Windows 10: Cortana from lock screen stays on screen after computer is unlocked

Discus and support Cortana from lock screen stays on screen after computer is unlocked in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever my laptop wakes up from sleep and shows the lock screen, I click and type in my PIN as normal. But on the lock screen at the top right,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dezza, Oct 23, 2016.

1. dezza Win User

Cortana from lock screen stays on screen after computer is unlocked

Whenever my laptop wakes up from sleep and shows the lock screen, I click and type in my PIN as normal. But on the lock screen at the top right, there's a Cortana box usually giving an example of what I can do, like 'tap and say remind me to water the plants when I get home'.

The problem is this box stays on the screen after the computer is unlocked, and displays semi-transparently in the top left over all other windows, with the only way to remove it is to double click, have a Cortana window display full screen and then close it.

I'd like to find a way of either fixing this or disabling Cortana from the lock screen altogether as I never use this feature. Any tips would be appreciated.

:)

dezza, Oct 23, 2016

2. My lock screen is black!

I am using the anniversary update of windows 10, therefore the sign in screen is also having the lock screen wallpaper. whenever I turn off my laptop or resume my PC from sleep, the lock screen appears black but the sign in screen(screen in which we type
    our pin or password to unlock PC ) has the wallpaper.

I think this is due to enabling Cortana on lock screen, as this started happening after I enabled it(Cortana on lock screen). After this problem I even disabled Cortana on locks creen, but nothing happened.

Please Help!

Utkarsh Kishore Ranjan, Oct 23, 2016
  3. N700 screen auto lock

Hi

Any N700 user getting due to the screen auto lock (stayed unlocked for a max of 5 mins) when there's a button at the side just for screen lock ? You have to alway press the menu key to unlock whenever there's a message comes in after the 5 mins

Is there any program to disable the screen lock & just have the screen saver "on" ?

Thanks

monicaxx23, Oct 23, 2016
Thema:

Cortana from lock screen stays on screen after computer is unlocked

1. Cortana from lock screen stays on screen after computer is unlocked - Similar Threads - Cortana lock screen

2. Cannot unlock lock screen on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot unlock lock screen on laptop: Microsoft11Lock Screen cannot be opened … pin reset button not working.. and it’s asking for a password with hint angel and I don’t recall this information. Need to reset pin and password to open Lock Screen....
  3. Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen: Hi,For some reason, I cannot enable Cortana to respond to "Cortana" or "Hey Cortana" when I have my Windows 10 computers locked. I have tried this on three separate windows 10 computers running 21H2 one Windows 10 Home with 16GB/i7 and the other two Windows 10 Pro...one...
  4. Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen

in Cortana
    Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen: Hi,For some reason, I cannot enable Cortana to respond to "Cortana" or "Hey Cortana" when I have my Windows 10 computers locked. I have tried this on three separate windows 10 computers running 21H2 one Windows 10 Home with 16GB/i7 and the other two Windows 10 Pro...one...
  5. Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Cortana an Lock Screen...

in Cortana
    Cortana an Lock Screen...: Hi There, Cortana an Lock Screen is not working on Lock screen I enabled all setting. Fix me Out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-an-lock-screen/35e5da46-6dd2-4deb-b5a8-6c9bc5e3d826
  7. screen lock unlocking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen lock unlocking: hi there i was wondering if anyone could help me unlock a oppo a73 screen lock please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-lock-unlocking/cebbeb6c-5f9b-41f6-b426-22b8cc497235
  8. Cortana lock screen problem

in Cortana
    Cortana lock screen problem: Hi suddenly from today when I turned on my pc , Cortana lock screen has disappeared . Instead of Cortana icon , exactly in the same place , now is displayed this messagewith the "networkglobal" icon in the left : Download the new browser recommend by Microsoft...
  9. Lock and unlock screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Lock and unlock screen: What is the real purpose of locking and unlocking the screen different also metro more difficult to get around? Awesome the person before me wanted to know back grammar correction spelling tell him to go to Grammarly: Free Writing Assistant https://www.grammarly.com...
  10. Cortana Stopped working from Lock Screen

in Cortana
    Cortana Stopped working from Lock Screen: Cortana stopped working from the lock screen and even a PC reset did not fix it. It use to work but now when as to tell me the time say "I would like to help but first you must unlock your PC" My setting are correct:...