Windows 10: Cortana Live Tile Not Working

Discus and support Cortana Live Tile Not Working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all. Just a small annoyance really. The Cortana live tile is not working all the time for me. When I open Cortana I can see my specified news cards... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AntJac, Aug 27, 2016.

1. AntJac Win User

Cortana Live Tile Not Working

Hi all. Just a small annoyance really. The Cortana live tile is not working all the time for me. When I open Cortana I can see my specified news cards etc however it won't live update new news etc on the live tile.

Sometimes I will see for instance "BBC -5 minutes ago" on the tile but it won't show the headline just the Cortana circle icon.

Every other live tile seems to work ok.

Any tips please? Many thanks

:)

AntJac, Aug 27, 2016

2. what is the Cortana live tile SUPPOSED to show ?

1703 - 15063.632 with all available updates applied.

I recently reinstalled windows 10 home on my laptop. (From the recovery partition that came with my laptop.)

Everything seems to work fine except for some of the live tile.

Specifically ....

Cortana

Store

emails

What I do see with the Cortana tile, is a headline, that really never changes.

I had expected things to change on the live tile, but nothing does.

If I click on the Cortana live tile, it opens Cortana and shows me what is titled "Top News".

With regards to the Cortana live tile.

Is that all there is ?

It's okay if it is.

I would just like to know that the live tile is working as it should.

Is there a way to "test" what should appear on the live tile ?

I'm not a bog Cortana user and I am unable to find documentation about how the Cortana live tile should work.

Thanks

JustRayInWisconsin, Aug 27, 2016
  3. DaveLPG47 Win User
    Cortana live tile not working on any of my W10 devices

I have several W10 devices - Surface 3, HP tablet and a Lumia 640 Windows phone.

All have Cortana pinned to Start screen. On October 24, I noticed my Band 2 was no longer getting Cortana updates then noticed Cortana's live tile not working on all of my W10 devices.

Since 10/24:

Updated my Surface 3 to FCU. Cortana live tile still not working.

Kept up with updates for both the HP tablet and L640. Cortana live tile still not working.

Tried the usual unpin - pin Cortana tile, changed its size, etc. to no avail.

Cortana works otherwise, but no live tiles. This "feature" has always been a bit flaky. Even with newest updates it still is. Why?

DaveLPG47, Aug 27, 2016
  4. AntJac Win User

Sorry for the bump but any advice please guys?

AntJac, Aug 31, 2016
Thema:

1. Cortana Live Tile Not Working - Similar Threads - Cortana Live Tile

2. Live tile not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Live tile not working.: So basically I have my Microsoft Store application pinned to my start menu but I don't see the live tile working. I tried a reboot, windows explorer restart, making sure live tile is on, and gave it time yet it still didn't update. Any solutions?? submitted by...
  3. Live tile not working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Live tile not working?: Windows 10 home 64 bit, version 2004 up to date. I use Windows News Live tile in the start menu quite often, but for some reason it no longer shows a rotating news feed picture? I can still click on it and go to the news page, but the tile is dead otherwise. The tile is set...
  4. Live Tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live Tiles: Live tiles don't work when the screen set on a custom scale. Like 110%. Actually they work if the tile's size is medium, but if it is different than the medium it doesn't. Does anyone know how to fix it?...
  5. Live tiles don't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live tiles don't work: Do live tiles work in windows 10 home? Because they don't work here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-tiles-dont-work/e40ceced-cc56-4dd1-b8d7-acbec8a1957c
  6. Netflix live tile not working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netflix live tile not working...: Hey guys, usually the Netflix live tile shows me movies...now it's 3 days and it doesn't flip...all other tiles working fine .. tried in pining and also signing out but no go Any ideas 139554
  7. Live Tiles Stopped Working

Live Tiles Stopped Working: Live tiles have stopped working both on my desktop and Surface Pro 4. This seems to have happened sometime on 11/2. Is anyone else seeing this? I was able to get the desktop live tiles going again by signing out of the account (a local account) and signing into a...
  8. live tiles do not work

live tiles do not work: None of the tiles (Weather,News,Money, etc,) show real data. Just thr tile icon. 44199
  9. Store Live Tile Not Working

Store Live Tile Not Working: Either doesn't work or works intermittently. Any ideas? 23218
  10. Live tiles

Live tiles: Just curious. If I open my start menu the live tiles like store, weather and news do their thing. Cycling through. But after a a while they stop updating and show a static picture or piece of info. Is that how it should be? I would prefer they were on a repeatable loop. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 15254 cortana live tile not working

2. cortana live tile

3. cortana tile not live

4. Cortana live tile phone,
  5. live tile cortana not working