Windows 10: Cortana search filter list

Discus and support Cortana search filter list in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types. How disable all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Try0x101, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Cortana search filter list [​IMG]

:)

Try0x101, Oct 18, 2017
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Search function in Windows 10 - return to default?

Mike,

I think it would be worthwhile starting a new question.

Call it - Cortana cannot find photo files without specific search filter

In the description, state that [assuming, of course, that I have understood each of these points correctly]

• Cortana repeatedly fails to find photos in your desktop folder
    • Cortana can only find photos in your desktop folder if you select that specific search filter
    • Cortana can find photos in other folders even without using the specific search filter?????????
    • File explorer searchbar can find the photos in your desktop folder even without using the specific search filter
    • Indexing is correct [folders are correct & File explorer searchbar success further demonstrates this]
    • Search & indexing troubleshooter finds no faults [File explorer searchbar success further demonstrates this]

When you have asked your new question, please would you come back to this one and paste in a link to the new one as I would like to see what advice you are given [I won't be any use].

Ignore any replies by "Microsoft" "Support" "Engineers" as they are invariably useless

Best of luck,

Denis

Tryx3, Oct 18, 2017
  3. Search without Cortana

Hi,

The search function on Cortana showing both local and online suggestions is designed to help users to gain full access to all the possible search results. If you're trying to search for a local file without picking up online suggestions, we recommend that
    you use the filter option to refine the search. Here are the steps on how to set the filter:

• Type the word that you're trying to search.
    • Select the appropriate filter for the desired result.

• Wait for the list to load and click the desired search result.

Basic searches like, function, settings, and location doesn't require filter. In addition, you can click the drop-down arrow for
    Filters to view other filter type.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Oct 18, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Do you mean you want a mix of web content, apps and documents (files) all in the same list?

Isn't that what this shows by default?

dalchina, Oct 18, 2017
  5. Try0x101 Win User
    Yes, i want mix all content.

No, on my computer by default content dividing by types (Here for example also "Video" request, but my computer create subcategory "Settings (3)"

Try0x101, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana search filter list - Similar Threads - Cortana search filter

2. Safe Search Filter = on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Search Filter = on: I have an issue with safe search beinn set to ON and I can't set it stating "the administrator has control" or something like that. I am the admin and have tried everything to change it but to no avail. I use Starlink as my ISP and have sent another question to see if they...
  3. Safe Search Filter = on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe Search Filter = on: I have an issue with safe search beinn set to ON and I can't set it stating "the administrator has control" or something like that. I am the admin and have tried everything to change it but to no avail. I use Starlink as my ISP and have sent another question to see if they...
  4. Safe Search Filter = on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search Filter

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Search Filter: Under content filter I have turned on the filter inappropriate websites and searches. However it still allows searches that should be marked as inappropriate. Is there away to add words or phrases that can not be searched.Thanks in advance for any help or insight....
  6. Cortana and Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and Search: I performed a virus, malware and clean up of Windows using Tronscript. It did the job except for two things- removed the Search icon and Cortana icon from my Windows tray. I can move Cortana to the tray. However, I can't open it. It tells me need permission from the...
  7. size:gigantic" search filter not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    size:gigantic" search filter not working: help please the size gigantic filter is not working in file explorer because nothing shows up when i type size:gigantic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sizegigantic-search-filter-not-working/c3dcd19c-3762-4fdb-bf3a-9926af2bf826
  8. Cortana & Search

in Cortana
    Cortana & Search: Dear Sirs Recently my Cortana has stopped searching, stating that there is no internet connection. However, the internet connection is fine and and strong and nothing else reports this problem. I have no problems browsing at all. What's going on?...
  9. Editing junk filter list

in Browsers and Email
    Editing junk filter list: Web version of Outlook junk mail filters are just not doing the job. I am trying this as an attempt to shorten up the list. Multiple duplicates in list just by changing one of the numbers/letters in the username keeping the domain name. i.e. look at the top entry (picked at...
  10. CORTANA search

in Cortana
    CORTANA search: Hi All, Is there a way to configure CORTANA to search for specific words from a documents contained in specific folder only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search/98bd5c7b-8da6-4617-b617-cb347ba56cf7"