Windows 10: Cortana opens by itself ???

Discus and support Cortana opens by itself ??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 Home ver 1803 build 17134.81 Lately when I sign in to my computer and leave it idle, Cortana will open by itself. Not immediately and I did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davidhk, Jun 11, 2018.

1. davidhk Win User

Cortana opens by itself ???

Win 10 Home ver 1803 build 17134.81

Lately when I sign in to my computer and leave it idle, Cortana will open by itself. Not immediately and I did not time it.
    It is in close proximity to my TV, and I usually have my TV turned on most of the time. No sure if this fact is relevant or not.
    Not a big deal, I can always click the X at top right to exit Cortana.
    Just wonder if this happens to anyone else, or is my laptop possessed ?

Cortana opens by itself ??? [​IMG]

:)

davidhk, Jun 11, 2018

2. Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 11, 2018
  3. windows 10 Cortana

Hi Carmentaylor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Cortana opens by itself ???

1. Cortana opens by itself ??? - Similar Threads - Cortana opens itself

2. App opening by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App opening by itself: I have been having a problem recently around like every 20-30 mins some app opens for a second then closes itself I haven’t seen what app it is nor can I seem to figure out what it is but whenever I play a game it takes me back to the desktop of my pc either that or makes my...
  3. App opening by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App opening by itself: I have been having a problem recently around like every 20-30 mins some app opens for a second then closes itself I haven’t seen what app it is nor can I seem to figure out what it is but whenever I play a game it takes me back to the desktop of my pc either that or makes my...
  4. cortana not opening apps

in Cortana
    cortana not opening apps: I am not able to open apps using cortana. It is showing - "sorry, I am not equipped to do that" . May be some settings error, but till now I am not able to find any source to rectify this problem. No clarity is there ,,,how to solve this problem....
  5. Cortana turning itself on

in Cortana
    Cortana turning itself on: Every so often, with absolutely no noise in the room, Cortana turns itself on, either full screen or a window, waiting for a question or whatever. How can I stop this from happening?...
  6. cortana opening apps

in Cortana
    cortana opening apps: When I ask cortana to open up Netflix or spotify, or any app, it says: okay, opening 'that app' but next she doesn't open that app but opens settings for me: Language & time. All my language options are for united states, but only my time is from the time zone of paris. I...
  7. Word opens by itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word opens by itself: Whenever I boot into Windows, Microsoft Word opens up 4 blank documents. I checked under the startup folder and task manager and Word is not there. I have not tried uninstalling Word but I am trying to figure out what is making Word open up these windows. Thank you in...
  8. Cortana opens itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana opens itself: Win 10 Home ver 1803 build 17134.81 Lately when I sign in to my computer and leave it idle, Cortana will open by itself...….in Full Screen. Not immediately and I did not time it. It is in close proximity to my TV, and I usually have my TV turned on most of the time. No sure...
  9. Explorer opening by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer opening by itself: This happened just now as I was reading an article via Chrome. I heard a sound on my speakers and then Explorer opened. It has done this many times recently. It opens but nothing happened. I've checked the Event Viewer but see nothing out of the ordinary. Is there something...
  10. Explorer opens by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer opens by itself: Always to the same place, the root of one of my network drives. When it happens I am using Chrome and reading something. Most likely the NY Times. Nothing is seemingly downloaded. There are no other user sessions besides my own. The OS is Windows 10 Enterprise. All...