Windows 10: Cortana trying to phone home via SearchUI.exe

Discus and support Cortana trying to phone home via SearchUI.exe in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Out 12:33:14 PM 1/6/2018 192.168.1.109:58277 204.79.197.222:443 (https) TCP (6)... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by boidsonly, Jan 5, 2018.

1. boidsonly Win User

Cortana trying to phone home via SearchUI.exe

Out 12:33:14 PM 1/6/2018 192.168.1.109:58277 204.79.197.222:443 (https) TCP (6) C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe

It continually tries to access the internet. I have Private Firewall as my Firewall and have granular control over what gets access to the web. It tried to access the web 35 times in under 30 minutes.
    If you open an app, WIndows 10 wants the app to phone home. I tried to copy and paste the above into Paint and it wanted access to the web. What for?!
    Win 10 is some piece of Spyware....

:)

boidsonly, Jan 5, 2018

2. I cannot find Apps or Programs by using the taskbar search.

After I restarted Cortana, I still couldn't search for apps using the taskbar search.

I decided to go to the details on Cortana using the Task Manager and noticed that "SearchUI.exe" was suspended.

Could this be the cause of the problem?

Is there anyway to get "SearchUI.exe" to run again?

MichaelLF412, Jan 5, 2018
  3. Removing unwanted TSR programs like Cortana

Try to Stop SearchUI.exe and quickly DELETE the cortana folder. After you have taken ownership and given your SPECIFIC USER full access to the folder.

WilliamArdoin, Jan 5, 2018
Thema:

Cortana trying to phone home via SearchUI.exe

1. Cortana trying to phone home via SearchUI.exe - Similar Threads - Cortana trying phone

2. Phone connected via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone connected via USB: Installed Windows 11, not a great change.As many have reported, where is the on and sleep button, FOUND IT and many other features I have found.But surly for every change, Windows could have told us.The system shows my mobile is paired, but I can no longer see if it is...
  3. Phone connected via USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone connected via USB: Installed Windows 11, not a great change.As many have reported, where is the on and sleep button, FOUND IT and many other features I have found.But surly for every change, Windows could have told us.The system shows my mobile is paired, but I can no longer see if it is...
  4. Limit SearchUI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Limit SearchUI: Is there a way to limit SearchUI from eating up too much space in the background? It's utter useless and the only purpose I use it is for the search so I don't have to navigate through the files to get what I want. It causes my PC to lose performance, and it's cancerous....
  5. Cortana via keyboard

in Cortana
    Cortana via keyboard: No Microphone. Can I chat with Cortana using only the keyboard? And can I place a Cortana shortcut on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-via-keyboard/dd1d9a88-f4ba-4797-988c-ae179dd01648
  6. SearchUI Stealing Focus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SearchUI Stealing Focus: Hi, I've recently started playing RDR2 but every few minutes SearchUI.exe steals focus from the game. From what I've read, you are unable to uninstall Cortana or rename to stop the process from running. Has anybody had a similar issue and been able to resolve? Windows...
  7. Cortana for phone Windows 10

in Cortana
    Cortana for phone Windows 10: I'm using Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE with Windows10. Can I somehow install Cortana? Please help me, I can't find it anywhere. TY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-for-phone-windows-10/8529b451-5aca-4305-818f-1b0d1ddaadb3"
  8. Problems searching for Desktop Apps (.exe) with Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems searching for Desktop Apps (.exe) with Cortana: Cortana seems to be highly hesitant to search for .exe files. Some files don't appear at all, even though I have manually added them to the search index. Other files appear, but then after a second or two disappear from the results and get replaced with a recommendation to do...
  9. Fault trying to share photos from phone to laptop via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fault trying to share photos from phone to laptop via Bluetooth: I could transfer photos from my mobile to my laptop running windows 8.1 by selecting "share" then Bluetooth on my phone. I updated my laptop on 29th July to Windows 10 and have been testing the upgrade to ensure I can accomplish all I wish. When attempting the same process...
  10. Odd New Cortana/SearchUI Glitch? Delayed Open of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd New Cortana/SearchUI Glitch? Delayed Open of Start Menu?: I started getting these odd delays. Cortana's button would no longer open her. when I pressed the windows key or pressed the start menu, it took about 2 seconds to pop up... Very odd, my PC has an i7 4790k, and 8gb of RAM, and an r9 290 in it all on an SSD with plenty of...
Tags: