Windows 10: Cortana With 4-Digit Passcode - Possible?

Discus and support Cortana With 4-Digit Passcode - Possible? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm loving Windows 10 and I really want to enable Cortana for all the voice recognition goodness but when I configure it I get a message that says my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by boltjames, Sep 17, 2015.

1. boltjames Win User

Cortana With 4-Digit Passcode - Possible?

I'm loving Windows 10 and I really want to enable Cortana for all the voice recognition goodness but when I configure it I get a message that says my "Microsoft ID will now become my signon" or something like that.

I leave the notebook powered on all day and when I walk away from the desk I lock the screen. Waking it up has a simple 4 digit password, very quick and easy. I must lock the screen 20x a day.

Am I reading things correctly? If I enable Cortana I will lose my 4 digit passcode and every time I want to unlock the screen I will have to type in a lengthy email password with capital letters and digits and such?

BJ

:)

boltjames, Sep 17, 2015
  2. Roy 59er Win User

the 4 digit passcode for rm-1073

What do you mean by 4 digit passcode is it a passcode you put on the phone?

Roy 59er, Sep 17, 2015
  3. n5320XM forgot lock code

Great help, the guys at **bleep** Smith said it was a 4 digit passcode. The 5 digit one works!

Grayp---01, Sep 17, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Cortana can only be used when you sign in to Windows with a Microsoft account, that's why when you set it up the system converts your local account to an MS account.

The PIN you are using can be set regardless if you use a local account as now or an MS account. In fact when you set up the MS account you will be asked if you'd rather use a PIN than a password. When set up, you don't have to enter you MS account name and password, instead simply select the user account you want to use to sign in and enter the PIN:

Cortana With 4-Digit Passcode - Possible? [​IMG]

5. Kari Win User
    You are welcome *Smile

Kari, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana With 4-Digit Passcode - Possible? - Similar Threads - Cortana Digit Passcode

2. 4 digit pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4 digit pin: to login to my Microsoft account, I have to type in a pin but it's a 4-digit pin and i only have six-digit pins and the requirements of the pin have to be six, but I can only type to 4 before it says its incorrect. how do I fix this...
  3. 4 digit pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4 digit pin: to login to my Microsoft account, I have to type in a pin but it's a 4-digit pin and i only have six-digit pins and the requirements of the pin have to be six, but I can only type to 4 before it says its incorrect. how do I fix this...
  4. Windows 4-digits PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 4-digits PIN: Hi,I couple of days ago, during my work assignment in another state, I lost my laptop Windows 10 on it.The laptop has a Windows 4-digits PIN when I use it last time, I remember that I put it on sleep.When I got back home, I run the Windows "Find My Device" tab and I found my...
  5. Passcode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Passcode: To whom it may concern, My computer was working fine , I just recieved the latest windows update and everything went fine. I was running low on storage after the update but was able to delete previous version of windows. everything was still finebut the next day I tried to...
  6. passcode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    passcode: I am trying to passcode protect a folder does anyone know how to do it? PLEASE HELP ME!!! Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/passcode/ef25342b-38dd-492d-8e27-9818f272a963"
  7. New Microsoft Cortana Digital assistant 3.1.0.2395 for Android Dec. 4

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Cortana Digital assistant 3.1.0.2395 for Android Dec. 4: Fast, easy and fun to stay on top of work & life with your personal assistant Cortana! Bring your smart digital assistant to your phone to help keep track of the important stuff wherever you are, across your devices. Microsoft Cortana is your free smart digital assistant....
  8. Is it Possible to Disable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it Possible to Disable Cortana?: I've read that trying to remove cortana from win 10 will break windows. But is it possible to disable cortana? 122824
  9. Is it Possible to Disable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it Possible to Disable Cortana?: I've read that trying to remove cortana from win 10 will break windows. But is it possible to disable cortana? 122824
  10. Revoking Digital Licence -- possible ????

in Windows 10 Support
    Revoking Digital Licence -- possible ????: Hi there I've got an older Sony VAIO laptop with a digital licence -- wiped it clean because I want to donate to charity. But if they install any windows from scratch will the Ms servers have the old digital license / hardware footprint on it. I'm happy to donate no longer...