Windows 10: Cortana missing Live Tile and from All Apps section

Discus and support Cortana missing Live Tile and from All Apps section in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have had this issue for a while and was wondering if anyone knows of a way to restore these. The Cortana Live Tile and Cortana entry in the All Apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Darkness Muta, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Cortana missing Live Tile and from All Apps section

I have had this issue for a while and was wondering if anyone knows of a way to restore these. The Cortana Live Tile and Cortana entry in the All Apps section are both missing so I cannot re-add the Live Tile back. Any help on this would be appreciated.

:)

Darkness Muta, Feb 27, 2016

2. what is the Cortana live tile SUPPOSED to show ?

1703 - 15063.632 with all available updates applied.

I recently reinstalled windows 10 home on my laptop. (From the recovery partition that came with my laptop.)

Everything seems to work fine except for some of the live tile.

Specifically ....

Cortana

Store

emails

What I do see with the Cortana tile, is a headline, that really never changes.

I had expected things to change on the live tile, but nothing does.

If I click on the Cortana live tile, it opens Cortana and shows me what is titled "Top News".

With regards to the Cortana live tile.

Is that all there is ?

It's okay if it is.

I would just like to know that the live tile is working as it should.

Is there a way to "test" what should appear on the live tile ?

I'm not a bog Cortana user and I am unable to find documentation about how the Cortana live tile should work.

Thanks

JustRayInWisconsin, Feb 27, 2016
  3. WmMiller3 Win User
    Cortana turn off live tile?

My new Lumia 640 has a Cortana app with a live tile that flips to show a headline. How can I turn off Cortana live tile without turning off Cortana? I don't want to unpin Cortana from my homepage, and I don't want to make it smaller. I just want to stop
    the flip that shows a headline. Thanks...

WmMiller3, Feb 27, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Cortana missing Live Tile and from All Apps section

Hi, try Windows key + S. Does Cortana appear and is it functional?

If not, check Location is on in the Action centre and the geolocation service is running.
    Solved Re-installing Cortana - Windows 10 Forums
    (See post #4)

To restore the tile and shortcut you may need to do an in-place upgrade repair install (see the Tutorial section where you can find instructions).

- do not try Powershell commands- the typical ones to repair apps haven't worked since build 10540.

dalchina, Feb 29, 2016
  5. If you end up doing an in-place upgrade
    You will find the link to it in my signature
    Saves hunting through Tutorials for it

hTconeM9user, Feb 29, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hunting? search..*Biggrin CTRL F & type in- finds it easily.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cortana missing Live Tile and from All Apps section

1. Cortana missing Live Tile and from All Apps section - Similar Threads - Cortana missing Live

2. Is Microsoft disabling all the live tiles on every app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Microsoft disabling all the live tiles on every app?: I recently updated multiple Microsoft Store apps. One being the Media Player. Fine, I have the new and improved version, but with disabled capabilities. Namely the live tile. Why is Microsoft doing this? Does the MS community not like the live tile features anymore? I guess...
  3. Is Microsoft disabling all the live tiles on every app?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is Microsoft disabling all the live tiles on every app?: I recently updated multiple Microsoft Store apps. One being the Media Player. Fine, I have the new and improved version, but with disabled capabilities. Namely the live tile. Why is Microsoft doing this? Does the MS community not like the live tile features anymore? I guess...
  4. Is Microsoft disabling all the live tiles on every app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. All Tiles / Apps Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    All Tiles / Apps Missing: I have a cheap little RCA notebook and i accidentaly turned off the GUI. so i have no start tiles, no message board, no way to access BT or anything. i googled it but the method to turn it on doesn't work because not all options are present. Windows 10 update isnt even...
  6. Live tile title missing?

Live tile title missing?: I packaged my .NET 3.1 Core WPF application using the MSIX tool and published it to the Microsoft Store. All is as expected except that, upon manually pinning the application to the Start menu I noticed that the app tile has no title below the icon, but does show the app name...
  7. W10 App Live Tiles

W10 App Live Tiles: Hi. Did a clean install a week ago. All the live tiles work except the ones I like, MS weather and MS mail. Weather weirdly gives me live tile info for Washington DC even though I have updated my location and when I open weather it uses the correct location. I uninstalled...
  8. Missing Music section in Cortana Notes

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Music section in Cortana Notes: Does anyone know how to add the music section in Cortana's notes. I would like to link Cortana to Spotify. [img] 109487
  9. Cortana Live Tile Not Working

Cortana Live Tile Not Working: Hi all. Just a small annoyance really. The Cortana live tile is not working all the time for me. When I open Cortana I can see my specified news cards etc however it won't live update new news etc on the live tile. Sometimes I will see for instance "BBC -5 minutes ago" on...
  10. missing live tile section windows 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Support
    missing live tile section windows 10 PRO: For some reason my start display no longer has a live tile section...only the left most column and the program list. Didn't notice exactly when this change occurred but I haven't been able to figure out how to reestablish. I tried expanding the panel area but even though the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana is missing from allapps

2. Cortana is missing in live tile