Windows 10: Cortana frequently fails to open

Discus and support Cortana frequently fails to open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This can always be fixed by a Reset but it's getting a bit annoying. It will be working fine but then I'll click the 'Ask me anything' icon next to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Terrypin, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Terrypin Win User

Cortana frequently fails to open

This can always be fixed by a Reset but it's getting a bit annoying. It will be working fine but then I'll click the 'Ask me anything' icon next to the Start button - and nothing will happen. No dilaog pops up. I've not found a definite link with a previous action.

Anyone else seeing similar behaviour, or think of a likely cause please?

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

Terrypin, Jul 18, 2016

2. Windows 10 fails to populate the toolbar and start-up does not work

The tool bar across the bottom of the screen fails to populate. The start menu is dead. The problem before this was that the OS was stuck in a restart look. Cortana is frequently dead. It seem as though there is a problem every week. This is killing my
    productivity. How can I fix this...permanently?

RalphBenson, Jul 18, 2016
  3. Cortana bug - stops listening after volume pressed

I frequently have my phone essentially muted. When Cortana opens, if I press the volume button (so that I'll be able to hear things), Cortana no longer "listens". It will prompt "listening", however does not seem to hear anything, and will end after
    a few seconds with an audible sound.

Twin Towers Design LLC - Steve, Jul 18, 2016
Thema:

Cortana frequently fails to open

1. Cortana frequently fails to open - Similar Threads - Cortana frequently fails

2. Cortana not opening apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not opening apps: I can't open apps like chrome or anything using cortana ,it says ' I'm sorry, but I can't help with that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-opening-apps/6d34046b-8832-45a4-84ba-24774b350b37
  3. Cortana is not opening apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana is not opening apps: Cortana in my new laptop with windows 11 OS is not opening any apps. Cortana is providing internet search results though. can someone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-not-opening-apps/4073f16f-9cc0-438b-9ddd-744833ecef0e
  4. Cortana is not opening apps

Cortana is not opening apps: Cortana in my new laptop with windows 11 OS is not opening any apps. Cortana is providing internet search results though. can someone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-not-opening-apps/4073f16f-9cc0-438b-9ddd-744833ecef0e
  5. cortana not opening apps

in Cortana
    cortana not opening apps: I am not able to open apps using cortana. It is showing - "sorry, I am not equipped to do that" . May be some settings error, but till now I am not able to find any source to rectify this problem. No clarity is there ,,,how to solve this problem....
  6. Cortana is not opening Apps

Cortana is not opening Apps: Please Resolve This PRoblem [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-not-opening-apps/4efbaf7d-c7aa-4ce0-aec2-fce7a4a69f55
  7. Hey Cortana not opening

in Cortana
    Hey Cortana not opening: Cortana recognises my voice perfectly when I click on it, I've run troubleshoot[IMG]ed the microphone nothing is wrong all other programs recognise it fine. But when I say hey Cortana the task bar shifts slightly as it recognises the prompt but it doesn't come up GIF shows...
  8. cortana opening apps

in Cortana
    cortana opening apps: When I ask cortana to open up Netflix or spotify, or any app, it says: okay, opening 'that app' but next she doesn't open that app but opens settings for me: Language & time. All my language options are for united states, but only my time is from the time zone of paris. I...
  9. Cortana will not open a browser.

in Cortana
    Cortana will not open a browser.: I have three Windows 10 computers. All have Firefox as the default browser. First, I understand that Cortana will always use Edge as its default browser. I am ok with that. When I type a question into Cortana on one of my machines (an MS Surface Pro 4), Cortana shows...
  10. Cortana opening websites

Cortana opening websites: On the other account on my PC if i type something like golf.com it will open directly to it, but on my account it brings me to a bing web search. How do i get it to open directly to the website? 10352