Windows 10: Cortana identifies music... but.. does this work for you?

Discus and support Cortana identifies music... but.. does this work for you? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, if I launch Cortana (Windows key + S), click the music icon top right, and play something, Cortana 'listens' and may identify and find it. Great.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dalchina, Sep 2, 2016.

1. dalchina New Member

Cortana identifies music... but.. does this work for you?

Hi, if I launch Cortana (Windows key + S), click the music icon top right, and play something, Cortana 'listens' and may identify and find it. Great.

However, here's an example: I played Concerto no. 4 in A major - 1. Allegro by Albinoni.

Cortana identified it, and I clicked on the title/text displayed (there was also a greyed out headphone symbol).

This took me to the Store, which displayed this:

Cortana identifies music... but..  does this work for you? [​IMG]

Oh. Shame.

Now neither the text in Cortana nor that shown in Store can be selected and copied. Which is a shame if you want to use the information found. So I used Abbyy's screenshot reader to pick out
    albinoni: concerto a 5
    and searched for that in the Store. Then the Store search found it. (Of course this is another ploy by MS to earn revenue..)

The identification is good, the inability to copy the text isn't, and the lack of integration between the Store and Cortana seems poor.

However, everything worked perfectly for a Chinese pop song by Wang Fei.

So I'm curious.. is your experience better?

:)

dalchina, Sep 2, 2016
  2. Drazz Win User

Cortana - Music Icon Missing Version 1709

and Cortana does not recognise any music I can send two screenshots showing the message I get when asking Cortana to identify and the contents of the Cortana notebook .. everything was fine before this update

Drazz, Sep 2, 2016
  3. Cortana not working - Windows 10

Nothing about Cortana is working here, Like id-ing music (songs): '
    Cortana has this built-in
    on Windows 10, too. Open Cortana (or say “Hey Cortana”) and say “What is this song?” or something similar to activate this feature. Cortana will listen for music using your device’s microphone and identify it for you. '

I haven't able to activate (if thats the word to use) Cortana to do anything. Can this app really do useful things? If not, can it be removed to save SSD space? I installed on release date (July 29, 2015) and again Cortana does what?

Thank you,

Stephen

Salem, Oregon USA

stevecramer2, Sep 2, 2016
Thema:

Cortana identifies music... but.. does this work for you?

1. Cortana identifies music... but.. does this work for you? - Similar Threads - Cortana identifies music

2. Cortana does not work

in Cortana
    Cortana does not work: Cortana does not work in Windows 10 Pro: "Cortana is unavailable in the region and language you've selected". My region is set as " United States" and my language is set to English United States. For some reason I cannot turn it on. I even logged in with a Microsoft account...
  3. Cortana does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana does not work: Cortana does not work in Windows 10 Pro: "Cortana is unavailable in the region and language you've selected". My region is set as " United States" and my language is set to English United States. For some reason I cannot turn it on. I even logged in with a Microsoft account...
  4. Cortana does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana can not identify music , windows 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana can not identify music , windows 2004: hey I'm trying to connect my music service with Cortana but it appears that the notebook is disappeared from windows version 2004 ! and now every time I ask Cortana to identify the song she replies with > I'm sorry, I can't control your music here. any fix to this, please?...
  6. identify music

identify music: After a property has been removed identify music from cortana is there any way to identify music apps like shazam and where is shazam and why it is deleted from microsoft store...
  7. Cortana Music

in Cortana
    Cortana Music: Hey all, How do I get Cortana to play music stored locally on my PC? My google-fu has failed me after several hours of looking. I do NOT want to use Iheart radio, spotify or any of that nonsense. Just play what I already have, whether its with groove, media player,...
  8. Cortana Music

in Cortana
    Cortana Music: Hey all, How do I get Cortana to play music stored locally on my PC? My google-fu has failed me after several hours of looking. I do NOT want to use Iheart radio, spotify or any of that nonsense. Just play what I already have, whether its with groove, media player,...
  9. Cortana does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana does not work: why cortana does not work on my laptop with windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-does-not-work/55535354-5b52-439e-bdac-83aa6624b07c
  10. View Poll Results: Does 'hey Cortana' work for you?

View Poll Results: Does 'hey Cortana' work for you?: I have turned on the slider to activate Cortana to respond to my " Hey, Cortana" but unless I click on the microphone icon she doesn't hear me? I don't think it's a mic problem since t works fine with Cortana otherwise. I've tried other people's suggestions without any...