Cortana opens by itself ???

Discus and support Cortana opens by itself ??? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Win 10 Home ver 1803 build 17134.81 Lately when I sign in to my computer and leave it idle, Cortana will open by itself. Not immediately and I did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davidhk, Jun 11, 2018.

1. davidhk Win User

Win 10 Home ver 1803 build 17134.81

Lately when I sign in to my computer and leave it idle, Cortana will open by itself. Not immediately and I did not time it.
    It is in close proximity to my TV, and I usually have my TV turned on most of the time. No sure if this fact is relevant or not.
    Not a big deal, I can always click the X at top right to exit Cortana.
    Just wonder if this happens to anyone else, or is my laptop possessed ?

[​IMG]

:)

davidhk, Jun 11, 2018
  2. Giridhar J Win User

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Rakesh Narayanaswamy Win User
    windows 10 Cortana

Hi Carmentaylor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Cortana opens by itself ??? - Similar Threads - Cortana opens itself

1. Cortana opens itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana opens itself: Win 10 Home ver 1803 build 17134.81 Lately when I sign in to my computer and leave it idle, Cortana will open by itself...….in Full Screen. Not immediately and I did not time it. It is in close proximity to my TV, and I usually have my TV turned on most of the time. No sure...
  2. Cannot login to Microsoft account, cortana, open edge, weather, store

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot login to Microsoft account, cortana, open edge, weather, store: Hello, I have been using Windows 10 for just over a year (a recent convert from mac OS). i hope you guys can help me out. I recently got infected with 3 trojans. Bitdefender picked them, quarantined them but after every reboot they came back. So I downloaded...
  3. How stop Cortana opening Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How stop Cortana opening Edge: I thought I just read this recently? I looked but no luck. I have Google Chrome as my default browser. However, when I do a search using Cortana, and click one of the web results, it will open my Edge Browser? How do I get Cortana to open web results using google...
  4. How to make Cortana open my Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Cortana open my Documents folder: Hi. I am trying by voice command to have Cortana open the folder my documents, however every time I try, it opens the edge. I have tried with .bat file, put a shortcut in my appdata / roaming / microsoft / start menu / programs folder but the result is always the same:...
  5. Microsoft to open up about its Cortana Skills Kit at Build

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to open up about its Cortana Skills Kit at Build: Microsoft's initial Build 2017 session list is available, and several Cortana Skills briefings are on the list, signaling the public preview of the Skills Kit is finally ready to go. Microsoft looks ready to widen its Cortana Skills Kit availability as of next week,...
  6. Hey Cortana, open Alexa: Microsoft and Amazon collaboration

in Windows 10 News
    Hey Cortana, open Alexa: Microsoft and Amazon collaboration: [img] I talk to Cortana every day — at home, work and on-the-go — to get information about my day, to set reminders so I don’t forget things, and to answer my questions. But I don’t just use one digital assistant. I also frequently talk to Alexa to listen to audio books...
  7. Cortana web searches not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana web searches not opening: Does it still do this when you have Microsoft Edge set as your default web browser? Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials Yeah, it still doesn't work.