Windows 10: Cortana will not connect to the internet.

Discus and support Cortana will not connect to the internet. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use Cortana to go to places on the internet and It will not connect to it by voice commands. I can type in what I want and it goes to it. Can anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JayTaunton, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Cortana will not connect to the internet.

I use Cortana to go to places on the internet and It will not connect to it by voice commands. I can type in what I want and it goes to it. Can anyone tell me why Cortana will not connect to the internet. My default Browser is Google Chrome. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You in advance,

Jay

:)

JayTaunton, Jun 12, 2016

2. Cortana will not connect to the internet

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the thread below and check if it helps:

Cortana not connecting to the internet

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 12, 2016
  3. Cortana will not connect to the internet

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

This may be due to the corrupted files present in your system.

Try the method below and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 1: Performing SFC scan and DISM scan
    will help you repair the corrupted files in your system.

To perform SFC scan, follow the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

To perform DISM scan, follow the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

If the issue is not resolved, try the below method.

Method 2:

Step1: Open an Administrator command window by

• CNTRL + Shift + ESC
    • Click File and select Run New Task. Make sure you have a check mark beside
      Create this task with administrative privileges.
    • Type CMD
    Step 2: Type the following commands in the CMD Prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

Step 3: After running the above commands, and it shows no remaining issues, run the below commands:

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Step 4: Check to make sure the above command ran, shows a blue progress indicator and then returns to the prompt,

• If you see a red error, then the command may have been typed or pasted incorrectly, or there may be a larger problem with Windows 10. Try again.
    Step 5: Check the issue is resolved.

• If not, restart the PC. In this case try as a new Administrator user account.

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community.

Likhitha V, Jun 12, 2016
Thema:

Cortana will not connect to the internet.

1. Cortana will not connect to the internet. - Similar Threads - Cortana connect internet

2. Cortana disabled, but cortana processes still wants to connect to internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana disabled, but cortana processes still wants to connect to internet.: Hi, I have disabled all cortana features in settings and O&O shutup 10, but the cortana processes is still establishing connections.How do I proceed to fully uninstall it?If I need an assistant, I will hire one....
  3. cortana can't connect to the internet

in Cortana
    cortana can't connect to the internet: Hi, My Cortana can't connect to the internet, it says "I can't connect at the moment , try again in a little bit" My WiFi connection works just fine, my laptop is up to date, my search bar works too, and I tried using a local account, but still don't work. this is...
  4. Cortana won't connect to internet because of my account

in Cortana
    Cortana won't connect to internet because of my account: I did change my region to US in order to use Cortana but it always says "Sorry, the internet and I aren't talking right now" but when I sign in a different account Cortana did work....
  5. Spotify connect to cortana

in Cortana
    Spotify connect to cortana: Hello I have problems connecting spotify to cortana, when a say "play my song on spotify" it opens the app and does nothing else, if something is already playing the voice command just pauses the music. I have tried everything for about 2 hours trying to fix it,...
  6. Cortana can't connect to the internet

in Cortana
    Cortana can't connect to the internet: if i try to talk to Cortana, it says that it can't connect to the internet...I think the problem occurred because i tried to change Cortana's speech recognition language but now i don't know how to fix that...I've tried reinstalling the English(US) Speech Recognition pack...
  7. Cortana not connecting to the Internet on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana not connecting to the Internet on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Cortana is one of the most sophisticated of AI assistants in the market. However you may at times face issues with Cortana, one of which is that Cortana doesn’t connect to the Internet- even though you can access the Internet [...] This post Cortana not connecting...
  8. connecting Cortana and Nest

in Cortana
    connecting Cortana and Nest: I tried to connect Cortana and Nest but failed. I performed the steps according to the instruction and went to the Connected Home and signed in there. Then I clicked on Nest, entered my Nest credentials and tapped Allow. But then when I get back to the Connected Home, Next...
  9. Cortana cannot even "Search My Stuff" with no internet connection!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana cannot even "Search My Stuff" with no internet connection!: Hi, I've noticed, if there is no internet connection on account login, Cortana cannot search for files and apps in my PC! When it's connected to internet (even for a few seconds), Cortana's (local) search works fine. Is it only for me???*Huh P S: If you want to...
  10. Home button, cortana, connecting to internet not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Home button, cortana, connecting to internet not working: Soon after downloading Windows 10, problems started emerging. Nothing happens when I click on the the icons for home, cortana, connecting to the internet, or power. It is impossible to establish an internet connection, the troubleshooter "couldn't identify the problem". The...