Windows 10: Cortana UTC Time Is Incorrect

Discus and support Cortana UTC Time Is Incorrect in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My system time is correct (Central Time Zone + Daylight Savings Time). Cortana is displaying UTC -4 - it should be UTC -5. How do I correct? 19057 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HorsePix, Aug 24, 2015.

1. HorsePix Win User

Cortana UTC Time Is Incorrect

My system time is correct (Central Time Zone + Daylight Savings Time). Cortana is displaying UTC -4 - it should be UTC -5. How do I correct?

:)

HorsePix, Aug 24, 2015

2. UTC Incorrect

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

I suggest you to provide the screenshot of the issue so that we can get better clarity on this issue.

You can also add clocks for different time zone and check.

Thank You

Uttam Yadav, Aug 24, 2015
  3. UTC Incorrect

Does anyone know how to fix the UTC time on Windows 10? I have it set to show two times as I work globally with other developers so we operate under UTC and then I have it show local time. The local time is correct but UTC is one hour off. I suspect it
    is the DST that is throwing it off. I work with other operating systems and it seems Windows is the only one that UTC is Off. So if anyone knows how to fix this it would be great.

KendallHolm, Aug 24, 2015
  4. tcebob Win User

If you right click on the time at the right end of the taskbar you will have an opportunity to adjust the date and time. However, I checked that and something is screwy about the zone settings list. I live in Florida, USA -- Eastern Time Zone but the settings say (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada). It seems something is amiss in the program. I'm going to post a query about that. Meanwhile, if your time display looks OK I suggest you leave it alone. Windows 10 is full of holes and I believe that MS will fix them eventually. I also believe in world peace and the Tooth Fairy.

tcebob, Sep 4, 2015
  5. utc -5 is for eastern time what Cortana shows as -6 is what central time should be... I checked mine and its correct for eastern

icpwolverine, Sep 4, 2015
  6. Rocky Win User
    Mine is correct, UTC - 0700= Mountain Time.

Rocky, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana UTC Time Is Incorrect - Similar Threads - Cortana UTC Incorrect

2. How to change time zone from UTC to UK time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change time zone from UTC to UK time: How to change time zone from UTC to UK Standard time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-time-zone-from-utc-to-uk-time/febaa38c-117f-494b-9d34-04c4ae2f4c7b
  3. How to change time zone from UTC to UK time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change time zone from UTC to UK time: How to change time zone from UTC to UK Standard time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-time-zone-from-utc-to-uk-time/febaa38c-117f-494b-9d34-04c4ae2f4c7b
  4. Change Damascus time zone on Office and Windows from UTC+2:00 to UTC+3:00

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Damascus time zone on Office and Windows from UTC+2:00 to UTC+3:00: in Syria decided to stop using daylight saving UTC+2:00 and to permanently use the summer time UTC+3:00, However on office apps and windows time the Time zone is still set to UTC+2:00 which results in issues with time on laptops and the meeting on office calandersSo is there...
  5. What is UTC offset / time zone for London UTC +00:00 or UTC +01:00 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is UTC offset / time zone for London UTC +00:00 or UTC +01:00 ?: My Windows 10 is configured to show that London is located in UTC +00:00 time zone where Google says that London is actually in UTC +01:00 time zone,Today is 27.08.2019 17:17 local time. According to Windows, current offset is 0 therefore it is 27.08.2019 17:17 UTC...
  6. What is UTC time zone for London UTC +00:00 or UTC +01:00 ?

What is UTC time zone for London UTC +00:00 or UTC +01:00 ?: My Windows 10 is configured to show that London is located in UTC +00:00 time zone where Google says that London is actually in UTC +01:00 time zone,Today is 27.08.2019 17:17 local time. According to Windows, current offset is 0 therefore it is 27.08.2019 17:17 UTC...
  7. Time is incorrect

Time is incorrect: The time is incorrect on a New PC using windows 10. Have tried every setting I can find. An on my y Help??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-is-incorrect/6cd4b08c-e192-41d2-852f-7db99785731f
  8. Time Zone changes (always to UTC -05:00, from either UTC +01:00, or UTC +04:00, depends...

Time Zone changes (always to UTC -05:00, from either UTC +01:00, or UTC +04:00, depends...: GREETINGS Time Zone on my Carbon X1 keeps reverting to Pacific and should be Eastern. Time Zone changes (always to UTC -05:00, from either UTC +01:00, or UTC +04:00, depends where i am) usually after my notebook (Lenovo X1 Carbon) wakes up. Method 1: Check the status...
  9. UTC Time: Displaying UTC Time On Bottom (Task ?) Bar ?

in Windows 10 Support
    UTC Time: Displaying UTC Time On Bottom (Task ?) Bar ?: Hello, I give up after spending close to an hour with the built in W10 time setting screens. I want UTC to display on the bottom (task bar ?). It just won't display; I can set it on the W10 screens for time and date, but it doesn't carry over to the bottom bar on the...
  10. UTC offset incorrect in Windows OS

in Windows 10 Support
    UTC offset incorrect in Windows OS: Windows uses local time for some unknown historical reason. If you want you can set it to UTC (especially useful if you dualboot with Linux and/or macOS). This registry change works on Windows 10 (I use UTC): Time - ArchWiki