Windows 10: Cortana weather location issue

Discus and support Cortana weather location issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A very minor issue but starting about 4 or 5 days ago I noticed when I click on Cortana and it brings up the useful info .ie. news headlines, weather... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Cortana weather location issue

A very minor issue but starting about 4 or 5 days ago I noticed when I click on Cortana and it brings up the useful info .ie. news headlines, weather that the weather location at the top has changed from showing as 'Havering' my UK borough to a generic post code RM3 9. RM3 is still my location but I just thought it strange it has lost its ability to display Havering or Romford. It's not PC specific as we looked at our other family PC and this is doing the same. Just wondered if others are noticing the same. Not a major thing at all, more of an aesthetic thing if anything. I suppose one could argue it is being even more pinpoint / accurate by narrowing down the post code as much it has.

:)

Scottyboy99, Aug 11, 2016

2. Windows 10 lock screen

Obviously the help People at Microsoft don't read questions properly before responding. He said the weather doesn't show on the Lock Screen which would say he has selected it to do that but it's not showing.

I also have an issue with the Weather app on the lock screen. Mine shows the weather but for a location 300km away?????

There does not appear to be a way to select the location, yet I have my home weather location correctly set with Cortana and it displays correctly in that app if I ask Cortana what the current weather is.

Regards

Paul

Wookies-Question, Aug 11, 2016
  3. Weather app won't open default location when launched from Cortana

Cortana seems to think my location is 80 miles south of where I live!!!!!!

I've changed the default launch location in the Weather app - when I click on Weather in Cortana it defaults to the WRONG location!

How do I get Cortana to recognise my real location?

Gordon B-P, Aug 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Cortana weather location issue

Hi, Cortana (not that I really use it) has kept asking for my address... note if you use Wifi your location can be tracked quite accurately- within a few houses. Ethernet- to your server.

dalchina, Aug 12, 2016
  5. Just wondering, have you set your Default Location yourself or do you let Windows detect it automatically?

TairikuOkami, Aug 12, 2016
  6. It's automatic detection. I suppose if anything it's narrowed right down to the postcode so even more accurate but just seemed strange that prior it was showing an area .ie. Havering or Romford

Scottyboy99, Aug 12, 2016
  7. AU might have changed something, you can set Default Location in Weather and Privacy and that should take care of it.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cortana weather location issue

1. Cortana weather location issue - Similar Threads - Cortana weather location

2. Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather: I need help I had to reset my laptop thinking cortona would fox itself but it didn’t it still has the wrong location don’t know why please help...
  3. Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather: I need help I had to reset my laptop thinking cortona would fox itself but it didn’t it still has the wrong location don’t know why please help...
  4. cortana Showing weather of wrong location.

in Cortana
    cortana Showing weather of wrong location.: Hello everyone, My Cortana app is showing weather of the wrong location. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-showing-weather-of-wrong-location/c3d3b60e-dff2-416b-b068-c6d4e987d680
  5. Cortana gives the wrong location when asking for the weather.

in Cortana
    Cortana gives the wrong location when asking for the weather.: When I ask cortana to give me the weather she gives me the wrong location when the weather app is set to my location. I wonder if this a bug or something that can be fixed?...
  6. Weather location

Weather location: Every day when I open my browser the weather is for NY. how do I keep my weather location on Lumberton, MS.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-location/e5bcd2a7-1685-4b50-9242-b1a9c8da4045
  7. Question about Cortana: Weather and Location Reporting

Question about Cortana: Weather and Location Reporting: How do I set Cortana to automatically detect my weather location? She has asked me to enter my City for weather locations. But, I want her to automatically detect my location instead of me having to do it by putting in my city. Thanks in advance! 40196
  8. Cortana nearby weather

Cortana nearby weather: I have always had cortana set to give me my nearby weather in the summary / news feed area. Until two days ago it has always been spot on. So precise in fact it actually lists my post code! But suddenly accros all our machines she is now reporting another post code. It's not...
  9. Cortana weather issue

Cortana weather issue: This has been bugging me for quite awhile now, any help would be appreciated. My main weather city in Cortana is Palm Coast, my secondary city is Schererville, Palm Coast is always rolled up while Schererville isn't, is there any way to have it the other way around?...
  10. cortana weather

cortana weather: how do you change the location for the weather that cortana reports? 16235