Windows 10: Cortana in Canada

Discus and support Cortana in Canada in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am in New Brunswick Canada. build 9926. I really wanted to try the Cortana feature, just wondering if this is not available in Canada? 4357 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LegacyOfWax, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Cortana in Canada

I am in New Brunswick Canada.

build 9926.

I really wanted to try the Cortana feature, just wondering if this is not available in Canada?

:)

LegacyOfWax, Feb 24, 2015
  2. taj1994 Win User

Why isn't Cortana available in Canada for windows 10?

That's because Cortana finally came to Canada this month

taj1994, Feb 24, 2015
  3. Cortana in Canada missing interests

I live in Canada and have recently received the 1511 update that gives me Cortana in Canada. I was previously using the US Cortana. I have converted all the region, language and speech settings to English Canada. Cortana is working. When I select the
    notebook to add interests, Sports is missing. I was previously able to select my favourite sports teams so that Cortana would give me their upcoming games and scores of games played. Sports is not there. Is there are a way to get that option for Cortana
    for Canada??

David.

DavidMaynard67, Feb 24, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Cortana in Canada

Hey there, welcome to TenForums! *Smile

A new build is expected to roll out any day now, and hopefully Cortana may work a little better in countries, other than the US, than 'She' does on Build 9926 at the moment.
    There's a whole bunch of stuff you can do to get it working, but maybe just hang on for a couple days.
    Keep your eyes and ears peeled! *Smile

Edwin, Feb 24, 2015
  5. Vladimir Win User
    Welcome LegacyOfWax !

I'm in Brazil and no Cortana for us by now... Don't know about Canada.

To enable it go to Settings/System

Cortana in Canada [​IMG]

*Sad

Vladimir, Feb 24, 2015
  6. Yeah I think I will just have to wait. I found a few other posts about how to get cortana to work but none seem to work. All said pretty much the same thing. Change your keyboard/language settings to English US.

Oh well I will wait till then, Thanks

LegacyOfWax, Feb 25, 2015
  7. I tried the option "customize cortana &search settings", but all options give are all grayed out. I can not do anything with it. I tried the keyboard/language settings as well to US which is what other forum posts said to do to get it to work. But nothing... Oh well as Edwin said before just wait, no problem waiting.

Thanks Vladimir!

WAX

8. badrobot Win User

Cortana in Canada

I am in Canada too. All you need to do is change your region to US. Whenever I install Win 10, I always choose US on region settings to unlock as much functionalities as possible. But you are not missing a lot. I now have it disabled and hidden.

badrobot, Feb 25, 2015
  9. So I uninstalled W 10 and set the settings to US. Cortana was turned on, it asked me to sign into my Microsoft account. I signed in it asked me a few questions then stopped working. I believe that has to do with my Microsoft settings and how they are set for Canada, which must have changed my other settings in W10 that turned Cortana off again. saying "Cortana is not available in your market"
    So I guess back to waiting till it is actually available in Canada. Just thought I would update let anyone know who was interested.

Thanks

WAX

10. Vladimir Win User
    Same here !

*Sad

Vladimir, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cortana in Canada

1. Cortana in Canada - Similar Threads - Cortana Canada

2. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  3. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  4. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. End of support for Cortana

in Windows 10 Gaming
    End of support for Cortana: While the decision to phase out Cortana may have disappointed some users, it's important to recognize that Microsoft is continually evolving its products to meet the changing needs of its customers. Here are some reasons why bringing back Cortana might still be...
  6. End of support for Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    End of support for Cortana: While the decision to phase out Cortana may have disappointed some users, it's important to recognize that Microsoft is continually evolving its products to meet the changing needs of its customers. Here are some reasons why bringing back Cortana might still be...
  7. Cannot use cortana in Canada.

in Cortana
    Cannot use cortana in Canada.: So I just got my new computer and set it up. The Cortana shows "Sorry, but Cortana is not available in English Canada at this time". My computer currently runs OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 "Windows display language"...
  8. I can't use cortana even though my region is in Canada.

in Cortana
    I can't use cortana even though my region is in Canada.: I currently live in Canada and am supposed to be able to use Cortana. I even went on region settings and everything was Canadian except for a few small things like my keyboard which was set to American. I even tried changing my region to America and my language to American...
  9. Cortana in Canada

in Cortana
    Cortana in Canada: When will Cortana (English) be available in Canada? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-in-canada/b9373591-ed96-46f8-ab90-a8f186df03e3"
  10. Canada Windows 10 Cortana Update- Install keeps going back to setting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Canada Windows 10 Cortana Update- Install keeps going back to setting: Good morning - I recently installed the Canada Windows 10 Cortana update...At the lower left of the screen is the standard "I'm Cortana. Ask me Anything" but when I click on it, I get taken back to "Welcome back...lets pickup where you left off' and it seems to want to play...