a statement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Just a statement: Dear Microsoft, I can't begin to tell you how much I hate you. You broke my computer with your unchecked updates. Now, I am experiencing a reboot at the choose keyboard page. I HATE YOU. I don't want to create a disk. You should have made sure your stuff works. If I...
  3. Not a question - a statement.

Not a question - a statement.: The system tray icon shows that Windows 10 is connected to my network, but there is no internet connection. On the other hand, I can ping any web site, and Firefox IS connected to the internet, and can browse to all web sites. The upshot is that altho' I can connect to the...
  4. This isn't a question so much a statement: I want Cortana gone!!!!!!!!

in Cortana
    This isn't a question so much a statement: I want Cortana gone!!!!!!!!: Microsoft stop ramming things like Cortana down my throat! I should be able to turn it off if I don't want it. Bring back the basic search tool if that's what it takes but get Cortana off my machine!!!!!! I'm a customer and I don't want it!!!!!!!!!! Why am I required to...
  5. Error of privacy statement

Error of privacy statement: My Pc is blocking on Microsoft privacy statement , which refers my old HP PC. I was trying to accept all the rules/ points many times, but on the next page I get information that : it verificates error , try another time. I was trying to do sth with HP ricovery manager,...
  6. Read Privacy Statement for Windows 10 and Microsoft Services

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Privacy Statement for Windows 10 and Microsoft Services: How to: Read Privacy Statement for Windows 10 and Microsoft Services How to Read Privacy Statement for Windows 10 and Microsoft Services [img] Information The Microsoft privacy statement explains what personal data Microsoft collects from you and how Microsoft uses...
  7. Bank Statements

in Windows 10 Support
    Bank Statements: Hi Just a short question... Is it safe to keep bank statements and other financial info on your pc?? What does the forum think Please..... Sorry if this question is in the wrong place,Feel free to move it. Thanks sjw 52845
  8. Improving the Microsoft Services Agreement and Privacy Statement

in Windows 10 News
    Improving the Microsoft Services Agreement and Privacy Statement: What do Windows, Skype, Xbox Live and OneDrive have in common? One simpler service agreement and privacy statement from Microsoft. In a world of more personalized computing, customers need meaningful transparency and privacy protections. And those aren’t possible unless we...
  9. Your Services Agreement and Privacy Statement made clearer 9/15/2016

in Windows 10 News
    Your Services Agreement and Privacy Statement made clearer 9/15/2016: We are updating the Microsoft Services Agreement, which applies to your use of Microsoft consumer online products and services. We’re making these updates to clarify our terms and ensure that they remain transparent for you, as well as to cover additional Microsoft products,...
  10. Microsoft Services Agreement and Privacy Statement Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Services Agreement and Privacy Statement Update: You’re receiving this email because we are updating the Microsoft Services Agreement, which applies to one or more Microsoft products or services you use. We’re making these updates to clarify our terms and ensure that they remain transparent for you, as well as to cover...