Windows 10: Cortana Reminder Doesn't Work!

Discus and support Cortana Reminder Doesn't Work! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! All Cortana reminders don't work for me, how can I fix this issue, please? thanks in advance 70269 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NourinE, Nov 18, 2016.

1. NourinE Win User

Cortana Reminder Doesn't Work!

Hello!
    All Cortana reminders don't work for me, how can I fix this issue, please?
    thanks in advance

:)

NourinE, Nov 18, 2016
  2. TomBrad95 Win User

Why no Mobile Data "Quick action" in WP8.1??

Because if you wont receive any notifications and if you set a reminder in Cortana then the time comes and goes without Cortana being on, then the next time it happens it wont work. For example if you say "remind me the next time I speak to Mum tell her
    about the offer" then I speak to my mum but Cortana doesn't know this but the next time I speak to my mum and Cortana is on, she wont notify me of my reminder, so its better not to do this by accident.

TomBrad95, Nov 18, 2016
  3. ptenter Win User
    Cortana: Set Exception not to remind traffic updates during holidays

Cortana doesn't remind on traffic update during public holidays ( I think so). Do I need to put my personal holidays so it doesn't remind me??

ptenter, Nov 18, 2016
  4. Captain Win User

You don't have it on your phone as well?
    Sometimes; if you have 2 instances of the app,
    I noticed it does not like to alert you twice, so it would
    either notify you on your phone or your system.
    I'd see about installing the app and reinstalling to see if it clears the problem.
    If that don't work, let me know.

Captain, Nov 19, 2016
  5. NourinE Win User
    I don't have it on my phone, I just have it on another Mini Laptop, but it's usually off when I this one is on.

NourinE, Nov 19, 2016
  6. Captain Win User
    I'd say uninstall the app or run windows app troubleshooting.

Captain, Nov 19, 2016
  7. NourinE Win User
    I don't know how to uninstall the app, but I'll run the app troubleshooter.

NourinE, Nov 19, 2016
  8. Captain Win User

Alright let me know. To uninstall an app.
    Start Menu|Settings|System|Apps and Features| Select the app| click uninstall.
    Note: some apps will not allow you to uninstall them the normal way.

Captain, Nov 19, 2016
  9. NourinE Win User
    it doesn't exist in the list of apps & feature

NourinE, Nov 19, 2016
  10. Captain Win User
    Hmm, I completely forgot, please forgive me!
    Last resort powershell; however i'd not recommended that unless you know what you doing.
    As for the trouble shooter let me know if this fixed it or no? Also after big Changes be sure to re-start your system. You cleaned App & Internet cache? Did this app misbehave after a Windows 10 update?

Captain, Nov 19, 2016
  11. NourinE Win User
    No problem, Captain, we're only humansafter running the troubleshoooter it say that 'windows store cache may be damaged and not fixed' even after running 'wsreset.exe' command.I haven't cleaned any cache yet.I've recently started to use Cortana.

NourinE, Nov 19, 2016
  12. NourinE Win User
    after the uninstall, is it going to reinstall itself?

NourinE, Nov 20, 2016
  13. Captain Win User

You'd have to reinstall it manually, however I'd remove it, as a last resort. Seeing as you just started using that
    specific app. As for it stating "Windows Store Cache, May Be Damaged" Now we got somewhere. A lot of times it's a detective
    investigation just to find out whats wrong. It makes some sense considering that if something messes with the store cache; many of the windows apps, get a little messed up. Then we can get at the fix. So you did: "wsreset.exe", Is that when you got the
    error message you posted about? Was this app working fine before say any Windows 10 updates? Also as for the store being

Captain, Nov 20, 2016
  14. NourinE Win User
    I always keep my windows updated, but I've started using Cortana recently, I can't say if it worked fine before.
    I ran 'wsreset.exe' right after I found the windows store is damaged. but the issue still exists. the damage is not fixed.

NourinE, Nov 20, 2016
  15. Captain Win User
    Alright lets give this a try one more time; but instead do the same thing, but a part two in it.
    "Click Here For Guide" Check that everything is correct for what you did in the beginning with reference to the
    "wsreset". This is more in-depth; it's very possible that second part would help. Follow it to a T.
    Don't forget you must be an admin to run it on your system and be sure to after to log out/restart.
    Trust me the guy who; made the guides on here, he's good. I've used a few of his guides and it did exactly what he
    stated it was going to do.
    If that don't work please, PM me or post back in here and I will see what can be done next.

{So sorry for the late replay,*Working..Shh*}

Captain, Nov 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Cortana Reminder Doesn't Work! - Similar Threads - Cortana Reminder Doesn't

2. Cortana doesn't set reminders/alarms open apps

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn't set reminders/alarms open apps: I bought my laptop recently. At first, when I used the old version of Win10 which came along defaultly, Cortana worked fine. However, as I updated Windows the next day, it just stopped doing some of the things such as: setting alarms/reminders, opening apps,...
  3. cortana doesn't remind my anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cortana doesn't remind my anymore: Cortana lists my reminders, but doesn't actually remind me when the time comes. Miss a lot of things because of this. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-doesnt-remind-my-anymore/680d2d04-698c-4a35-89ea-2e668cacee04
  4. Cortana Reminders Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Reminders Disappeared: The last time I used Cortana it had a menu that I could choose to see all my reminders. Today that menu is gone. How do I see the reminders I have set?[ATTACH]...
  5. Cortana reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana reminders: Although cortana sets up reminders correctly you are not reminded at the appropriate time. It doesn't matter if you create it on PC, android phone or invoke. It does not work on any device....
  6. Cortana Reminders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana Reminders: I used to get reminders from Cortana by text in the notification area along with a bell sound to remind me. It has stopped working and I've checked all the settings and I can't determine the problem. It accepts my reminders, I see them listed, FocusAssist is off,...
  7. Cortana and reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana and reminders: I am on a windows 10 machine build 18362, and I have questions about reminders. I used to use Cortana (typed) all the time. One of the primary things I used her for was setting daily reminders. I have had a couple of strokes and my memory for some daily activities is not so...
  8. cortana reminder not working

in Cortana
    cortana reminder not working: I am not a minor so why isn't the cortana reminders working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-reminder-not-working/5cc96a20-c408-4490-8b8f-3600cba45bf9"
  9. Cortana reminder

in Cortana
    Cortana reminder: I cannot set a reminder on Cortana it says "your account needs an update.I can take you there to get that settled". plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-reminder/3e912b26-feec-424e-a0ab-8520adccbe2e"
  10. Cortana recurring reminders not working

in Cortana
    Cortana recurring reminders not working: If I create a recurring Cortana reminder on my PC at 2pm every day, the notification pops up once but never again. This used to work fine but stopped on one of the recent major updates. However, this reminder synchronises to my laptop where it appears every day. How do I fix...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana remidng dont work on pc

2. cortana involve reminders dont work