Windows 10: cortana search

Discus and support cortana search in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I remove this annoying popup from the windows search bar.....see attachment. [img] 94935 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Plankton, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Plankton Win User

cortana search

How can I remove this annoying popup from the windows search bar.....see attachment.

cortana search [​IMG]

:)

Plankton, Oct 5, 2017
  2. Entegy Win User

Is BING really still just in testing mode on my Windows 8.1 smartphone?

You are using Cortana. You turned it on, and any Bing search from anywhere in Windows Phone (IE or the search button) goes to the phone's search function. Because you have Cortana on, you get the Cortana UI for search.

If you don't want to use Cortana, turn off Cortana in Settings>swipe left>Cortana and you'll get the normal Bing interface when you search.

Entegy, Oct 5, 2017
  3. can't get cortna

Hi,

Is Cortana turned on in Settings?

You can check by going:

Start -> Settings -> Search 'Cortana' in the search bar -> Cortana & Search Settings -> Then the Cortana menu should pop up so you can turn Cortana on.

coreyd_0512, Oct 5, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

cortana search

dalchina, Oct 5, 2017
  5. Plankton Win User
    That's already tick off along with every thing else.

Plankton, Oct 5, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Oct 6, 2017
  7. Plankton Win User
    As i stated before ....all that is turned off. Yet....every time I want to search for something I see that annoying popup every time.

Plankton, Oct 7, 2017
  8. Edwin New Member

cortana search

Enter a Phone number and press Send.

Edwin, Oct 7, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Oct 7, 2017
  10. Plankton Win User
    This is a clean install.....less than 30 days. Just checked my MS account.....no devices are shown other than my desktop.

Plankton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

cortana search

1. cortana search - Similar Threads - cortana search

2. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...: hello, I am trying to have Google Chrome as my default browser for everything, I currently see that Edge Deflector and Nomoreedge no longer works, is there a settings way to ensure that my search bar will go to Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge? how can I ensure that I...
  3. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...: hello, I am trying to have Google Chrome as my default browser for everything, I currently see that Edge Deflector and Nomoreedge no longer works, is there a settings way to ensure that my search bar will go to Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge? how can I ensure that I...
  4. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do you get back cortana in search version on Windows 11 and 10

in Cortana
    How do you get back cortana in search version on Windows 11 and 10: How to get old cortana back on windows11 and 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-get-back-cortana-in-search-version-on/67982290-c632-4369-9a79-43368fb0fe4c
  6. How do you get back cortana in search version on Windows 11 and 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you get back cortana in search version on Windows 11 and 10: How to get old cortana back on windows11 and 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-get-back-cortana-in-search-version-on/67982290-c632-4369-9a79-43368fb0fe4c
  7. How do you get back cortana in search version on Windows 11 and 10

8. I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar: In an update, I could not type anywhere, period, but using search and indexing fixed the problem enough to allow me to type in everything except for Microsoft apps. I cannot install apps because I cannot use the Microsoft Store. I also cannot type into the dialog box...
  9. I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar

in Cortana
    I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar: In an update, I could not type anywhere, period, but using search and indexing fixed the problem enough to allow me to type in everything except for Microsoft apps. I cannot install apps because I cannot use the Microsoft Store.Here are all of the "solutions" I have tried...
  10. I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar

I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar: In an update, I could not type anywhere, period, but using search and indexing fixed the problem enough to allow me to type in everything except for Microsoft apps. I cannot install apps because I cannot use the Microsoft Store.Here are all of the "solutions" I have tried...