Windows 10: Cortana/Search won't work

Discus and support Cortana/Search won't work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, search box a.k.a cortana isn't working. I tried the method with task manager to end the process but it isn't working. Anyone has any ideas how can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CuriousOne, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Cortana/Search won't work

Hey, search box a.k.a cortana isn't working. I tried the method with task manager to end the process but it isn't working. Anyone has any ideas how can i make this work? Thanks

:)

CuriousOne, Aug 26, 2015

2. app issues

cortana and search won't work and most of my apps are corrupted

RusydiZamzuri, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Cortana strange behaviours

My pc's microphone works just fine in every app. Cortana reacts to "Hey Cortana" but just answers me, after 1 second or so, "Sorry, I can't hear anything".

Also, searching something on the web on Cortana and clicking on it, won't open Microsoft Edge. Also search results on the right pane won't click.

gabrielerizzo, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Cortana/Search won't work

try reinstalling your microphone driver, though it only worked for me for a couple of days.

Winterwolf94, Oct 5, 2015
  5. - mine hasn't worked since day one..

I get this..

Cortana/Search won't work [​IMG]

- strange.. (??)

BugMeister, Oct 7, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, worth checking you have 5 icons down the left side of Cortana - usually if people have 3, something is wrong.

Also check 'Location' is not shaded out in the action centre/notification panel and the Geolocation service is running.

A few things I've picked up from elsewhere- (some I've forgotten for now..) which you've probably seen anyway..

Fixing Cortana

Windows 10: Common Problems Users Have and How to Fix Them | Page 6 | Digital Trends

First of all, hit Start > Cortana > Notebook and you can toggle Cortana on and off.

Take a look in Settings > Time & language. You need to make sure
    that you’re using one of these languages – Chinese (Simplified),
    English (U.K.), English (U.S.), French, Italian, German, and Spanish,
    and that your Speech language pack is installed. You also need your
    country or region to be China, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United
    Kingdom, or the United States.

Solved Search is not working. - Windows 10 Forums
    Cortana 10.041 requires three things

An active Internet connection
    Settings: turned on
    An MS account.

In my experience, if you are not connected, it does nothing.
    If you are connected and it is off, it shows the trends, but search
    is still brain dead.
    If you try to sign-in to your MS account through Cortana, the dialog
    wants you to Switch from a local account to a MS account. That's not
    just signing in, that's more than I wanted to do, so that's as far as
    I went ... I did not Switch to a MS account. I have another account
    set up to test with that, but I never would have seen this on that
    sign-in account.

dalchina, Oct 7, 2015
  7. - yep, sure enough..
    - only three icons showing..

- checked..
    - and that's where the problem starts..
    - how come there is no Language pack available?

- it's greyed-out in the list of available language packs..

BugMeister, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cortana/Search won't work

1. Cortana/Search won't work - Similar Threads - Cortana Search won't

2. Search Bar and Cortana won't work?

in Cortana
    Search Bar and Cortana won't work?: This happened like a week ago when my computer was force-shut off before it fully shut itself off. I can't use the Search Bar without it glowing a lighter grey then closing itself. Cortana does the same thing, Glows lighter then closes. I've also been having trouble with...
  3. Search Not working and Cortana Won't Open

in Cortana
    Search Not working and Cortana Won't Open: Windows Search will not work on my computer. I cannot access Cortana settings. I cannot access the "about" screen to find out which version of windows 10 is running. I have reset the troubleshooting index for search. It does not find any known issues. Windows Updates...
  4. Search and Cortana not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search and Cortana not working?: This has been an issue for me for a while but I usually ignore it because I can't seem to fix it, but here I am. Neither search or Cortana seem to even launch, clicking on the search icon on my taskbar does nothing, but I do notice Cortana's process pop up in task manager...
  5. Cortana and Search not working.

in Cortana
    Cortana and Search not working.: Since I've updated my windows 10 to the November Update. The Cortana and search bar is permanently disabled, it ran only the first time. I reinstalled the newer version, they worked for first time, but again got disabled in the next restart. I tried all possible solutions,...
  6. Cortana and search not working

in Cortana
    Cortana and search not working: After installing the latest update of windows with the latest apps, my C drive's storage space drastically decreased (assuming because of the windows old folder being created), along with the start button having a slow response and the cortana & search unable to function. I...
  7. Cortana Search not working

in Cortana
    Cortana Search not working: Hi, I have two issues with Cortana Search. In 1 PC the user is able to search the apps using cortana search but as soon as he clicks the apps, the apps closes i.e. if he opens CALC then CALC opens and closes immediately. This is happening for all the microsoft apps. But...
  8. Cortana won't work

in Cortana
    Cortana won't work: So I just enabled my Cortana today and I seem to have many problems. I can't setup Cortana because when I click the Cortana settings every single setting in there is loading (I waited at least 30 min and it still won't load) forever the only thing that doesn't load is the...
  9. Cortana and Search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Search not working: Hey! Im new to this website so sorry if I do anything wrong, so my problem is, when i try to click cortana nothing opens and when i try to search nothing happens as well. I'm just clicking keys and it doesn't search. Any idea how I can fix this? Thanks 63973
  10. cortana/search not working?!?!

in Windows 10 Support
    cortana/search not working?!?!: just done a fresh install with the latest iso available. here it is the problem using search/cortana... (honestly i didn't care in the past, so i don't it's a normal beahaviour) -loggin in as administrator i can use the search and find settings like "system restore" or...