Windows 10: Cortana Problem

Discus and support Cortana Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When setting up "Hey Cortana" I followed some bogus instructions. I typed "Activate Hey Cortana" in the search box. Now it thinks my name is: Activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lloydkuhnle, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Cortana Problem

When setting up "Hey Cortana" I followed some bogus instructions. I typed "Activate Hey Cortana" in the search box. Now it thinks my name is: Activate Hey Cortana.

I can't figure out how to change that, and get my real name in there.

:)

lloydkuhnle, Jan 26, 2015

2. "Stopcode -- WHEA uncorrectabel Error"

I no longer have this problem. However, when I do the update it renders my graphics card useless so now I boot from my floppy drive and don't update at all.

PMS CORTANA, Jan 26, 2015
  3. 1709 Bluescreens & video problems

I was just letting the process work itself out as reinstall/recovery didn't help and eventually it would let me sign in. A few days ago while I was typing away, my screen had a mind of its' own and just went extra wide screen and removed my dual screen
    ability. Now my videos don't play in FB and can't get out of this widescreen. I've again tried Recovery to no avail. There have been several updates since the blue screen error. I went out and looked at my devices and now it must has Basic Display Driver instead
    of the Dell driver that was there before. It no longer recognizes it. I have done recovery and it worked for a few minutes but again reverts back to this Basic Driver. How can it do this? I also no longer have a Sleep function on my shutdown menu, just Restart
    or Shut Down. I have done Reset already and had to reinstall several of my apps. This continues to get worse. Everything else is working fine. I have no other screen issues.

PMS CORTANA, Jan 26, 2015
  4. badrobot Win User

Cortana Problem

open up the cortana search box and go to settings (those series of horizontal lines at the top left corner). All you need to do is to toggle the slide switch on to make cortana respond to "Hey Cortana".

badrobot, Jan 26, 2015
  5. Thank you. That did it. This is a great forum, and I'm loving Windows 10.

lloydkuhnle, Jan 26, 2015
  6. badrobot Win User
    You're welcome Activate Hey Cortana. *Wink

badrobot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cortana Problem

1. Cortana Problem - Similar Threads - Cortana Problem

2. "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install...: Ever since a few days ago, everything related to the default windows apps has stopped working. No start menu, no notification bar, no settings, no search, etc.At startup, it spits out this message: "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original...
  3. "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install...: Ever since a few days ago, everything related to the default windows apps has stopped working. No start menu, no notification bar, no settings, no search, etc.At startup, it spits out this message: "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original...
  4. "There’s a problem with Cortana. Reinstall the application from its original install...

in Cortana
  5. Problem with Cortana

in Cortana
    Problem with Cortana: Cortana is not working correctly in my laptop. I just now installed the latest updates available for windows 10 thinking that this would resolve the problem. But even now after installing the updates and restarting my laptop the problem still exists. I've tried to repair,...
  6. Problem with Cortana

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Cortana: Cortana is not working correctly in my laptop. I just now installed the latest updates available for windows 10 thinking that this would resolve the problem. But even now after installing the updates and restarting my laptop the problem still exists. I've tried to repair,...
  7. Problem with Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. problem i face in cortana

in Cortana
    problem i face in cortana: dear microsoft, please give me an update about cortana because i have these issues cortana cannot hear me hwen i call 3 to 4 times it wakeswhen i ask cortana to search a web or to open an app it is showing"I'm sorry, but I can't help with that."im having a genuine copy of...
  9. How to Fix how to fix There’s a problem with Cortana/App. Reinstall the application from...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to Fix how to fix There’s a problem with Cortana/App. Reinstall the application from...: There’s a problem with Cortana/App. Reinstall the application from its original install location or contact your administrator -This is really annoying, I cant access apps like Photos, Microsoft Store and Other Microsoft Apps.I have tried doing all the fixes like -...
  10. Cortana Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cortana Problem: I am facing a major problem in Cortana . When i ask to do something it says i am not equipped to do that. How can in make in equip to do so. Pls help me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-problem/a904d189-b349-407a-88c8-df43b5d39b24