Windows 10: Cortana doesn't open up as a domain user (Windows 10 Pro)

Discus and support Cortana doesn't open up as a domain user (Windows 10 Pro) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everybody, I am having problems with Cortana opening up on a domain connected PC, I haven't yet tested this problem out on to multiple domain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Benjamin123, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Cortana doesn't open up as a domain user (Windows 10 Pro)

Hi everybody,

I am having problems with Cortana opening up on a domain connected PC, I haven't yet tested this problem out on to multiple domain accounts but I have tested it on a local account on the computer and it works fine. With the local account on the computer, everything works fine. So, when I open Cortana on the taskbar whilst logging into a domain account - the Cortana bar disappears and reappears after a second.

Not just Cortana I just tested on a domain account, I have tested out the Store app - sometime this crashes and closes just after a minute.

So, what I might be thinking is that the operating system is not supported on to the domain controller (which I am running Windows Server 2012 R2) and not allowing as many features to be used via the policy. In the Server 2012 R2 policy only applies for computers that use Windows 2000 to Windows 8.1 Pro.

Thank your for reading!

Best Regards,
    Ben

:)

Benjamin123, Mar 12, 2016

2. Cortana doesn't open up as a domain user (Windows 10 Pro)

Hi everybody,

I am having problems with Cortana opening up on a domain connected PC, I haven't yet tested this problem out on to multiple domain accounts but I have tested it on a local account on the computer and it
    works fine. With the local account on the computer, everything works fine. So, when I open Cortana on the taskbar whilst logging into a domain account - the Cortana bar disappears and reappears after a second.

Not just Cortana I just tested on a domain account, I have tested out the Store app - sometime this crashes and closes just after a minute.

So, what I might be thinking is that the operating system is not supported on to the domain controller (which I am running Windows Server 2012 R2) and not allowing as many features to be used via the policy.
    In the Server 2012 R2 policy only applies for computers that use Windows 2000 to Windows 8.1 Pro.

Thank your for reading!

Best Regards,

Ben

Benjamin1234, Mar 12, 2016
  3. Group policy "Allow cortana = disabled" not working

Using 10 pro on a domain.

Yesterday my domain admin set "allow Cortana = disabled" in GPO - my client picked it up correctly and Cortana refused to work.

This morning it's working again. The GPO hasn't changed ("Allow Cortana" is still "Disabled") and GPResult shows that setting being implemented... But Cortana's not disabled.

Any ideas?

GaryMuston, Mar 12, 2016
Thema:

Cortana doesn't open up as a domain user (Windows 10 Pro)

1. Cortana doesn't open up as a domain user (Windows 10 Pro) - Similar Threads - Cortana doesn't open

2. upgrade windows 10 pro to windows 11 - domain user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade windows 10 pro to windows 11 - domain user profile: Good morning everyone, I'm trying to upgrade from windows 10 pro to 11 pro. the pc is in domain and is used by users with domain profile but with local profile data the procedure comes to the end and install windows 11 pro. If I log in with users who already had access to the...
  3. upgrade windows 10 pro to windows 11 - domain user profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade windows 10 pro to windows 11 - domain user profile: Good morning everyone, I'm trying to upgrade from windows 10 pro to 11 pro. the pc is in domain and is used by users with domain profile but with local profile data the procedure comes to the end and install windows 11 pro. If I log in with users who already had access to the...
  4. Windows 10 2004 stops users opening Windows Security App for Domain Users

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 2004 stops users opening Windows Security App for Domain Users: New Lenovo laptop upgraded from Windows 10 1909 which had no problems to Windows 10 2004. Windows Security App opens for Administrator accounts but not domain users. The 'infamous' error 'You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender' I have tried lots of fixes, all...
  5. how to create a new user on a domain in windows 10 pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to create a new user on a domain in windows 10 pro: need to install a new user on our domain we are using windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-new-user-on-a-domain-in-windows-10/01f98fc0-6351-40e1-8d06-937b5a10fc2c
  6. User@Domain / Domain\User problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User@Domain / Domain\User problem: So I was checking my Windows 10 computer and saw that there was no domain, it was in a WORKGROUP. I needed to use the format "User@Domain" or "Domain\User" for something, and I do not know what to put. The username is just "User" and there is no password. submitted by...
  7. Cortana doesn't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana doesn't open: I have a computer with Windows 10 recently updated and now Cortana doesn't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-doesnt-open/4fd1f413-5145-48a0-8457-697389e324f3
  8. Adding multiple users on a windows 10 pro via a domain

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding multiple users on a windows 10 pro via a domain: Hi, We are looking to have various windows 10 pro machines shared by various users via a domain. What we want to do is have multiple users accounts on one machine via a domain. So for instance, when you add another local user to the machine via settings>accounts>other...
  9. Domain Users and Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Domain Users and Windows 10: I upgraded from Windows 7 and my account transferred without an issue. My wife's account (who uses the same computer and we switch users) did not. I ended up deleting her account and recreated a new one. She can log in, but the start button and action center do not...
  10. Windows 10 Pro will not see all users on Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro will not see all users on Domain: Hi, Running SBS 2011 with all Window 7 computers except for 2. One was a fresh install of Win10Pro x64 and the other was an upgrade from Win8.1 Both the PC's with Win10 (mine and my bosses) only see the same two users on the network (In this case 'Sally' and 'Michele'....