Windows 10: cortana help

Discus and support cortana help in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; can you get cortana to search for files, open applications and shut down or restart the computer? if so what are the commands for these actions? 4294 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jamos316, Feb 21, 2015.

1. jamos316 Win User

cortana help

can you get cortana to search for files, open applications and shut down or restart the computer? if so what are the commands for these actions?

:)

jamos316, Feb 21, 2015
  2. farby Win User

Cortana Help

Hi
    AllSheWrote

Just ask her 'Who am I ?'

..or, Say 'Thank you' after a search and see ..

May be she will speak your name more often with WP10

farby, Feb 21, 2015
  3. Cortana Help

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To turn Cortana off, go to Cortana > Notebook > Settings, and then turn the
    Cortana setting off. When you turn Cortana off on a device, she won’t give you suggestions, reminders, alerts, or ideas when you’re using that device.

Turning off Cortana clears the interests and information on your device, but won’t clear the information that’s saved on the Notebook or in the Bing.com dashboard.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 21, 2015
  4. Winuser Win User

cortana help

Cortana is still limited in what it can do in Windows 10. I'm hoping to see more features added in the next build.

Winuser, Feb 21, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I hope so as well and that we see more over the next builds before the RTM.

BunnyJ, Feb 21, 2015
  6. caperjack Win User
    it may not be available in Sweden yet ,I know its not available /working in Canada yet ,so its possible its not in Sweden yet

edit, it looks like it not available for you yet .
    Enable Cortana in Sweden â

caperjack, Feb 21, 2015
  7. Hi

I use Cortana for web searches, that works pretty well, my favorite is saying "Hey Cortana, Play my Music".
    I can do that from the other side of the room which is pretty neat.

I created a playlist with 10 hours of music and she starts and plays them randomly so I never know what I'm going to get.

I would like to use her to send emails, but when I ask her she says "Sorry I can't find any email accounts." and I don't know how to show here where they are at.

I even setup the Mail app with my main account thinking that she might see that but no luck.

But I'm hoping that she will be able to do all this things in the future.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Feb 21, 2015
  8. Winuser Win User

cortana help

It's very rare that I can get Cortana to activate by voice command. If I click the mike icon it has no problem hearing me. I hope this gets fixed in the next build.

Winuser, Feb 21, 2015
  9. click settings and search for search in the search box (I know its silly) and then click Cortana & search settings then enable "Hey Cortana"

multimedia, Aug 3, 2015
  10. The 'hey Cortana' feature is still not working after the computer's been idle for awhile or locked and unlocked. I hope they get this fixed soon. You can re-enable it by turning the 'hey cortana' feature off and on. I don't know how many are affected by this though.

monty22001, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

cortana help

1. cortana help - Similar Threads - cortana help

2. cortana is not available in my region my pc says. please help

in Cortana
    cortana is not available in my region my pc says. please help: please help my pc says cortana is not available in my region. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-not-available-in-my-region-my-pc-says/12b8e4a0-f8a3-4e6a-a6bc-67e77632a32f
  3. cortana is not available in my region my pc says. please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cortana is not available in my region my pc says. please help: please help my pc says cortana is not available in my region. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-not-available-in-my-region-my-pc-says/12b8e4a0-f8a3-4e6a-a6bc-67e77632a32f
  4. cortana is not available in my region my pc says. please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i need help i cant open the windows menu or the Cortana search menu or the time sound or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help i cant open the windows menu or the Cortana search menu or the time sound or...: I try hitting the windows button or anything like that it does not work and this is really annoying because i have to open apps using windows + r to open files but its hard to find files sometime if someone has a fix that would be nice....
  6. i need help i cant open the windows menu or the Cortana search menu or the time sound or...

i need help i cant open the windows menu or the Cortana search menu or the time sound or...: I try hitting the windows button or anything like that it does not work and this is really annoying because i have to open apps using windows + r to open files but its hard to find files sometime if someone has a fix that would be nice....
  7. i need help i cant open the windows menu or the Cortana search menu or the time sound or...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Cortana replies "Sorry, I can't help with that." to everything in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana replies "Sorry, I can't help with that." to everything in Windows 11: I setup Cortana recently on my new Windows 11, and it responds "Sorry, I can't help with that." to every task. Be it making a new list, accessing my calendar, or even turning up the volume. It will do simple tasks like tell me a joke, but that's pretty useless.I have done...
  9. Cortana replies "Sorry, I can't help with that." to everything in Windows 11

Cortana replies "Sorry, I can't help with that." to everything in Windows 11: I setup Cortana recently on my new Windows 11, and it responds "Sorry, I can't help with that." to every task. Be it making a new list, accessing my calendar, or even turning up the volume. It will do simple tasks like tell me a joke, but that's pretty useless.I have done...
  10. No voice activation setting for Cortana. Need help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No voice activation setting for Cortana. Need help!: I’m trying to enable voice activation for Cortana but when I go into settings the option for Cortana isn’t there submitted by /u/DueOscar1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uqxheu/no_voice_activation_setting_for_cortana_need_help/