Windows 10: Cortana Missing and Search Windows not working after Anniversary Updat

Discus and support Cortana Missing and Search Windows not working after Anniversary Updat in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Title says it all. I can't use the search functionality and Cortana is missing. Is there a way to reinstall it? 66038 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dreaden, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Dreaden Win User

Cortana Missing and Search Windows not working after Anniversary Updat

Hello,

Title says it all. I can't use the search functionality and Cortana is missing.

Is there a way to reinstall it?

:)

Dreaden, Oct 5, 2016
  2. uhn100 Win User

Cortana after updating to win 10 Anniversary edition

Hi I updated to the Anniversary edition of windows 10 using the media creation tool everything went well, after the install Cortana no longer works in fact her interface is missing the settings icon for her is missing as well, and there is no sign of her
    all I have is a large windows search bar.

Is there a way to reinstall or repair this issue.

Thank you.

Andy Allen

uhn100, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Some features not working in windows 10.

Some features like search windows,cortana,winows store and edge are not working in windows 10. It happened after installing the cumulative updates after anniversary update.Please help.

thomaskuncheria, Oct 5, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Right click the taskbar and choose Cortana arrow, put a check next to Show Cortana icon, and Show Search Box.
    If that fails, press the Windows key+R in the Run Box type CMD, right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type SFC /scannow and press enter this will replace any missing system files.

spunk, Oct 5, 2016
  5. Dreaden Win User
    Cortana is missing from the taskbar so the first method won't work. I also did the SFC/scannow and it didn't find anything missing. I read somewhere that if you create a new user it might work. I did that and saw Cortana in the taskbar, but when I try to go into the settings it says ms-cortana missing.

Also in regedit under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Search I don't have CortanaEnabled as some people have suggested to change the value of that from 0 to 1. Is that something I should create?

Dreaden, Oct 5, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
Thema:

1. Cortana Missing and Search Windows not working after Anniversary Updat - Similar Threads - Cortana Missing Search

2. Search Box not working and Cortana is missing

in Cortana
    Search Box not working and Cortana is missing: My search boxes do not work in Windows 10. I think I caused it by deleting Cortana. I went to the Microsoft Store to try and install the app but all I get after the install is a window that says "Thank for your interest" I saw on a previous post a way to reinstall Cortana...
  3. Cortana and search box not working after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cortana and search box not working after windows update: Good day! I encountered problems with my audio, internet connection, and search box today after automatic windows update. I was able to fix the audio and internet connection after I did system restore. However, the search box (type here to search) and Cortana are both not...
  4. Chess Titans missing after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chess Titans missing after Anniversary Update: Chess Titans is an excellent chess game developed by Oberon Games and included with Windows Vista and several editions of Windows 7. When Windows 8 and 10 were introduced, Chess Titans was not included but it was available via “Download Windows 7 games for Windows 10” from...
  5. Cortana Problems with Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cortana Problems with Anniversary Update: After making the Anniversary Update I found that activation of the Cortana function on my lock screen did not occur per the change video and on my regular home page when I addressed Cortana with "Hey Cortana" the following quote came up on the Cortana screen "create a to-do...
  6. Cortana Listening Mode not working after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Listening Mode not working after Anniversary Update: So I recently got the anniversary update and notice that now Win-C no longer opens Cortana in listening mode. Does anyone else notice this? Is there a way to get it back? Thanks! 59489
  7. Anniversary Update: Search not working properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update: Search not working properly: After the Anniversary update (version 1607 via Windows Update), Search doesn't work properly. (I have re-started again). If I enter a search term ("Restore") on search bar next to the Start Button I get Best match: "Recovery, Control Panel" at the top of the window, but if I...
  8. Windows Search no longer working after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search no longer working after Anniversary Update: As the title says, my Windows Search has stopped functioning properly after the Anniversary Update. I can click on the bar, and it will bring up an empty window, but as soon as I type in anything, it closes itself. I've read up on some possible methods of fixing it,...
  9. No windows Search after Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    No windows Search after Anniversary Upgrade: After the Anniversary Upgrade (AU), I had no Windows search on my PC. This means that File Explorer could not show anything under OS (C:\), FreeCommander wouldn't even start, I could not download to any file other than a Quick Access file, some desktop icons would not work,...
  10. search won't work in anniversary update of windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    search won't work in anniversary update of windows 10: After the Anniversary update (version 1607 via Windows Update), Search doesn't work properly - i no longer have a search icon in my taskbar. i do have a cortana icon. is this by design? - when i try to key something into where it says "ask me anything", i cannot enter any...