Windows 10: Cortana opens by itself ???

Discus and support Cortana opens by itself ??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 Home ver 1803 build 17134.81 Lately when I sign in to my computer and leave it idle, Cortana will open by itself. Not immediately and I did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davidhk, Jun 11, 2018.

1. davidhk Win User

Cortana opens by itself ???

Win 10 Home ver 1803 build 17134.81

Lately when I sign in to my computer and leave it idle, Cortana will open by itself. Not immediately and I did not time it.
    It is in close proximity to my TV, and I usually have my TV turned on most of the time. No sure if this fact is relevant or not.
    Not a big deal, I can always click the X at top right to exit Cortana.
    Just wonder if this happens to anyone else, or is my laptop possessed ?

Cortana opens by itself ??? [​IMG]

:)

davidhk, Jun 11, 2018
  2. Giridhar J Win User

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Rakesh Narayanaswamy Win User
    windows 10 Cortana

Hi Carmentaylor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Cortana opens by itself ???

1. Cortana opens by itself ??? - Similar Threads - Cortana opens itself

2. command Prompt opens by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    command Prompt opens by itself: I am running Windows 10 home version 1803 on my HP laptop, . 2 days ago the Command prompt box started opening when I start my PC and also during normal usage. The box opens for just a few seconds and then closes. What could be the cause of this and how can I stop this from...
  3. Cortana opens itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana opens itself: Win 10 Home ver 1803 build 17134.81 Lately when I sign in to my computer and leave it idle, Cortana will open by itself...….in Full Screen. Not immediately and I did not time it. It is in close proximity to my TV, and I usually have my TV turned on most of the time. No sure...
  4. Opening Older Files with Cortana

Opening Older Files with Cortana: I am having trouble with Cortana. I cannot get it to open older files. Does anyone have any suggestions. I need to open a certain One Note file and an Open Office File. Cortana will open One Note and Open Office but will not open the file that I specify. Thank You in...
  5. Cortana opening websites

Cortana opening websites: On the other account on my PC if i type something like golf.com it will open directly to it, but on my account it brings me to a bing web search. How do i get it to open directly to the website? 10352
  6. Cortana opening apps

Cortana opening apps: Just installed my microphone and tried hey coratana and i am less than impressed, I thought cortana could open all modern apps, but for most all i get when isay hey cortana open news or sports and most others is a web search. Is this correct? also how do i get coratana to...
  7. Cortana will not open, run and search

Cortana will not open, run and search: When I click the Cortana icon nothing happens, it will not open so I cannot use it for searching, reminders, etc. How can I deal with this? 57654
  8. Explorer opening by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer opening by itself: This happened just now as I was reading an article via Chrome. I heard a sound on my speakers and then Explorer opened. It has done this many times recently. It opens but nothing happened. I've checked the Event Viewer but see nothing out of the ordinary. Is there something...
  9. Explorer opens by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer opens by itself: Always to the same place, the root of one of my network drives. When it happens I am using Chrome and reading something. Most likely the NY Times. Nothing is seemingly downloaded. There are no other user sessions besides my own. The OS is Windows 10 Enterprise. All...
  10. Cortana web searches not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana web searches not opening: Does it still do this when you have Microsoft Edge set as your default web browser? Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials Yeah, it still doesn't work.