Windows 10: Cortana isn't working

Discus and support Cortana isn't working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, Unfortunately I don't live in the US, so I set all regional/language settings (even the time zone) to United States and English but Cortana... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BicycleRow, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Cortana isn't working

Hey,

Unfortunately I don't live in the US, so I set all regional/language settings (even the time zone) to United States and English but Cortana still isn't working. When I go in the settings, it just shows this:

Cortana isn't working [​IMG]

Can I somehow fix this?

:)

BicycleRow, Sep 1, 2016

2. Cortana Isn't working.

I have done the steps provided by CMartell, but the issue hasn't been resolved!

Nandu Surendran, Sep 1, 2016
  3. Maiceeyah Win User
    Cortana isn't working

Hello, I checked the details. And Cortana isn't working still. Remind you: that I got 3 accounts in 1 computer, 1 cortana is working the other 2 isnt.

Maiceeyah, Sep 1, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Cortana isn't working

I think you have a mismatch between language settings having made the change in display language. If you change your display language, you also have to make sure other settings such as the speech language are consistent with your display language. This can be tricky.

If your language /region/ settings don't align, you will get a strange message if you try to search Settings - sthg like 'Search results aren't quite ready yet....' even though indexing is complete.

MS could have done much better by making this wizard-based.

dalchina, Sep 2, 2016
Thema:

Cortana isn't working

1. Cortana isn't working - Similar Threads - Cortana isn't working

2. Cortana isn't available with this account

in Cortana
    Cortana isn't available with this account: I recently updated to the 2004 build and signed into Cortana with my personal account and I am getting a message saying Cortana isn't available with this account. Its always worked in the past. I am also located in Canada if that would change things. Any help is greatly...
  3. My Search or Cortana isn't Working

in Cortana
    My Search or Cortana isn't Working: Greetings friends, Can you help me with this problem or guide me to what i need to do, because i have searched all over the internet and can't seem to find solution through it. Thanks in advance!...
  4. Critical Error - Start Menu isn't working, Cortana not installed

in Cortana
    Critical Error - Start Menu isn't working, Cortana not installed: Recently a few domain joined PCs updated from 1909 to the May 2020 Update 2004, and now two users with roaming profiles have an issue, that after signing in and trying to open the Start Menu, they get an error message about a "Critical Error. Your Start menu isn't working....
  5. cortana isn't responding

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cortana isn't responding: Hello Recently Cortana was working just fine then yesterday i was trying to to make it shutdown my laptop but it heard me kept loading and did nothing. And when i opened the task manger i found that it's suspended i don't know how or why!!! I have tried reinstalling it...
  6. Cortana isn't responding to routine questions.

in Cortana
    Cortana isn't responding to routine questions.: Ever since latest update Cortana will open apps but won't respond to questions like "What's the weather". Response from Cortana is "I didn't catch that". According to Microsoft Chat agent it will be fixed in about a week. That is unacceptable. I will be switching to Google or...
  7. keyboard isn't working for games/apps and cortana search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard isn't working for games/apps and cortana search bar: for a while I've been having this problem where I can't type in the cortana search bar, which wasn't a big deal at first I just ignored it and found other ways to search, but this got really annoying when I couldn't sign into my microsoft account because I couldn't type in my...
  8. Cortana isn't speaking to me.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana isn't speaking to me.: Cortana functions in all aspects except for speech. I can see the circle pulsating, indicating she is responding but I can't hear her voice. My speakers work just fine in all other areas of the computer. Thank you for any help you can send my way. 6031
  9. Cortana Isn't Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Isn't Working: Neither the microphone nor the "Ask me anything" search bar work. Yesterday I was infected by the Palikan virus, but have successfully (after five or six frustrating hours) removed it thanks to Malwarebytes and a follow-on program I downloaded and installed this evening,...
  10. Animations on taskbar aren't working and cortana isn't showing apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Animations on taskbar aren't working and cortana isn't showing apps: Didn't know where to write so I will do it here. Recently I have bought myself a new HDD so i installed a fresh copy of Windows 10. The problems that I have is that the thumbnail preview animations on taskbar aren't working at all, the thumbnail preview stays frozen while...