Windows 10: Cortana

Discus and support Cortana in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I simply installed an older version of RealTek Audio (v. 2.75) and Cortana started working again in Build 10130! Cortana Working! Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Winuser, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Edwin New Member

Cortana

I simply installed an older version of RealTek Audio (v. 2.75) and Cortana started working again in Build 10130!

Cortana Working!

Edwin, Jun 6, 2015
  2. rmonroe36 Win User

Tried R2.75 but that was for 32bit. So I then downloaded and installed R2.78 64bit and after two required reboots Cortana is now VERBALLY responding.
    Your post got me off my duff to try a driver reinstall - thanks.

Rich

rmonroe36, Jun 6, 2015
  3. Winuser Win User
    I was going to try Cortana again (build 10130) but I think my son borrowed my headset.

Winuser, Jun 6, 2015
  4. wase4711 Win User

Cortana

so, if I have her set to always on and listening, why do I still have to click the microphone icon to get her to respond? on 10130...

wase4711, Jun 12, 2015
  5. have you trained her for the 'Hey Cortana' command

from my understanding that's the only way she will do anything (and how it works on the phone)

paulsalter, Jun 12, 2015
  6. wase4711 Win User
    How do you "train" her?
    I turned all the options on, but she doesnt seem to hear me all the time, unless I click on the mic..

thanks!

wase4711, Jun 12, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    I gave up on it. Besides that I'm not going to talk to my desktop. If I had a small hand held I would give it another try.

Winuser, Jun 12, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

Cortana

I only tried cortana once to satisfy my curiosity. I always disable it now on every clean install. I also have it disabled on my Lumia 1520. The native voice command of the 1520 works very well with the bluetooth device in my car.

badrobot, Jun 13, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Just tried it again in this build(10130) and it works fine for me. I ask for the weather and it gives me the current weather conditions in Oak Ridge... cool. *Smile

BunnyJ, Jun 13, 2015
  10. Winuser Win User
    Cortana is like my wife. She only hears what she wants to hear. In other words she totally ignores me. *Smile

Winuser, Jun 14, 2015
  11. I can get Cortana to open Outlook 2016 Preview, wow! Now if I could get her to type my e-mail... she might be useful.

alkaufmann, Jun 14, 2015
  12. rmonroe36 Win User
    This is one reason why I see great potential for Cortana even though at this stage she seems a bit developmentally deficient. On my Windows Phone (Lumia 635) she is much smarter!

Rich

rmonroe36, Jun 14, 2015
  13. Cortana

The only time Cortana speaks to me is if I speak to her first. She never says my name when I activate her. I have her set to speak but she doesn't. I live in the U.S. so there shouldn't be any issue there. I don't use her all the time but it would be nice to be spoken to when I do use her.

wingedhorses, Aug 21, 2015
  14. that's how it works
    speak to it and you get a spoken response
    type something and you get a text response

paulsalter, Aug 21, 2015
  15. Okay, thanks. I was under the impression that she spoke upon activation. But then, what's the point of making sure her pronunciation of your name is correct if she never says it?

wingedhorses, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cortana

1. Cortana - Similar Threads - Cortana

2. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  3. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  4. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. End of support for Cortana

in Windows 10 Gaming
    End of support for Cortana: While the decision to phase out Cortana may have disappointed some users, it's important to recognize that Microsoft is continually evolving its products to meet the changing needs of its customers. Here are some reasons why bringing back Cortana might still be...
  6. End of support for Cortana

End of support for Cortana: While the decision to phase out Cortana may have disappointed some users, it's important to recognize that Microsoft is continually evolving its products to meet the changing needs of its customers. Here are some reasons why bringing back Cortana might still be...
  7. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  8. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  9. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...: hello, I am trying to have Google Chrome as my default browser for everything, I currently see that Edge Deflector and Nomoreedge no longer works, is there a settings way to ensure that my search bar will go to Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge? how can I ensure that I...
  10. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...: hello, I am trying to have Google Chrome as my default browser for everything, I currently see that Edge Deflector and Nomoreedge no longer works, is there a settings way to ensure that my search bar will go to Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge? how can I ensure that I...