Windows 10: Cortana pushing transit updates issue

Discus and support Cortana pushing transit updates issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I noticed tonight on the Cortana screen/feed it is pushing a box to add home address for transit updates . I thought it strange because my home address... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scottyboy99, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Cortana pushing transit updates issue

I noticed tonight on the Cortana screen/feed it is pushing a box to add home address for transit updates . I thought it strange because my home address and work address are already in Cortana under my favourite locations. Every morning around 6 am through to I presume 9 am it gives me a breakdown for my commute ahead. So the fact this box appears this evening regarding transit updates seems odd (unless it’s a slightly different thing). But i thought I’d play along and add my address to the box. You can select current location (which is correctly shown in its little map preview) or enter manually. But when clicking ok to submit it just says something went wrong and to try again. I tested the same on our other pc with same outcome. We then logged into my wife’s user account to test and exactly the same. There is an option to dismiss the box but we are concerned by doing so we will no longer get our work commute breakdown in the morning which we find extremely useful. It seems maybe it’s just a glitch on Microsoft’s end but I wondered if anyone else was noticing the same?

:)

Scottyboy99, Dec 28, 2017
  2. Entegy Win User

cortana traffic options

Cortana's daily routine interest currently only works with driving to work. It is not currently aware of public transit.

Entegy, Dec 28, 2017
  3. aakkam22 Win User
    Cortana search bar "Search all the things" instead of "Ask me anything"

There is no reason to be suspicious. Part of the Windows 10 campaign is a push for continuous improvement, so an update was probably pushed out that edited the text for Cortana.

I wouldn't worry about it.

aakkam22, Dec 28, 2017
  4. Barman58 Win User

Cortana pushing transit updates issue

Does your current Breakdown give you a real time traffic update regularly as part of your 6am -9am information.

I ask because google now provide this sort of information as part of their commute service so the Transit updates could be Microsoft's version of this information or it could be Train Bus delays etc

Barman58, Dec 28, 2017
Thema:

Cortana pushing transit updates issue

1. Cortana pushing transit updates issue - Similar Threads - Cortana pushing transit

2. Transition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transition: I can't move from the dev channel to the stable version of Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transition/945ffdcd-bcd7-4c10-aafb-3e9c58abbeae
  3. Transition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transition: I can't move from the dev channel to the stable version of Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transition/945ffdcd-bcd7-4c10-aafb-3e9c58abbeae
  4. Start push issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start push issue: Start push issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-push-issue/cdeab479-42b4-400f-ad13-8766489f15a9
  5. Start push issue

Start push issue: Start push issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-push-issue/cdeab479-42b4-400f-ad13-8766489f15a9
  6. Start push issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Cortana updates Integration issues

in Cortana
    Cortana updates Integration issues: Dear Microsoft community ! Cortana can recognize the wake up command and can help to surf on browser. The problem to do task such as command : set an alarm , remind me, open app , launch app is not working properly. I have updated the window 10 and the current version is 21H2...
  8. Cortana updates Integration issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana updates Integration issues: Dear Microsoft community ! Cortana can recognize the wake up command and can help to surf on browser. The problem to do task such as command : set an alarm , remind me, open app , launch app is not working properly. I have updated the window 10 and the current version is 21H2...
  9. Cortana updates Integration issues

10. Cortana start menu pushing send SMS

Cortana start menu pushing send SMS: On cortana when I click it, normally I get some useful info, weather, appointments etc but lately I notice it comes up with something additional in trying to advertise its app on mobile devices like iOS and android and there is no way to get rid of it. It's very annoying....