Windows 10: Cortana wont hear me when I click the microphone

Discus and support Cortana wont hear me when I click the microphone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So when I click the microphone in (Ask me anything) bar it says Sorry about that, I did not hear anything, Tap here to make sure cortana hears you. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Askboy4, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Askboy4 Win User

Cortana wont hear me when I click the microphone

So when I click the microphone in (Ask me anything) bar it says Sorry about that, I did not hear anything, Tap here to make sure cortana hears you. But when I click on TAP HERE it takes too long to load. Please help!

:)

Askboy4, Nov 20, 2016

2. Windows 10 recognized my microphone and works, but Cortana doesn't hear me

I am using a internal mic built in, I can recorded my voice on programs.
    The microphone works, and more importantly when I select cortana to "learn my voice" for "Hey Cortana", she is able to hear me, and I can easily complete the voice training.

However, no matter how I tell "Hey Cortana" she will not open, even if I press the small microphone sign from the bottom, she still is unable to hear me.

when I click the mic listen appears but they it can't hear me and sometimes it does not open.

R C Bauista, Nov 20, 2016
  3. Cortana can'e hear me

hello

so my microphone is already set to default and it works normally with other programs but not with Cortana.

so sometimes when I click on Cortana's microphone it doesn't even display anything (doesn't say click here to make sure Cortana can hear you)

and sometimes it says that (click here to make sure Cortana can hear you) so I don't know the problem.......

EzzedineOzone, Nov 20, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Take a look at your sound properties, by right clicking the speaker icon in system tray, and selecting Recording devices, and make sure the correct mic is chosen as default:

Cortana wont hear me when I click the microphone [​IMG]

You can also set up your mic here by clicking configure:

Cortana wont hear me when I click the microphone [​IMG]

Cliff S, Nov 20, 2016
  5. Askboy4 Win User
    Solved, Thanks for your patience to help me.

Askboy4, Nov 21, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome*Smile

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana wont hear me when I click the microphone - Similar Threads - Cortana wont hear

2. Cortana Can’t Hear Me

in Cortana
    Cortana Can’t Hear Me: Cortana Can’t Hear Me When I try to use audio commands for Cortana, it does not work. See enclosed screenshots. What am I doing wrong? Jerry 5/12/17 [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  3. Cortana can hear me but wont answer!

in Cortana
    Cortana can hear me but wont answer!: When I try to use Cortana, she recognizes my instruction but then it makes the stop listening sound and goes back to the main screen. Nothing happens. It only wakes up on my call 'Hey Cortana' and then does not respond to my further commands, just goes back again. I have...
  4. Cortana can't hear me

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana can't hear me: Cortana can't hear me, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-cant-hear-me/bce75771-6b05-49fc-9bd0-c5aa1e267e16
  5. Cortana can't hear me.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana can't hear me.: I have gone through all of the activation and set up instructions for voice recognition, have checked all of the appropriate boxes, but to no avail. I can see and hear people during connections on Skype, messenger etc, but they cannot hear me. Can anyone help?...
  6. cortana does not hear me

in Cortana
    cortana does not hear me: I have two accounts on my PC. Cortana stopped hearing me on one account, but works fine on the other. I have no idea why and didn't change anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-does-not-hear-me/8d052349-6995-4543-93e6-03e1fe881ed7"
  7. cortana cant hear me

in Cortana
    cortana cant hear me: hey i have set up the mic and everything recently after an update cortana is turning on but not taking up what i say how do i fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-cant-hear-me/289d8b7d-0395-47e5-8bd0-88651d427db8"
  8. Cortana doesn't hear me

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn't hear me: Hi! When I click on the microphone icon or press Windows key + C the Cortana page opens on the side, but the little Cortana circle is just pulsing and that's all that it does. The device manager says the microphone is working, I tried to update driver, but the one I have...
  9. Cortana cannot hear me

in Cortana
    Cortana cannot hear me: Hi, I built a new computer and all is good, except that Cortana cannot hear me. I have tried my headset mic and USB mic, both show levels when I speak, but Cortana cannot recognize my voice. I have the following: Windows 10 (all up-to-date) Asus RoG Strix X399...
  10. Cortana wont hear me after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana wont hear me after reboot: *Sick Have scoured the internet for an answer but nobody knows. Setup, Windows 10 July edition, on HP Desktop PC. Logitech Pro 9000 Webcam with Logitech Software installed. Cortana works fine if I go into Learn My Voice, and after that she is happy. But when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone works but cortana cant hear me

2. windows cortona cant hear me on mic

3. cortana sorry about that i did not hear windows 10

4. click on microphone icon for cortana cant hear me