Windows 10: Cortana not opening/not working when pressing the mic button

Discus and support Cortana not opening/not working when pressing the mic button in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a problem with Cortana not opening after pressing the mic button on the taskbar and "Hey Cortana" does not work also. This is a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Winterwolf94, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Cortana not opening/not working when pressing the mic button

I have a problem with Cortana not opening after pressing the mic button on the taskbar and "Hey Cortana" does not work also.

This is a clean install of windows 10 on a Lenovo laptop, I had no problems with Cortana before. If someone can help me I would greatly appreciate it

:)

Winterwolf94, Aug 18, 2015
  2. Ofek Tal Win User

Cortana Cant Hear Me

Whenever I try to talk to Cortana she is not listening, and my mic is working for sure, and when I press the mic button near the "ask me anything" Cortana stops responding.

Ofek Tal, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Windows 10: Issues with Cortana

Cortana used to work but it doesn't anymore. Every time I say hey Cortana or hit the mic button it will open for a second then close. I know my mic is working, but why it Cortana not? all the settings are correct and everything as well.

Original Title: cortana

Jennifer_Mitchell10, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

Cortana not opening/not working when pressing the mic button

Have you checked if Cortana is running at all?

Harpert, Aug 19, 2015
  5. Yes, in the task manager it says cortana is running, but every time I click the mic button the black box appears and then disappears quickly also causing my start button to not work for some seconds.

Winterwolf94, Aug 19, 2015
  6. I uninstalled my microphone driver in the device manager and I let it reinstall itself and got Cortana to work again after I booted it up again later in the day.

Winterwolf94, Aug 28, 2015
  7. Update: Cortana not working again

Winterwolf94, Aug 30, 2015
  8. rfruth Win User

This sounds like me ! (uninstall driver, Windows detects it & all is well till reboot ...)

rfruth, Aug 30, 2015
  9. Yea it's annoying, btw cortana is working again I don't know why lol

Winterwolf94, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana not opening/not working when pressing the mic button - Similar Threads - Cortana opening working

2. When I press the o button on the keyboard, the Gmail screen opens, and when I press L, the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press the o button on the keyboard, the Gmail screen opens, and when I press L, the...: Keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-the-o-button-on-the-keyboard-the/10107ed3-92ab-4bc1-8eb4-f3a06f3d7349
  3. Why does Cortana open when I press any key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Cortana open when I press any key: Why does Cortana pop up everytime I press a key , it could be enter shift backspace , e , f , anything , Cortana apparently doesn't even work in the language my computer is in , additionally the option to disable run at log in isn't even there...
  4. Why does Cortana open when I press any key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Cortana open when I press any key: Why does Cortana pop up everytime I press a key , it could be enter shift backspace , e , f , anything , Cortana apparently doesn't even work in the language my computer is in , additionally the option to disable run at log in isn't even there...
  5. start button and Cortana are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start button and Cortana are not working: I was receiving a message as my window's license will expire soon so I ask to the technical support Microsoft about it they said it because I have a old version so they take remote control of my pc an install a new version as they said I didn't know but the look it's very old...
  6. Mic not working when multiple apps open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic not working when multiple apps open: Hi, so When using the Xbox app or discord when I open games or sometimes even just chrome my mic will stop working on either the Xbox app or discord. I will then have to unselect my mic and re-select it in the mic setting of the respective app. Does anyone know what could be...
  7. CORTANA MIC

in Cortana
    CORTANA MIC: Hi , How do I enable setting such that when I open cortana then mic get on and not to click on mike. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-mic/37bc2b6c-9afe-4fab-a63d-0f86f1ce5fef
  8. Cortana mic

in Cortana
    Cortana mic: After a tech fixing my internet problem left I realized that my Cortana mic had disappeared and the volume button in my task bar wouldn't go higher or lower https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-mic/80b1a912-6289-44dd-b5a7-80bf5d6c2c4a"
  9. Cortana and Search buttons not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Search buttons not working: Recently I noticed Cortana had failed to operate when I hit the button. Then I noticed that when I hit search, again nothing happened. I think these problems may be related. 77278
  10. Cortana Mic Not Working-Mic is Functional and works with games/Google

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Mic Not Working-Mic is Functional and works with games/Google: No idea what is going on. Cortana doesn't hear me when I hit the MIC option. Nothing registers at all. The mic is fully functional. It works on Google Voice search perfectly in Chrome and my games. I set up the microphone in the settings. This is just so bizarre. Any other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot type after pressing cortana mic button

2. click the mic button it just doesnt work cortana