Windows 10: Cortana: My W10 with 1709 stopped getting Android notifications

Discus and support Cortana: My W10 with 1709 stopped getting Android notifications in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Problem: After updating from Creators update > 1709 my Windows 10 Cortana stopped receiving defined notifications from my Android phone My setup:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tjsuominen, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Cortana: My W10 with 1709 stopped getting Android notifications

Problem:
    After updating from Creators update > 1709 my Windows 10 Cortana stopped receiving defined notifications from my Android phone

My setup:
    - Latest Windows 10 (1709) update
    - One+5 Android phone with Cortana Assistant (with latest version 2.9.9)

Cortana is configured correctly on my phone (needed accesses granted) and user is the same Microsoft account than on my W10. On my W10 I have also defined/connected OnePlus ONEPLUS A5000 in Settings > Phone. On W10 Cortana, Manage notifications Mobile device is ON and I have selected a few notifications to receive (e.g. missed calls, low bat, a few app notifications). However NONE are coming to my Action Center on W10.

This worked like a charm PRIOR to 1709 update... Has this been temporarily disabled on W10 or ...? Any hints / tips?

And yes, I have un-installed and re-installed Cortana on my phone too.

Appreciated!

//Timo

:)

tjsuominen, Nov 23, 2017

2. Cortana (W10 1709) stopped getting Android notifications

Problem:

After updating from Creators update > 1709, Windows 10 Cortana stopped receiving defined notifications from my Android phone. Cortana works properly otherwise.

My setup:

- Latest Windows 10 (1709) with update(s)

- One+5 Android phone with Cortana Assistant (with latest version 2.9.9)

Cortana is configured correctly on my phone (e.g. all needed accesses granted) and Cortana user is the same Microsoft account than on my W10. On my W10 I have also defined/connected OnePlus ONEPLUS A5000 in Settings > Phone. On W10 Cortana, Manage notifications
    Mobile device is ON and I have selected a few notifications to receive (e.g. missed calls, low bat, a few app notifications). However NONE are coming to my Action Center on W10 when expected.

This worked like a charm PRIOR to 1709 update... Has this been temporarily disabled on W10 or ...? Any hints / tips?

And yes, I have un-installed and re-installed Cortana on my phone too.

Appreciated!

//Timo

T Suominen, Nov 23, 2017
  3. Cortana (W10 1709) stopped getting Android notifications

Hello,

Since the issue with Cortana on your Android device started when you updated your PC to Windows version 1709 or the Fall Creators Update, we suggest that you restore from a system restore point. This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time,
    called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update. This won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. Follow the steps
    below to restore from a system restore point:

• Select the Start button, type control panel
      and then choose it from the list of results.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Once done, check if you're able to get notifications on your Android device.

Update us on how it goes.

Jennifer Bri, Nov 23, 2017
  4. Cortana: My W10 with 1709 stopped getting Android notifications

Pursued after this also on Microsoft forums...

tjsuominen, Nov 26, 2017
  5. Still no luck on getting any idea why the notifications have stopped and how to fix that (if possible). Tried so far:

- un-installed / re-installed Cortana for Android
    - re-connected my account
    - double-triple checked settings (both on Windows 10 & Cortana for Android)

Clueless...

tjsuominen, Dec 19, 2017
  6. Started to work again with Cortana version 2.9.12 on my 1+5 with Android 8.0. Must have been a sw glitch somewhere.

tjsuominen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cortana: My W10 with 1709 stopped getting Android notifications

1. Cortana: My W10 with 1709 stopped getting Android notifications - Similar Threads - Cortana W10 1709

2. How to get Windows notifications on Android?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get Windows notifications on Android?: When I search for "windows notifications on android" I always get the opposite "android notifications on windows" and this is not I want. Does someone know how to get any windows notification on my phone? 179051
  3. Start, cortana, search, notification stopped working on my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start, cortana, search, notification stopped working on my laptop: Guys I have a Asus tuf fx504 running Windows 10 home. I recently faced this issue. Tried many methods from the internet but it didn't work finally reinstalled windows and it worked fine. But after 3 days the same problem...please help submitted by /u/Shot-Dimension-4822...
  4. can I get Cortana on my Android

in Cortana
    can I get Cortana on my Android: Is Cortana available for my Android tablet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-cortana-on-my-android/631e16c7-8e08-4841-aebb-e2f188b97977"
  5. What happened to notification syncing in Android Cortana app?

in Cortana
    What happened to notification syncing in Android Cortana app?: I've been using the Android Cortana app to sync notification to Windows 10 and until a couple of days ago it was working (most of the time). Then the Android app got an update to 3.0.0 and now all the notification sync options are completely gone from the app (I can't find...
  6. Not receiving Cortana (Android) notifications on my PC

in Cortana
    Not receiving Cortana (Android) notifications on my PC: I have done everything required to receive android phone notifications via Cortana app on the pc but I am not getting any notifications. If I set a reminder it works fine but messages/ call notifications do not show up on my PC[ATTACH] Windows 10 home ,Version:1803 , Build:...
  7. Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC: How to: Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC How to Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC Cortana is your digital cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services to help you get...
  8. W10 1709 & ATT/Yahoo

in Browsers and Email
    W10 1709 & ATT/Yahoo: Directly after 1709 completed ATT/Yahoo Mail’s frame appeared but not the actual mail! Mysterious! 95788
  9. Repeat Notifications sent from Cortana on Android Phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeat Notifications sent from Cortana on Android Phone: I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but Cortana on my Android phone is sending multiple notifications of text messages, missed calls, etc. to my Windows 10 machine. As few as two to as much as five of a repeat notifications will be received by my machine....
  10. Start/Notification/Cortana/Search Stop Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start/Notification/Cortana/Search Stop Working: Hi All, I've got a system here which is acting up and I'm looking for ideas of how to resolve. Specs are: Windows 10 Home (upgraded from W8.1) i7-3632 8GB RAM 64bit Inspiron 17R5720 laptop Here's the problem: Everything works fine upon boot, but then, something...