Windows 10: Cortana died, needs resurrection

Discus and support Cortana died, needs resurrection in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some unknown reason Cortana is dead on my computer. Additionally, so is the search box. I'd like to resurrect her, or at least get the search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mr Ed, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Cortana died, needs resurrection

For some unknown reason Cortana is dead on my computer. Additionally, so is the search box. I'd like to resurrect her, or at least get the search function going. I found this on the internet, but don't know where "notebook" is located:

"Enabling Cortana is just as easy as switching her off. Head over to the Cortana home, go to Notebook, and visit Settings. Turn Cortana from Off to On. That’s it! Remember, Cortana will still have all the information she knew about you before being turned off, so you won’t need to do much reprogramming."

Anybody?

Read more: How To Enable And Disable Cortana In Windows 10 | Digital Trends
    Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | DigitalTrends on Facebook

:)

Mr Ed, Dec 19, 2016

2. N8 resurrected

N8 superior build quality saved death by drowning.

Yesterday I washed my n8 on a cycle for 20 mins before realizing! Disaster I thought but quickly dried it off with a hair dryer after removing sim and mem card, then putting on a hot radiator whilst finding my driver to remove battery. A night in the airing
    cupboard and hey pesto booted up fine apart from menu key so soft reset and jobs your uncle fully functional resurrected n8!

I think most phones would have died especially high end smart phones but I believe my n8 survived due to mimosas spirit build quality, which is a good job because losing it would be like having my arm chopped off.

I love my n8 well done nokia!!

TheAndycoydwilson, Dec 19, 2016
  3. cortana For ios and android

Membahas masalah cortana yang ada di ios dan android

kendrisantoso, Dec 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Dec 19, 2016
  5. Mr Ed Win User
    Well, sh'es resurrected now. I simply did a system restore back to Dec 12th. All I did on that date was install an icloud program. Needless to say, I won't be reinstalling it! *Biggrin

Mr Ed, Dec 19, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Glad system restore worked for you. Note- it quite often fails with obscure error messages when trying a restore... do also consider if you don't already use it using disk imaging routinely (e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage for images). Protects everything- allows recovery even if your disk fails.

dalchina, Dec 19, 2016
  7. Mr Ed Win User
    Yes, I'm using Acronis and also have file backups on various media. I'm a little fanatical about it. *chuckle

Mr Ed, Dec 20, 2016
  8. Mr Ed Win User

Last night, I reset my computer (i.e reinstalled W10) since it was doing some other strange things. Perhaps it was virus that slipped by? Don't know. Anyhow, she's running well now. *Wink

Mr Ed, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana died, needs resurrection - Similar Threads - Cortana died needs

2. CSetupPlatform::ResurrectAutomation: Failed to resurrect automation:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CSetupPlatform::ResurrectAutomation: Failed to resurrect automation:...: when ever we try to upgrade windows 10 to 11 its getting rollback to win 10 while checking the log file we noticed the error"CSetupPlatform::ResurrectAutomation: Failed to resurrect automation: 0x80070002[gle=0x00000002]" ,please help us to resolve the issue ASAP.Please find...
  3. Need for the original cortana

in Cortana
    Need for the original cortana: Hi,my name is Piyush and I am a windows 10 user from years, I noticed an issue regarding cortana. Earlier cortana used to do everything and also is very active, but after some updates, I am saw a beta cortana instead of original one. Also the beta cortana sometimes doesn't...
  4. Need help with Cortana

Need help with Cortana: It would appear that some time back I deleted Cortana from my Windows 10. I want to reinstate it, can it be reinstalled? 142040
  5. Need help with Cortana Crash

Need help with Cortana Crash: While Cortana seems to work from the taskbar, when I try to open the app to access settings, the app briefly flashes a purple screen but quickly disappears. running Windows 10 build 18985, release 190913-1426, just updated today....
  6. resurrect microsoft intellimouse 1.1a

in Windows 10 Gaming
    resurrect microsoft intellimouse 1.1a: please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resurrect-microsoft-intellimouse-11a/cd34b40d-ff8a-4de4-8831-84b9930d338a
  7. Cortana Must Die

in Cortana
    Cortana Must Die: I hate Cortana and the fact the Microsoft has done everything it can to prevent us from removing or deactivating it - especially the auto-websearch, which I find extremely intrusive. I am tempted to edit my registry but fear any backlash or mishap as it is not something I am...
  8. Microsoft Hell-Bent on resurrecting Cortana on me, even though I've..?

Microsoft Hell-Bent on resurrecting Cortana on me, even though I've..?: About three times now I have forced deleted Cortana. It seems like with updates, sometimes Cortana is resurrected from the dead and brought back to life like a zombie from a horror movie. Its like dead for a few weeks, then, boom, back to life and there again in my tasks...
  9. Need Help with Cortana

Need Help with Cortana: Hello, I have a question on how to fix this. I have a Logitech Vx Revolution mouse and whenever I move the mouse, left click, or do any activity with it Cortana pops up. I thought maybe it was just the mouse, so I took it and plugged it into my dad's computer but it doesn't...
  10. Need help to disable Cortana

Need help to disable Cortana: I've disabled Cortana in the Group Policy, and restarted the PC, but still Cortana remains. When I used to have it disabled, a search icon appeared. Everything is disabled in the Cortana settings menu. Are there some other settings I should be aware of? [img] [img]...