Windows 10: Cortana glitch?

Discus and support Cortana glitch? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm not a real user of cortana but I've noticed a quirk on my PC. Basically if you use her to search ( immediately after login ) for internet pages and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Scottyboy99, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Cortana glitch?

I'm not a real user of cortana but I've noticed a quirk on my PC. Basically if you use her to search ( immediately after login ) for internet pages and click on one of her results edge opens the page fine. However if I logged in and opened up edge directly, done some surfing then shut edge, then use cortana for a search and click on suggested page then edge fails to launch. Subsequently any attempt to launch edge directly also fail to launch. I can fix easily by killing edge in task manager allowing me to launch edge just fine from anything other than cortana. If I try to use her again in this way edge will fail to launch and it will prevent edge launching in anyway unless I kill the edge process again. So basically cortana browser launch gets broken by having used edge prior and it will break edge fully trying to use it. The only way cortana can be used in this way again is to restart the PC and not launch edge directly at all. Hard to explain but hope you get the idea.

i tested this on multiple user accounts on same PC and get same results. It's worth noting that all other cortana functionality is fine. I haven't tested extensively but she retrieves information and obediently launches apps.

cheers, Wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Jan 23, 2016

2. "Stopcode -- WHEA uncorrectabel Error"

I no longer have this problem. However, when I do the update it renders my graphics card useless so now I boot from my floppy drive and don't update at all.

PMS CORTANA, Jan 23, 2016
  3. 1709 Bluescreens & video problems

I was just letting the process work itself out as reinstall/recovery didn't help and eventually it would let me sign in. A few days ago while I was typing away, my screen had a mind of its' own and just went extra wide screen and removed my dual screen
    ability. Now my videos don't play in FB and can't get out of this widescreen. I've again tried Recovery to no avail. There have been several updates since the blue screen error. I went out and looked at my devices and now it must has Basic Display Driver instead
    of the Dell driver that was there before. It no longer recognizes it. I have done recovery and it worked for a few minutes but again reverts back to this Basic Driver. How can it do this? I also no longer have a Sleep function on my shutdown menu, just Restart
    or Shut Down. I have done Reset already and had to reinstall several of my apps. This continues to get worse. Everything else is working fine. I have no other screen issues.

PMS CORTANA, Jan 23, 2016
  4. Cortana glitch?

I've changed the default browser to Firefox to avert this problem. Cortana searches seem to work perfectly with Firefox without side effects. And this way edge never gets crippled. Would still be very interested if others noticed this glitch or wherever it's specific to my PC. I guess given edge not bring hugely popular many people will be using different default browsers. Wonder why I didn't do this sooner

Scottyboy99, Jan 23, 2016
Thema:

Cortana glitch?

1. Cortana glitch? - Similar Threads - Cortana glitch

2. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  3. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  4. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. End of support for Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    End of support for Cortana: While the decision to phase out Cortana may have disappointed some users, it's important to recognize that Microsoft is continually evolving its products to meet the changing needs of its customers. Here are some reasons why bringing back Cortana might still be...
  6. Cortana Search Bar Glitches

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Glitches: Tried running all the troubleshooters for my Microsoft surface pro 6, all are up to date and were unable to fix this glitch. This has been bothering me very much for the past couple of days....
  7. Cortana Glitching

in Cortana
    Cortana Glitching: Hey, so whenever I open up the Cortana task and search bar (which is located right next to the start icon), it gets glitchy. I have already tried the Microsoft Powershell method but it doesn't get rid of the issue. If you have any tricks, please let me know. Thanks....
  8. Cortana Search Bar Sometimes Glitches

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Sometimes Glitches: Sometimes, when I'm on my computer, and I want to search up something with the search box, and I click on the Cortana icon, the search menu suddenly closes and I can't open it: when I try, it just closes the menu after half of a second. It's pretty easy to solve this issue, I...
  9. Cortana Search bar glitch?

in Cortana
    Cortana Search bar glitch?: So I tried to fix the problem by restarting cortana- nothing. It happens everytime I try to look something on the search bar or use the home button. Its annoying and I really don't know what's happening or what to do.[ATTACH]...
  10. Odd New Cortana/SearchUI Glitch? Delayed Open of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd New Cortana/SearchUI Glitch? Delayed Open of Start Menu?: I started getting these odd delays. Cortana's button would no longer open her. when I pressed the windows key or pressed the start menu, it took about 2 seconds to pop up... Very odd, my PC has an i7 4790k, and 8gb of RAM, and an r9 290 in it all on an SSD with plenty of...