Windows 10: Cortana Listening Mode not working after Anniversary Update

Discus and support Cortana Listening Mode not working after Anniversary Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I recently got the anniversary update and notice that now Win-C no longer opens Cortana in listening mode. Does anyone else notice this? Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by chrispt, Aug 8, 2016.

1. chrispt Win User

Cortana Listening Mode not working after Anniversary Update

So I recently got the anniversary update and notice that now Win-C no longer opens Cortana in listening mode. Does anyone else notice this? Is there a way to get it back?

Thanks!

:)

chrispt, Aug 8, 2016
  2. Artie-1 Win User

CORTANA IN LISTEN MODE

I upgraded to Win 10 Professional (8/1015), and Cortana does not work in "listen" mode. Additionally my system hung and I had to reboot shortly after turning on the listen mode. Not totally sure it was Cortana but noted very slow response from other apps
    with "listen" turn on. Turning on the above Gpedit.msc keeps things running well, but "listen" mode still does not work.

Artie-1, Aug 8, 2016
  3. Cortana does not respond me after anniversary update

Ohhh, what happen to the Cortana, it not listen to me in anniversary update and also same situation after creature's update. first time it works fine, but after any update (either windows or realtek sound card) it didn't respond me. No changes in situation.

If anybody can give there valuable solution now !!!

Anil KumarChaturvedi, Aug 8, 2016
  4. Cortana Listening Mode not working after Anniversary Update

paulsalter, Aug 8, 2016
  5. chrispt Win User
    Excellent! Thanks for the quickly reply. I wonder why they added the Shift key to the sequence?

chrispt, Aug 8, 2016
  6. Good to hear that worked for you *Smile

I think i read somewhere that it stops people accidentally turning this on, i prefered the old 2 key method to using 3 keys

paulsalter, Aug 8, 2016
  7. nve09 Win User
    I had to create an account just to thank you. I can't believe Microsoft tech wasted 2.5 hrs of our time in trying to fix this when it's simply just a matter of change in keyboard shortcuts *Rolleyes thank you again!! *Smile

nve09, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cortana Listening Mode not working after Anniversary Update

1. Cortana Listening Mode not working after Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Cortana Listening Mode

2. Cortana randomly starts listening

in Cortana
    Cortana randomly starts listening: So I have a Windows 10 HP laptop with an integrated microphone and camera. I will frequently leave my laptop open with the screen on so I can quickly reply to messages. Well my laptop is in this state Cortana will randomly activate and listen for maybe a second or two before...
  3. Unable to make Cortana listen to my voice and unable to make Cortana listen to “Hey Cortana”

in Cortana
    Unable to make Cortana listen to my voice and unable to make Cortana listen to “Hey Cortana”: Hello community, I am having trouble with Cortana on my laptop because it doesn’t let me use my voice to control Cortana. I have been trying my best with Cortana’s settings and it says to adjist cloud settings. Please help me....
  4. Cortana stops listening

in Cortana
    Cortana stops listening: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows 10 64 bit. All Windows updates are in place. Problem is that Cortana stops listening after a fraction of a second and says that she did not hear anything. Microphone works OK with Zoom and other programs. Regards, Barry...
  5. Cortana Not Listening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana Not Listening: [ATTACH] So all of a sudden, Cortana can't wake up when I say "Cortana" went to check it out, and this popped up. I've tried all Diagnostics, they just keep loading.... pls help. Oh, and my laptops microphone array works just fine when I click to open Cortana and click the...
  6. Cortana Hangs While Listening

in Cortana
    Cortana Hangs While Listening: [ATTACH] Cortana simply hangs when in this screen (when it is supposed to listen to me). This screen can be opened by clicking the Cortana icon on the taskbar or by saying 'Hey Cortana'. Cortana is not able to listen to anything I say. This screen simply closes after being...
  7. Cortana News Post Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana News Post Anniversary Update: Hi guys. Just wondering here if this is a known issue. Does Cortana not show news items anymore when you click on the Ask Me Anything tab? It did pre anniversary update but it does not now. My region/location is all UK. Many thanks 59356
  8. Cortana Problems with Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cortana Problems with Anniversary Update: After making the Anniversary Update I found that activation of the Cortana function on my lock screen did not occur per the change video and on my regular home page when I addressed Cortana with "Hey Cortana" the following quote came up on the Cortana screen "create a to-do...
  9. Codecs no longer working after Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Codecs no longer working after Anniversary update: Since the Anniversary update, I cannot play MKVs, MP4s and AVIs. I even installed the latest K-lite & CCCP after this. When I use WMP to play an MP4 for example, the program crashes. VLC plays AVI and MP4, but without sound. Do you have suggestions what I have to configure...
  10. Cortana Missing and Search Windows not working after Anniversary Updat

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Missing and Search Windows not working after Anniversary Updat: Hello, Title says it all. I can't use the search functionality and Cortana is missing. Is there a way to reinstall it? 66038