Cortana opens by itself ???

Discus and support Cortana opens by itself ??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 Home ver 1803 build 17134.81 Lately when I sign in to my computer and leave it idle, Cortana will open by itself. Not immediately and I did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davidhk, Jun 11, 2018.

1. davidhk Win User

Win 10 Home ver 1803 build 17134.81

Lately when I sign in to my computer and leave it idle, Cortana will open by itself. Not immediately and I did not time it.
    It is in close proximity to my TV, and I usually have my TV turned on most of the time. No sure if this fact is relevant or not.
    Not a big deal, I can always click the X at top right to exit Cortana.
    Just wonder if this happens to anyone else, or is my laptop possessed ?

Cortana opens by itself ??? [​IMG]

:)

davidhk, Jun 11, 2018
  2. Giridhar J Win User

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Rakesh Narayanaswamy Win User
    windows 10 Cortana

Hi Carmentaylor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana opens by itself ??? - Similar Threads - Cortana opens itself

2. how to open mix file in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to open mix file in windows 10: I have *.mix files which I can't open them in Windows 10. Is any application can be downloaded to open mix files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-open-mix-file-in-windows-10/495dc746-1b7e-4166-941a-809b409b6c44
  3. Outlook webmail attachments autosaving instead of opening

Outlook webmail attachments autosaving instead of opening: I have a user that prefers the online version of Outlook even though we have the standalone module, he prefers to use it online. He gets Excel attachments every day that he needs to open and print- he doesn't need to save them to his desktop but it forces him to. This is the...
  4. Windows 10 1803, Cisco Anyconnect VPN, Security at a Glance constantly opens

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 1803, Cisco Anyconnect VPN, Security at a Glance constantly opens: Hi, On several of our Windows 10 1803 Laptops, and when connecting to our VPN using Cisco Anyconnect, Windows Defender Security Centre's - Security at a Glance constantly opens and becomes the active window. Every 5 or minutes it takes the foreground and makes it...
  5. Can't open the battery icon on my taskbar and can't adjust the brightness of my pc

Can't open the battery icon on my taskbar and can't adjust the brightness of my pc: after the windows 10 updated, the battery icon didn't show on my taskbar and when I try to open it and it's lock and can't be open. The brightness of my computer cannot be adjusted too....
  6. Cortana is Completely off my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana is Completely off my computer: Cortana has been removed from my laptop, any help would be much appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_social/cortana-is-completely-off-my-computer/de458f67-8510-4d79-b6b9-97335ff3219c
  7. microsoft edge will not open

microsoft edge will not open: Microsoft edge will not open up How can I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/microsoft-edge-will-not-open/36619b6f-011e-4bd7-ac98-29dd41a4377e
  8. Cortana

Cortana: I removed Cortana completely from my laptop and I want it back. I have tried a lot of things to fix this problem and nothing works. Appreciate the Help...
  9. Why don't links open up OVER other applications running, in order of clicked.

Why don't links open up OVER other applications running, in order of clicked.: So, for example, when I have my email tab opened full screen and I click a link on one of my emails it doesn't take me to that link in a new opened tab. I have to go searching for where it opened. Usually on other computers, when you click an application, it opens up over...
  10. Black screen after Cortana started jabbering

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after Cortana started jabbering: I wiped the drive and installed Windows 10 Pro from an ISO downloaded from Microsoft. Just after I entered the first security question -- I chose a non-Microsoft login for admin -- the screen went black. I kept clicking the mouse, pressing Enter, and even tried...