Windows 10: Cortana for Windows 10 Mobile may not require your location in future

Discus and support Cortana for Windows 10 Mobile may not require your location in future in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Cortana for Windows 10 Mobile may not require your location in future updates Microsoft preparing new change in Redstone update [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Cortana for Windows 10 Mobile may not require your location in future

Cortana for Windows 10 Mobile may not require your location in future updates
    Microsoft preparing new change in Redstone update

Cortana for Windows 10 Mobile may not require your location in future [​IMG]

Read more: http://mspoweruser.com/cortana-windo...uture-updates/

:)

Cluster Head, Apr 19, 2016
  2. 93tid Win User

Hey cortana on Lumia 640 xl

Hey Cortana was never available for the 640XL and will never be available in the future due to lack of required hardware. No software updates can change that.

93tid, Apr 19, 2016
  3. a_Rob_1 Win User
    Location shown in Cortana and Maps may not be accurate

So I got a little tired of dealing with this issue, so I wrote a program this past weekend to work around it.

Basically, it runs first at start-up and then every 15 minutes to stabilize the reporting of the default location. This works great for me - I'm currently running Windows 10 Version 1703.

As I suspect it may be of help to others, I've released it as freeware.

It's called FixMyLocation and can be found at www.rlatour.com/fml/index.html

Hope this will be of help to you.

a_Rob_1, Apr 19, 2016
Thema:

Cortana for Windows 10 Mobile may not require your location in future

1. Cortana for Windows 10 Mobile may not require your location in future - Similar Threads - Cortana Mobile may

2. Saving may windows oem for future use

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving may windows oem for future use: I purchased a laptop with windows 11 with a original own in bios. I need to remove it and change it to Linux for my work. However after three to four years I might use windows again. What I can do to save my windows os....
  3. Saving may windows oem for future use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving may windows oem for future use: I purchased a laptop with windows 11 with a original own in bios. I need to remove it and change it to Linux for my work. However after three to four years I might use windows again. What I can do to save my windows os....
  4. Saving may windows oem for future use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana Location in Windows 10 2004

in Cortana
    Cortana Location in Windows 10 2004: I upgraded to windows 20.04 yesterday. Now Cortana does not know my location anymore and there seems to be no way to change it i.e. Cortana notebook is gone. My actual address is in California but Cortona keeps reporting the time, weather or location as either in Kenosha WI...
  6. The future of gaming across your Xbox console, PC, and mobile devices

in Windows 10 News
    The future of gaming across your Xbox console, PC, and mobile devices: Games are a source of joy, inspiration, and social connection. They have the power to bring us together, create empathy, and strengthen our social fabric. As we prepare for the next generation, our efforts to make gaming more inclusive, more immersive, more connected, and...
  7. Cortana Windows 10 May 2020/2004

in Cortana
    Cortana Windows 10 May 2020/2004: Just upgraded to May 2020 version and now I am getting a Cortana pop up indicating that Cortana is not available in English United Kingdom at this time. This doesn't bother me as I don't use Cortana, but the pop up is annoying. Been into settings and tried to turn off...
  8. Microsoft’s Cortana might respond better to your feelings in future

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Cortana might respond better to your feelings in future: Microsoft insists Cortana for Windows 10 is here to stay and improvements for the digital assistant are planned. Microsoft recently added a new version of Cortana to the Microsoft Store and a new patent from the Redmond giant has revealed that Cortana might get better at...
  9. Cortana's Location

in Cortana
    Cortana's Location: I live in NE PA and Cortana gives me weather and movies for places in MD. How is that useful for me. A user should opt for inserting a current Zip code or location for this information otherwise you have written a useless software for a user!!...
  10. Cortana and Future?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and Future?: recently I read more about Cortana in random websites and according to them she is still in beta phase /alpha phase in certain regions and it's still not available for most of regions, Cortana analyzes the way we type, our voices and the data in our PC and sends them to...