Windows 10: Cortana won't work on new computer; works fine on older one.

Discus and support Cortana won't work on new computer; works fine on older one. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A few days ago, I upgraded my Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10 and took Cortana for a bit of a test drive. It wasn't great but it might be useful on some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RhinoCan, Dec 24, 2015.

1. RhinoCan Win User

Cortana won't work on new computer; works fine on older one.

A few days ago, I upgraded my Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10 and took Cortana for a bit of a test drive. It wasn't great but it might be useful on some occasions.

Today, I bought a brand new laptop which installed Windows 10 when I powered it on. After the installation, I was checking things out a bit and wanted to verify that Cortana was working on the new laptop. Cortana promptly told me it was not available in this region!

This makes no sense to me. I was in Southern Ontario, Canada, both times (although in different cities within the area). I can't believe that Cortana would work in London Ontario but NOT in Kitchener Ontario, which is only an hour east of London.

Does anyone have any idea how I can coax Cortana to work on the new laptop? It's not that it's a must-have app for me but it *might* be useful on occasion or even fairly often if I give it half a chance.

:)

RhinoCan, Dec 24, 2015

2. Can't seem to get Cortana to respond to me

Original title: Cortana

I can't seem to get Cortana to respond to me. I know that my computer has a mic, but it is an older laptop. I recently upgraded to Windows 10, I also have another laptop and Cortana works fine what's the deal?

MichaelBerry_077, Dec 24, 2015
  3. HP 1012 laserjet

I just purchased a new all in one hp desk top. manufacturers don't tell you the issues below. After you purchase and tell you there is 24/7 support, they don't say your old printer (which work fine) don't work with new computers. and some people don't have
    thousands of $$$ to buy all new printers.

don't seem to be able to use my laser jet 1012 with it.

says drivers are not available and it won't work with usb 2.0

it worked fine on the hannspree-older

I don't want to buy another laser jet b/c hp will not support my 4860 all in one either.

I can use the 4860 wired, hp won't support wireless w/o paying I don't want to use up all the b/w ink b/c it is expensive.

any ideas??????????????????????????????

ZmudaFamily, Dec 24, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Dec 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Cortana won't work on new computer; works fine on older one. - Similar Threads - Cortana won't computer

2. My computer won't work after the update it was just working fine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer won't work after the update it was just working fine: It was working fine until my mum pressed the off button by mistake and it initialized the update. It would boot I'm really pissed off by the fact that my laptop homepage just goes blank and I't was working fine until whatever stupid update came along and crashed my pc and I...
  3. My computer won't work after the update it was just working fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won't work after the update it was just working fine: It was working fine until my mum pressed the off button by mistake and it initialized the update. It would boot I'm really pissed off by the fact that my laptop homepage just goes blank and I't was working fine until whatever stupid update came along and crashed my pc and I...
  4. My computer won't work after the update it was just working fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot make an older game work on a new computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot make an older game work on a new computer.: I am trying to make an older game 2012? work on a new machine and it needs two files that are missing from my new computer running Windows 10 Home, The game publisher has told me that Microsoft Visual C++ Visual 2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 and Microsoft Visual C++...
  6. Cannot make an older game work on a new computer.

Cannot make an older game work on a new computer.: I am trying to make an older game 2012? work on a new machine and it needs two files that are missing from my new computer running Windows 10 Home, The game publisher has told me that Microsoft Visual C++ Visual 2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 and Microsoft Visual C++...
  7. Cortana won't work on Lenovo

in Cortana
    Cortana won't work on Lenovo: I have set up the mic, it hears me. All audio settings are correct. Cortana worked out of the box, then stopped half way through set up. I did not choose to run my computer in Microsoft store mode. Any suggestions? I find the prices on Microsoft store too expensive for...
  8. Cortana won't work

in Cortana
    Cortana won't work: So I just enabled my Cortana today and I seem to have many problems. I can't setup Cortana because when I click the Cortana settings every single setting in there is loading (I waited at least 30 min and it still won't load) forever the only thing that doesn't load is the...
  9. Google Desktop won't work after computer reset. Working fine before.

Google Desktop won't work after computer reset. Working fine before.: After a number of things not working as wanted and my XPS 8700 running slower and slower I went for the 'reset' option in Windows 10 Home. (I had forgotten how much work it is to reinstall all the programs I like to use.) Everything works fine except for Google Desktop. It...
  10. Cortana/Search won't work

Cortana/Search won't work: Hey, search box a.k.a cortana isn't working. I tried the method with task manager to end the process but it isn't working. Anyone has any ideas how can i make this work? Thanks 19463