Windows 10: Cortana & Outlook

Discus and support Cortana & Outlook in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Cortana seems to be little more than program that converts voice to text and turns that text over to a Google search engine. Has anyone gotten it to do... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by alkaufmann, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Cortana & Outlook

Cortana seems to be little more than program that converts voice to text and turns that text over to a Google search engine. Has anyone gotten it to do more than that? I'd like it to enter the text into an e-mail. That might be very useful to those that type with two fingers. *sarc

Ak

:)

alkaufmann, Feb 8, 2015

2. COM Surrogate Keeps Trying to Email

At startup, Cortana is trying to access email using the MAPI API. Outlook does not support MAPI. Other emails apps may not either.

On Windows 10, go to Settings, Cortana, Permissions & History, Manage the information Cortana can access from this device. Turn off Contact, email, calendar & communications history.

David (bNimble), Feb 8, 2015
  3. defender shield flashing in tray,

What was the problem? What caused the problem? How was it fixed?

Can you "access edge, outlook, Cortana, control panel" and turn the computer on & off now?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Feb 8, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Cortana & Outlook

Hopefully in the next build or two 'She'll' work a bit more properly.

Edwin, Feb 8, 2015
Thema:

Cortana & Outlook

1. Cortana & Outlook - Similar Threads - Cortana Outlook

2. Conversational AI in Outlook with Cortana for iOS

in Windows 10 News
    Conversational AI in Outlook with Cortana for iOS: You carry your mobile device with you to every room of your house, to friends’ places, on walks and to and from the office or at home. Your mobile device has truly become your daily companion, at your fingertips to help you stay connected to people and things that...
  3. Cortana Not Opening Outlook/OneNote, updating Outlook Remainders, etc.

in Cortana
    Cortana Not Opening Outlook/OneNote, updating Outlook Remainders, etc.: Cortana Not Opening Outlook/OneNote, updating Outlook Remainders, etc. after the latest update. Could anyone suggest me a solution? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-opening-outlookonenote-updating/e9e53716-e8c6-47c3-bdc4-035c03f5c661
  4. Outlook Cortana

in Cortana
    Outlook Cortana: Hello I was using Microsoft Outlook and needed to ask Cortana question and got a popup that ask me to sign into Cortana and "For best experience use Work or School account" Questions: 1. Why do I have to sign into Cortana when I never had to do it before. 2. This is a...
  5. Cortana won't make appointment on my work outlook calendar

in Cortana
    Cortana won't make appointment on my work outlook calendar: Cortana will only use the calendar associated with my personal MS account, which is not one I ever use or look at in any way. I can't get cortana to make an appointment on my work outlook calendar, which is what I use in outlook. And in the windows calendar app! Everything...
  6. Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge not working after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge not working after update: Hello. I updated my computer yesterday with an automatic update. When I logged in this morning, Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge were not working. I'm not sure what to do, and google is giving me answers from 3 years ago. This only happened...
  7. Cortana and Outlook 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana and Outlook 2019: Hi I have win10 1776.348 and want to use my voice to send and email. I say hey Cortana send an email and it brings up Bing search with results. I thought that with Win10 Cortana I could have used my Outlook 2019 and selected person/s to email and compose then send email...
  8. Two problems - outlook/cortana

in Cortana
    Two problems - outlook/cortana: Hi there, I am on version 1709, because on 1803, the cortana recommended news does not show. Is that fixed now? Also, in outlook 2016, the email sometimes does not synchronize. I can see on my phone I have the new emails, but sometimes in outlook I don't see them until...
  9. What is the Status of Cortana with Outlook in 2018

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the Status of Cortana with Outlook in 2018: Hi Everyone, I've mostly ignored Cortana until I saw a Microsoft video showing its integration with a lot of applications. I thought it would be cool to to be in my car, tell Cortana to email my boss and tell him I'm on my way or I'll be late. However, I've learned that...
  10. New Win 10 Feat. Coming: Cortana on the Lock Screen, Outlook App Upd.

in Windows 10 News
    New Win 10 Feat. Coming: Cortana on the Lock Screen, Outlook App Upd.: New Windows 10 Features Coming: Cortana on the Lock Screen, Outlook App Update Microsoft revamps Cortana in the Anniversary Update Microsoft’s Windows 10 Anniversary Update coming this summer will bring a plethora of new features, including deeper integration of...