Windows 10: Cortana reminds you of important stuff - even when you forget to ask

Discus and support Cortana reminds you of important stuff - even when you forget to ask in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Cortana is your personal assistant, always there to remember things, so you don’t have to. Today, we’re introducing another, even smarter way for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Cortana reminds you of important stuff - even when you forget to ask

Source: Cortana reminds you of the important stuff – even when you forget to ask - Windows Experience Blog

:)

Brink, Feb 8, 2017

2. Strange reminder behavior .... X3-02

There is only one alarm clock on the X3-02 so I am using the reminder function of the Calendar to help me track stuff that I may forget (lots of stuff).

After you set a reminder and in due time, the phone woke up with alarm tone and vibration. It even display the reminder on the screen saver with a acknowledge button. So far so good ...

The problem starts when you don't press that acknowledge button ... All subsequent reminders will be silent (although it vibrated) !

Is this a bug or a feature ? I hate to think this is a joke because life can be impacted if people are to rely on their Nokia phones.

DogEar---01, Feb 8, 2017
  3. Entegy Win User
    Windows Phone - Cortana-Calendar Issue

There are two kinds of reminders right now.

The first one are the normal ones created through the "tasks" section of the Calendar. The second are special Cortana reminders that have extended functionality. When you ask Cortana to remind you of something, that creates a Cortana reminder. Cortana's
    reminders only exist in the notebook and are displayed on the calendar for convenience. They are not actually stored in the Calendar.

So when you disable Cortana (which is done when you turn off location services), data from Cortana's notebook is not available.

Entegy, Feb 8, 2017
  4. Cortana reminds you of important stuff - even when you forget to ask

Wow is nothing she wont do, wish she could make coffee for when I am busy

hTconeM9user, Feb 9, 2017
Thema:

Cortana reminds you of important stuff - even when you forget to ask

1. Cortana reminds you of important stuff - even when you forget to ask - Similar Threads - Cortana reminds important

2. Can you ask Windows to set hourly reminders?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you ask Windows to set hourly reminders?: With Cortana gone, what is Windows' preferred method for setting routine reminders? I used to ask Cortana to do things like "remind me to check the support mailbox every hour for the rest of day", and she'd handle the rest. I didn't have to add noisy calendar items to my...
  3. Can Cortana tell what song is playing if you ask?

in Cortana
    Can Cortana tell what song is playing if you ask?: If you say "Hey Cortana, what song is this?" She'll respond with something like "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here."I believe she was able to do that a couple years ago. What happened? Is she still able to listen to a song and name it, just like Shazam?...
  4. Cortana Reminders Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Reminders Disappeared: The last time I used Cortana it had a menu that I could choose to see all my reminders. Today that menu is gone. How do I see the reminders I have set?[ATTACH]...
  5. Cortana reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana reminders: Although cortana sets up reminders correctly you are not reminded at the appropriate time. It doesn't matter if you create it on PC, android phone or invoke. It does not work on any device....
  6. Cortana Reminders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana Reminders: I used to get reminders from Cortana by text in the notification area along with a bell sound to remind me. It has stopped working and I've checked all the settings and I can't determine the problem. It accepts my reminders, I see them listed, FocusAssist is off,...
  7. Why Cortana Reminders keeps secretly changing the time it's suppose to remind you?

in Cortana
    Why Cortana Reminders keeps secretly changing the time it's suppose to remind you?: I have multiple reminders that are suppose to be reminding me of certain Pomodoros taskweekly, and Cortana specifically changes those to monthly reminders without telling me. For example, I had a reminder assigned to remind me every Thursday morning. That reminder is now...
  8. Cortana and reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana and reminders: I am on a windows 10 machine build 18362, and I have questions about reminders. I used to use Cortana (typed) all the time. One of the primary things I used her for was setting daily reminders. I have had a couple of strokes and my memory for some daily activities is not so...
  9. ask Cortana for a reminder

in Cortana
    ask Cortana for a reminder: I just set up Cortana on 2 computers and asked her to remind me of an appointment. On one she reminded me with a box in the lower corner, but on the other one, she made a verbal announcement. How do I choose the method?...
  10. Cortana reminder

in Cortana
    Cortana reminder: I cannot set a reminder on Cortana it says "your account needs an update.I can take you there to get that settled". plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-reminder/3e912b26-feec-424e-a0ab-8520adccbe2e"