Windows 10: Cortana voice recognition on button click

Discus and support Cortana voice recognition on button click in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I recently upgraded my media center to Windows 10, because I wanted to use Cortana. Basically, what I want to do is, press a button on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LuigiEd, Aug 2, 2015.

1. LuigiEd Win User

Cortana voice recognition on button click

Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded my media center to Windows 10, because I wanted to use Cortana. Basically, what I want to do is, press a button on my remote and then "talk" to Cortana.

However I cannot find any hotkey, that essentially does the click on the "listen" button next to the Cortana search filed in the task bar. Do you guys know of any hotkey, I can map on my remote?

Another option for me, would be to use the windows messaging system to fire the event message myself. However, I do not known the message name for this event yet. Is there anywhere to look it up?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

NOTE: I do not want to use passing speech recognition (having Cortana listen for "Hey Cortana") due to privacy concerns. *Wink

:)

LuigiEd, Aug 2, 2015

2. [WINDOWS 10] Cortana not using voice to respond

Cortana does not respond to voice commands. I can dictate messages on non Cortana voice recognition

markwentzel, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Oyesh Win User
    Cortana gets stuck when clicked on MIC button in Windows 10

Whenever I click on MIC button in Cortana, it gets stuck. And, the whole TASK BAR and START MENU stops working.

I am using Windows 10 on Lenovo X1 Carbon. The speech recognition used to work fine, but now it has stopped all of a sudden.

I have turned on "Hey Cortana" as well, but that doesn't help.

I have to kill Cortana, from the TASK Manager, once it gets stuck. Cortana voice recognition on button click :(

Hope you guys will fix the issue soon. And, am excited to use the voice recognition soon. Thank you.

Oyesh, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Andrew87 Win User

Win + C should be the hotkey to activate cortana speech recognition.

Andrew87, Aug 2, 2015
  5. LuigiEd Win User
    Thanks, I will try it tonight.

LuigiEd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana voice recognition on button click - Similar Threads - Cortana voice recognition

2. voice recognition dictation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    voice recognition dictation: best tablet or chrome book/laptop to record audio dictation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recognition-dictation/88f9a4d4-2521-40e6-b32d-5a0c94118c1f
  3. voice recognition dictation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    voice recognition dictation: best tablet or chrome book/laptop to record audio dictation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recognition-dictation/88f9a4d4-2521-40e6-b32d-5a0c94118c1f
  4. voice recognition

in Cortana
    voice recognition: i am from east Tennessee and have a pretty thick country accent. i have only had bad experiences with voice anything. would it help any for me to attempt to communicate? there are not a whole bunch of people who sound like me on here from my limited observation. i mean i am...
  5. "Voice Recognition" using Cortana

in Cortana
    "Voice Recognition" using Cortana: Hello Does Cortana give you API access for "Voice Recognition" Voice ID? I would like to authenticate my customers using Cortana. Thanks & Regards Deepak...
  6. Voice Recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Voice Recognition: Can you have voice recognition active in WORD, but not active in any other programs during the day? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recognition/a2500d07-c695-446a-9667-482179d79d25
  7. Voice recognition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Voice recognition: I wish to have voice recognition on this new Dell and have windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recognition/d14385e1-a0cd-44a3-90d2-9460f642da76
  8. Voice Recognition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Voice Recognition: Hi I am unable to use windows voice recognition. I am in Australia. The program will not open because my interface language is different to the voice recognition system, and I am instructed to change this under advanced options. However I cannot get to advanced options....
  9. Voice Recognition in Cortana

Voice Recognition in Cortana: The Voice Recognition in Cortana was working. I had to Restart my computer. It quit working. I re-installed my microphone but it still would not work. My microphone is located in my Monitor along with my Web Cam. Why did this happen? It was working fine and after Restart it...
  10. Voice recognition

Voice recognition: I want to use voice-recognition in Spanish, I installED Windows in Spanish, when I go to voice-recognition I can install the microphone and the reading comes in Spanish. However when I go to start voice-recognition, a message appears that the interface and the computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Hi Cortana show voice recognition icon