Windows 10: Cortana - No Program Assoc. Error

Discus and support Cortana - No Program Assoc. Error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I go to turn on Cortana under System_Cortana & search_Customize Cortana & search settings, I get an error that reads: This file does not have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by waltersfield, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Cortana - No Program Assoc. Error

When I go to turn on Cortana under System_Cortana & search_Customize Cortana & search settings, I get an error that reads:

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.

Did Cortana not install on my laptop? How do I download it?

:)

waltersfield, Feb 19, 2015
  2. z500 Win User

Application Installer does not start when clicking on a SIS or SISX file

The results are :

C:\>assoc .sis

.sis=Nokia.ApplicationInstaller

C:\>assoc .sisx

.sisx=Nokia.ApplicationInstaller

C:\>ftype Nokia.ApplicationInstaller

Nokia.ApplicationInstaller=C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\ApplicationInstaller.exe "%1"

So exactly like it should be.

When I open my taskmanager I notice that when clicking on a sis or sisx the ApplicationInstaller.exe runs for a second and closes down again.

3. petrib Win User
    Application Installer does not start when clicking on a SIS or SISX file

If you open a command window, and enter the following commands, do the results also look as below?

C:\>assoc .sis

.sis=Nokia.ApplicationInstaller

C:\>assoc .sisx

.sisx=Nokia.ApplicationInstaller

C:\>ftype Nokia.ApplicationInstaller

Nokia.ApplicationInstaller=C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\ApplicationInstaller.exe "%1"

C:\>

If not, post the output of the commands (in particular the ftype command) in your PC.

petrib, Feb 19, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Cortana - No Program Assoc. Error

Hi Walter:
    - are you signed in with an MS account?
    - have you enabled Cortana from the search box?
    - are your language, region and speech settings set to US?

Edwin, Feb 19, 2015
Thema:

Cortana - No Program Assoc. Error

1. Cortana - No Program Assoc. Error - Similar Threads - Cortana Program Assoc

2. Assoc command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assoc command: question. does the assoc command truly work powershell/cmd? i noticed that the icon does not change in my file explorer, nor do the files open with the program specified using the assoc command. i have to manually change it. does it adjust on a restart? im not positive...
  3. Assoc command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assoc command: question. does the assoc command truly work powershell/cmd? i noticed that the icon does not change in my file explorer, nor do the files open with the program specified using the assoc command. i have to manually change it. does it adjust on a restart? im not positive...
  4. Assoc command

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Program not assoc with app?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program not assoc with app?: What app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-not-assoc-with-app/8fd3d793-a771-4970-8698-38bf523a96ac
  6. Cortana won't open programs

in Cortana
    Cortana won't open programs: I upgraded my Windows 10 to version 2004. After that I open some apps from cortana. And after that I also updated cortana applications. After that I can't open apps from cortana...
  7. Cortana No onger Opens Programs

in Cortana
    Cortana No onger Opens Programs: All of a sudden, with no changes that I have made, Cortana will not open programs, it functions normally otherwise, what can I do to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-no-onger-opens-programs/540ea9fd-6830-4f9c-8b12-ef09cf18e7ab"
  8. Cortana program intergration

in Cortana
    Cortana program intergration: I want to use windows 10 voice recognition in Quickbooks, Word and Excell. I can not find the instruction to set them up. Where do I find these instructions? I have searched Cortana's settings and Quiickbooks preferances, Integrated applications and found no way of providing...
  9. Cortana error

in Cortana
    Cortana error: I am getting an error 0x8109001 I am 15. But I'm using standard account it says I'm a minor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-error/1854fba3-e14f-439d-897b-56e51d00c2a0"
  10. Recover default windows program file assocation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover default windows program file assocation: Hi all, is there a way to recover all my default program settings? I have made some mistakes and some settings arent working any moren for eg: (i dont know if the link is accepted: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ociations.html 21570