Windows 10: Cortana "No Sound"

Discus and support Cortana "No Sound" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Cortana seems to be silent all of a sudden. I tried fixing the problem in Settings Sound, but still nothing. Do I have to speak to her before she will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by freedom77, Jun 24, 2017.

1. freedom77 Win User

Cortana "No Sound"

Cortana seems to be silent all of a sudden. I tried fixing the problem in Settings Sound, but still nothing. Do I have to speak to her before she will respond with sound?

:)

freedom77, Jun 24, 2017
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Jun 24, 2017
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Jun 24, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

Cortana "No Sound"

Couple simple things to check- click Cortana icon in taskbar (R of Start button) and click microphone icon to R of Search box to activate your mic. Does it respond to saying "Hey, Cortana" ?

mrgeek, Jun 24, 2017
  5. jl2509 Win User
    Another check...
    Does Cortana respond to your voice commands?
    If so, ask Cortana if she speaks

Also make sure you don't have mute checked in your sound settings on taskbar !

jl2509, Jun 24, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    ...also, check Cortana's individual level in Volume Mixer:

Cortana "No Sound" [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cortana "No Sound"

1. Cortana "No Sound" - Similar Threads - Cortana Sound

2. i need help i cant open the windows menu or the Cortana search menu or the time sound or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help i cant open the windows menu or the Cortana search menu or the time sound or...: I try hitting the windows button or anything like that it does not work and this is really annoying because i have to open apps using windows + r to open files but its hard to find files sometime if someone has a fix that would be nice....
  3. i need help i cant open the windows menu or the Cortana search menu or the time sound or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need help i cant open the windows menu or the Cortana search menu or the time sound or...: I try hitting the windows button or anything like that it does not work and this is really annoying because i have to open apps using windows + r to open files but its hard to find files sometime if someone has a fix that would be nice....
  4. i need help i cant open the windows menu or the Cortana search menu or the time sound or...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do i stop cortana from repeating microphone sound back to me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop cortana from repeating microphone sound back to me: When I activate Cortana keyword permission it plays what my microphone is hearing back to me. I'm using windows 11 version 22H2.These pictures are in danishMy settings look like this when the problem occurs:and like this when the problem doesn't occur:But I want to keep the...
  6. How do i stop cortana from repeating microphone sound back to me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i stop cortana from repeating microphone sound back to me: When I activate Cortana keyword permission it plays what my microphone is hearing back to me. I'm using windows 11 version 22H2.These pictures are in danishMy settings look like this when the problem occurs:and like this when the problem doesn't occur:But I want to keep the...
  7. How to remove cortana beep sounds when pressing E, T and F?

in Cortana
    How to remove cortana beep sounds when pressing E, T and F?: Whenever I press the keys E, T and F, I receive beeping sounds. It hurts my ears and its terribly annoying since I always have my headphones on. It also beeps during class and I get distracted by it. Please help me fix this problem. I tried searching how to remove it but it...
  8. My start menu, Cortana, internet, sound the task bar aren't working on my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    My start menu, Cortana, internet, sound the task bar aren't working on my laptop: I searched the internet for the past three days and have tried every solution but I don't know what else to do. I even tried to reset my laptop deleting apps but keeping my documents but it says the reset was unsuccessful. I've tried the whole sfc / scannnow, the...
  9. After a recent update cortana pops up when a unspecified sound or word is spoken

in Cortana
    After a recent update cortana pops up when a unspecified sound or word is spoken: Hi --I have win 10 build 1904 after an update I was could not communicate with Cortana---I was told that another update was coming for Cortana--when I got it --it seems that Cortana is corrupted and is responding to voice/word/? and then "winking out"...
  10. Cortana Sound

in Cortana
    Cortana Sound: I cannot turn on Cortana voice sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-sound/eaae719e-0eff-40ca-b85c-f67f86d0fc8c