Windows 10: Cortana Not Working Out At All: Cannot See Complete Tile on Display

Discus and support Cortana Not Working Out At All: Cannot See Complete Tile on Display in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I put my taskbar on the right side of the display, not along the default bottom edge. Cortana does not fully display the tile (much of it is off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mavigozler, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Cortana Not Working Out At All: Cannot See Complete Tile on Display

I put my taskbar on the right side of the display, not along the default bottom edge.
    Cortana does not fully display the tile (much of it is off screen beyond right edge)
    Moreover the tile never goes away while I try to see my menu behind the tile.
    It should be AUTOMATIC that when I select on Cortana tile and try to stop it from covering the menu that I hit something like ESC to make it go away. But it doesn't. Can an interface be any more unintuitive?
    This is entirely unacceptable. And Microsoft is saying Win 10 is a major fix of Win 8?
    I wouldn't know, as I passed go and directly went from 7 to 10.

:)

mavigozler, Sep 4, 2015
  2. farby Win User

help,regarding cortana

Don't know whether you understand the suggestions / solutions ..!!!

1. Unpin the Tile from Home screen

2. Enable Cortana to work in Background

3. Launch Cortana and under 'interest' ..select yours..

4. Pin Tile to home screen and confirm that you don't select the smallest Tile size.

5. See if you get Live tile that displays your interests ..

farby, Sep 4, 2015
  3. what is the Cortana live tile SUPPOSED to show ?

1703 - 15063.632 with all available updates applied.

I recently reinstalled windows 10 home on my laptop. (From the recovery partition that came with my laptop.)

Everything seems to work fine except for some of the live tile.

Specifically ....

Cortana

Store

emails

What I do see with the Cortana tile, is a headline, that really never changes.

I had expected things to change on the live tile, but nothing does.

If I click on the Cortana live tile, it opens Cortana and shows me what is titled "Top News".

With regards to the Cortana live tile.

Is that all there is ?

It's okay if it is.

I would just like to know that the live tile is working as it should.

Is there a way to "test" what should appear on the live tile ?

I'm not a bog Cortana user and I am unable to find documentation about how the Cortana live tile should work.

Thanks

JustRayInWisconsin, Sep 4, 2015
Thema:

Cortana Not Working Out At All: Cannot See Complete Tile on Display

1. Cortana Not Working Out At All: Cannot See Complete Tile on Display - Similar Threads - Cortana Working Cannot

2. Cannot complete log in so new computer will not work at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot complete log in so new computer will not work at all: My son has a new geo book every time we try to log in it asks a parent or guardian to sign in to finish setting up when we do this it then produces an error screen which says ‘ something went wrong, it’s not you it’s us’ and gives a close option which just takes you back to...
  3. Cannot complete log in so new computer will not work at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot complete log in so new computer will not work at all: My son has a new geo book every time we try to log in it asks a parent or guardian to sign in to finish setting up when we do this it then produces an error screen which says ‘ something went wrong, it’s not you it’s us’ and gives a close option which just takes you back to...
  4. USB sound completely not working at all, USBs cutting out randomly.

USB sound completely not working at all, USBs cutting out randomly.: At first I thought this was only native to my Rift S Headset which is known to have USB Power problems.. However recently I've been hit multiple times with my internet adapter getting cut, headset USB getting cut or keyboard, I've disabled all things to do with any power...
  5. USB sound completely not working at all, USBs cutting out randomly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB sound completely not working at all, USBs cutting out randomly.: At first I thought this was only native to my Rift S Headset which is known to have USB Power problems.. However recently I've been hit multiple times with my internet adapter getting cut, headset USB getting cut or keyboard, I've disabled all things to do with any power...
  6. Cannot see icons and Cortana cannot hear me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot see icons and Cortana cannot hear me: Whenever I go on tablet mode and exit, sometimes my desktop icons don't even show up, and I also say stuff to Cortana, but the words appear on the screen and then Cortana says: "Sorry, I didn't get that." Help!!!...
  7. Cortana Live Tile Not Working

Cortana Live Tile Not Working: Hi all. Just a small annoyance really. The Cortana live tile is not working all the time for me. When I open Cortana I can see my specified news cards etc however it won't live update new news etc on the live tile. Sometimes I will see for instance "BBC -5 minutes ago" on...
  8. Cortana missing Live Tile and from All Apps section

Cortana missing Live Tile and from All Apps section: I have had this issue for a while and was wondering if anyone knows of a way to restore these. The Cortana Live Tile and Cortana entry in the All Apps section are both missing so I cannot re-add the Live Tile back. Any help on this would be appreciated. 42320
  9. Cannot get Cortana to work at all. Please help.

Cannot get Cortana to work at all. Please help.: Cortana is disabled by company policy. I am signed in with my Microsoft account, and I tried to check all settings that may pertain to Cortana not working. I followed all steps in this post by Howto Geek How to Fix the Message in Windows 10 Can anyone please help? If you...
  10. Cortana doesn't work at all

Cortana doesn't work at all: Every time I say something to her I get a response of "Something's not right. Try again in a little bit". I tried "Play some music" and got a little excited when she said "OK playing your music..." but then "Something's not right." Anyone come across this? Thoughts on what to...