Windows 10: "Cortana disabled by company policy"

Discus and support "Cortana disabled by company policy" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This suddenly came on my PC, despite it being a home PC that I have full admin over - even MS can't figure it out. Any takers? 42542 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MSR69, Feb 29, 2016.

1. MSR69 Win User

"Cortana disabled by company policy"

This suddenly came on my PC, despite it being a home PC that I have full admin over - even MS can't figure it out. Any takers?

:)

MSR69, Feb 29, 2016

2. Cortana not available

I am getting message in Cortana settings "Cortana is disabled by company policy". This is and always has been a private PC. Any suggestions?

Gary.Schott54, Feb 29, 2016
  3. Cortana-Disabled by Company Policy

Hi, does anyone have info in how to, as an AzureAD administrator, _allow_ Cortana and other things like sync with AzureAD joined PCs? Even a hint to the right forum or keywords would be much appreciated. Bing is only returning results similar to these
    answers pages for me when I search for answers so far.

Karl Fasick, Feb 29, 2016
  4. "Cortana disabled by company policy"

Where did you get your current version of 10 Pro, and who/how was it installed? Sounds like a Group Policy Issue?

alphanumeric, Feb 29, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 29, 2016
  6. MSR69 Win User
    Originally from a beta tester, but it's (cortana) always worked, and W10 has been reinstalled - this just cropped up

MSR69, Feb 29, 2016
  7. Ok, just wanted to make sure it wasn't a second hand (company) PC, bought with 10 Pro preinstalled, or something similar. Try what Brink posted above.

alphanumeric, Feb 29, 2016
  8. "Cortana disabled by company policy"

Enabling the "turn off display of recent search entries in the File Explorer search box" will disable cortana by company policy on my Surface Pro 3

"Cortana disabled by company policy" [​IMG]

theveterans, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

"Cortana disabled by company policy"

1. "Cortana disabled by company policy" - Similar Threads - Cortana disabled company

2. disable Cortana

in Cortana
    disable Cortana: Unless Microsoft can provide the kind of user interface that enables folks to STOP Cortana and STOP updating Defaults, it will be the last time I purchase a system with Windows; I will move to the superior OSes of some version of Linux. You folks should be ashamed and you...
  3. Disable Cortana

in Cortana
    Disable Cortana: Cortana has taken over my laptop and I can not do anything. I need this pathetic product disabled or removed. Please advise how I do this this a Windows 10 Home version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-cortana/a7ec5941-7d8a-4721-a6e6-6edc9aabda4c
  4. disable cortana

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable cortana: how do i completely disable cortana it is impacting gaming performance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-cortana/15b8d1d0-32ed-4a18-891b-86b51d1b151b
  5. disable Cortana

in Cortana
    disable Cortana: How do I disable Cortana in WIndows 10? I don't use it. When I click on "end task" in the task manager, it does NOT stay off. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-cortana/1e6d20dd-06a1-4365-86cb-d11a28c89742
  6. Disable Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Cortana: How do I disable Cortana. I have unchecked everything in settings but the darn thing carries on to interrupt! Win 10 Home version 1903. Simple and detailed instructions please. 161565
  7. disable cortana

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable cortana: how can I disable cortana completely when I play a game it pops up in task manager and takes a little cpu and it hangs my game a little https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-cortana/d7fd4128-6c0d-438c-a556-34ca7b7c38ed
  8. Disabling Cortana

in Cortana
    Disabling Cortana: Until today, my taskbar "search box" did not use Cortana. Sometime today, perhaps following an update, it is using Cortana and I have not been able to figure out how to disable it. . I want the search box which previously was delivering local results. . So I would like to...
  9. Disable Cortana??

Disable Cortana??: How do you disable this?? I used a registry hack but still no good. I want to be able to search without this This is after the new 1607 update. 58467
  10. Cortana is disabled by company policy????

Cortana is disabled by company policy????: This is what greets me when I attempt to wake cortana. Where is the "company policy" set? I checked and did the manual enable of Cortana per one of the tutorials but even though I've done this I still get that "company policy" message. This is my own Windows 10 PRO system and...