Windows 10: Cortana off problems noticed.

Discus and support Cortana off problems noticed. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Still looking for answer dde server/explorer.exe and wondering if anyone sees errors with it off. I hate to turn that junk on !!! 62734 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ken1943, Sep 4, 2016.

1. ken1943 Win User

Cortana off problems noticed.

Still looking for answer dde server/explorer.exe and wondering if anyone sees errors with it off.
    I hate to turn that junk on !!!

:)

ken1943, Sep 4, 2016
  2. Neil-Th Win User

950xl Problems reading texts over bluetooth

Hi, I've noticed this problem a number of times now;

I receive a text and respond "read it". after several seconds delay Cortana reads the txt. I then take the option to reply and again that works.

The problem is the next text I receive, as after saying read it, Cortana cuts off.

Anyone else seen this, car is a C class Merc.

Thanks.

Neil-Th, Sep 4, 2016
  3. Cortana "interests not available at the moment"

Finding that Cortana gave me nothing new...just a collection of information, already available on my PC, but in a concise panel, while ZA gave me superior protection, I opted to abandon Cortana and remain with ZA. Perhaps they will work out their relationship
    problems. Meanwhile I'll keep the doors locked. I did notice however that even when I "turn Cortana off" Task Manager shows 40 MB of RAM dedicated to Cortana's usage; though since it isn't' working, one has to wonder what Cortana is actually doing.

TimMcFarlane, Sep 4, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, you appear to have made at least three posts on the same topic under 3 different titles.

One of these is effectively thread bumping - prohibited on this forum.. where you say 'Still looking for an answer...'.

Note:
    a. You can Edit an existing post
    b. You can post under an existing thread title
    c. Posting about the same thing under 3 different titles is going to confuse everyone trying to help.

Suggest you delete unnecessary posts.. thanks!

dalchina, Sep 5, 2016
  5. ken1943 Win User
    No I did not.

I have a error DDE Server on every restart/shutdown
    I asked about Cortana causing possible problems when shut down.

I may not state something correctly, but I do not post the same question in different forms.
    I am not new to forums, the internet, newsgroups, different OS's or building computers.

ken1943, Sep 5, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana off problems noticed. - Similar Threads - Cortana off problems

2. Problem with Cortana

in Cortana
    Problem with Cortana: It stopped working. I cannot start it. How can I fix Cortana? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-cortana/07028e39-4df9-49d8-b001-aab71f1b3e68
  3. TURN NOTICATIONS OFF

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TURN NOTICATIONS OFF: How do I turn off notifications? The sound is irritating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-notications-off/34c32a7e-2b3a-46b6-8c28-eccd73245891
  4. Cortana off

in Cortana
    Cortana off: I want Cortana off or deleted. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-off/f74577ba-c458-403e-8b1b-1e5b39698bba"
  5. turn off cortana

in Cortana
    turn off cortana: Since 1903 update moments ago in windows 10 that annoying, useless Cortana is back on. How to turn OFF cortana yet keep the search button/bar. Or, even better yet, how to uninstall version 1903...
  6. Problems with Cortana

in Cortana
    Problems with Cortana: Hi. Cortana freezes and does nothing else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-cortana/41f34c76-42d5-48fa-b7f5-d46d21310762"
  7. turn off cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off cortana: Just updated to Win10 v14366. How do I turn off Cortana? 53946
  8. Shutting Off Cortana

Shutting Off Cortana: Is there a way to stop Cortana running in the background. I see it in the "Task Manager', but you cannot 'End Task' it as it comes right back. 13561
  9. Turn off Cortana

Turn off Cortana: I want to turn off Cortana but it is not listed in the Local Group Policy. 104369
  10. Cortana Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Problem: When setting up "Hey Cortana" I followed some bogus instructions. I typed "Activate Hey Cortana" in the search box. Now it thinks my name is: Activate Hey Cortana. I can't figure out how to change that, and get my real name in there. 3794