Windows 10: Cortana/Start Menu search results zoomed out accidentally

Discus and support Cortana/Start Menu search results zoomed out accidentally in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My 1 year old child was mashing the keyboard and now I can't get the search results to show normal size anymore. It's currently unusable. See... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by r0mancandle, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Cortana/Start Menu search results zoomed out accidentally

My 1 year old child was mashing the keyboard and now I can't get the search results to show normal size anymore. It's currently unusable. See screenshot.

Cortana/Start Menu search results zoomed out accidentally [​IMG]

:)

r0mancandle, Mar 25, 2017
  2. Romel Ram Win User

My window button is not working.

Hi James,

There is a possibility that you may have accidentally changed settings on your computer that is causing this issue. For proper troubleshooting, you can refer to the article below:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Feel free to post back for the results.

Romel Ram, Mar 25, 2017
  3. I recently downloaded Windows 10. How do I add Internet Explorer 11 as a shortcut on my desktop?

Type Internet Explorer in the Cortana Search. Pin the result to the Taskbar or Start Menu, If you would rather have it on the Desktop, drag the Start Menu shortcut to the Desktop.

Bruce Hagen, Mar 25, 2017
Thema:

Cortana/Start Menu search results zoomed out accidentally

1. Cortana/Start Menu search results zoomed out accidentally - Similar Threads - Cortana Start Menu

2. Tweak start menu search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tweak start menu search results: I use search constantly and keep my machine well indexed. Search generally works pretty well, but sometimes the results are very.. counter intuitive. For example, without fail, if I search "Desktop" the Best Match is always Remote Desktop Connection, rather than Desktop which...
  3. Tweak start menu search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tweak start menu search results: I use search constantly and keep my machine well indexed. Search generally works pretty well, but sometimes the results are very.. counter intuitive. For example, without fail, if I search "Desktop" the Best Match is always Remote Desktop Connection, rather than Desktop which...
  4. Start Menu Search Results for Applications are Out of Date

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Results for Applications are Out of Date: When I attempt to search for newly installed programs via the start menu search, they do not appear. Uninstalled programs will contiune to appear search in the results after having been removed. This issue only affects program results, not file results. I have tried...
  5. Start Menu Search Results for Applications are Out of Date

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Results for Applications are Out of Date: When I attempt to search for newly installed programs via the start menu search, they do not appear. Uninstalled programs will also still show in the results after having been removed. I have tried restarting the windows search service, restarting windows explorer,...
  6. no cortana search results

in Cortana
    no cortana search results: no cortana search results https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cortana-search-results/a8802319-d2a3-432d-a63b-cd0b4a5885c2
  7. Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu

in Cortana
    Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu: Hi, can anyone help me out with this? Start, Cortana, Edge & Search Menu are no longer working correctly after downloading Windows 10 Pro 1903 OS Build 18362.329 32 bitX64 for 86 based systems(KB 4512941) Aug 30 update. I've still got the start button & search bar but it...
  8. Cannot change Start Menu results color? (aka Cortana search)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change Start Menu results color? (aka Cortana search): Using the Dark theme. Problem is, when I press the Start Button and start typing anything, it all turns bright (white/light gray). Issue is described perfectly here: How to change color of search menu in Start to black? I tried the suggestions there (region change /...
  9. Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search

in Cortana
    Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search: Hi; on some Windows 10 installations (and indeed, even on my other user account), I get web search results when I press the Start key on my keyboard and then type into the search box. For example, "32 F in C" will yield 0° C. This isn't happening on one of my accounts. As...
  10. Web searches, Start menu and Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Web searches, Start menu and Cortana: Hi In Windows 10 v1511, how am I supposed to disable the Web searches from the Start menu, but I would also like Cortana continued to use the Web for research? Thanks Bye 44451